Author Topic: Approaching Women at the Gym  (Read 15628 times)

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Approaching Women at the Gym
« on: September 04, 2008, 08:32:23 AM »
What's up guys and gals?

So I joined a new gym. And there are a bunch of pretty girls there. I was wondering how do you approach girls at the gym. Obviously, most of them are there to work out, and probably not to get hit on. So is there any particular way you've found that works without making you look like a creep?
Thanks

Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Approaching Women at the Gym
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 09:01:16 AM »
I've never tried to pick up women at the gym, figuring most would be there for working out.
I've seen guys trying to do that at a gym and it just looks cheesy.

Be polite, and if there is a mutual interest, I'm sure she'll be willing to chat.

Good Luck.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 09:07:02 AM by schro »

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 09:12:17 AM »
Thanks, Shro
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 09:19:08 AM »
If there's one gal in particular that you're interested in, I'd just say "Hey, I know you're here to work out, but I was wondering if you would like to join me for a __________ after working out"?

Or something like that....she'll appreciate that you're respectful of her time at the gym.
Just a thought.

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 09:25:25 AM »
That's not a bad idea, actually.

Yesterday was my second day at the gym, and this one girl definitely caught my eye. She even came over to ask me about this one exercise I was doing and what it muscles it helped with. So I just explained it to her and didn't make a move or anything, but I figure next time I see her, I'll just smile and say hi and see how she reacts. Hopefully she works out at the same time I do.
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 09:45:50 AM »
Just make sure your dome is smooth  8).

I would think the fact that she approached you is definitely a good thing.

Offline slyinglide

• Give till it hurts!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Work hard, Play harder, Love Often
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 11:05:17 AM »
You already have an in, with both of you interested in working out....use that as a platform.......but be genuinely interested in either learning from her or teaching her new exercises......after a couple of times ask her out for a friendly lunch or SOMETHING.......keep her at ease, don't make her put her guard up...........try friendship first. O0 O0 O0
I was told to think outside the box, how did I get in the box in the first place?

Offline The Zook

• One Blade Renegade
  • Super Sly
  • Collector O'Razors
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 11:32:55 AM »
I wouldn't do it, at least not at the gym... if it fails you'll both try to avoid each other in a place you used to go to get away from it all.

Take your time, find out where she hangs out, etc... make an effort to see her somewhere else where the setting is more social.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 01:16:20 PM »
If there's one gal in particular that you're interested in, I'd just say "Hey, I know you're here to work out, but I was wondering if you would like to join me for a __________ after working out"?

Or something like that....she'll appreciate that you're respectful of her time at the gym.
Just a thought.

I used something similar to that once.  It turned out well.  She was a trainer there and we dated for a couple of months.  Before asking her out, I used to smile and say hi the few times I saw her at the gym before making the move.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 01:21:05 PM »

Just a thought.

I used something similar to that once.  It turned out well.  She was a trainer there and we dated for a couple of months.  Before asking her out, I used to smile and say hi the few times I saw her at the gym before making the move.

And look at you now Tyler, ................married with a kid!  :(

Hey James, take my advice, ignore our advice!  ;D

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 02:02:48 PM »

Just a thought.

And look at you now Tyler, ................married with a kid!  :(

Hey James, take my advice, ignore our advice!  ;D

;D

Well I'm off to the gym. Wish me luck. I'm actually hoping she's not there today, I'm doing legs, and I make really funny faces when I do my legs  :*))
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline StumpyDave

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 02:10:20 PM »
Read my "Opposite of picking up chicks at the gym" thread.
Go by car.
Leave after her if she is there.

Offline no1birdman

• No Jokes
  • Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 07:18:08 AM »
Turn it around, why would they want to go out with  you, are you the best looking, the richest or the one that stands out, if not try something different  to get noticed, remember the zz tops song sharp dressed man,

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 08:12:15 AM »
I agree with Lucky.
---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

Offline whitetoast

• Sly Jr.
  • Big & Bald & SLY
    • What I do?
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 11:01:07 AM »
Or you could always go with the Chris Farley "Tommy Boy" approach and make it look like you were jacked, and say "Uh, you know where the gym is, ah nevermind, I 'll find it" and then turn around, smack yourself in the head a few times and then call you self stoopid...another hot chick might see you getting all down on yourself and come over to your rescue!!
http://www.nfsnet.com
http://www.whitetoast.us
[img width= height=]http://www.whitetoast.us/images/plate.jpg[/img]