Author Topic: Review: King of Shaves AlphaOil Shave oil  (Read 1426 times)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Review: King of Shaves AlphaOil Shave oil
« on: August 31, 2008, 08:04:18 PM »
I bought this product a couple of days ago and have shaved with it twice. I have only ever used one other shave oil...Shave Secret... so that's all I can compare it to.
I'll grade on a scale of 1 (low) to 5(high).

1) Scent -  very nice. Sort of a mild menthol. The scent will probably be appealing to those who dislike the clove scented Shave Secret. Score : 4 of 5

2) Feel - It feels exactly like Shave Secret on the skin. Score: 4 of 5

3) Slickness when shaving - I don't think it's very slick. Not nearly as slick as Shave Secret. The razor sort of drags when shaving with this product. Score : 2 of 5

4) Closeness of shave : A pretty close shave! Score : 4 of 5

5) Value - I paid just under $6 for a bottle. Shave Secret is about $3.50. Score : 2 of 5

Overall Score : 16 of 25

I really wanted to like this product because it is very easy to find in  my area. When I opened the bottle and got a whiff of the scent I thought "Oh Yeah!".
But that's pretty much where the good ended for me. I really didn't like the way it felt when shaving. I felt like I was fighting with the razor to get it across my head smoothly.
That, combined with the cost compared to Shave Secret, was a big turn off for me.
Had the additional cost been the only factor i would recommend this product, but the lack of slicknes while shaving was a big no-no for me.
The ironic thing is that I got a very close shave.

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields