Author Topic: Jamie from mythbusters  (Read 5325 times)

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
Jamie from mythbusters
« on: January 21, 2007, 09:12:30 PM »
One of my favorite shows on TV is mythbusters on discovery channel, and one of the hosts, Jamie Hyneman, is bald and always wears that beret of his.

bald for life

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Jamie from mythbusters
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 11:36:17 PM »
That's a fun show to watch!  I always learn something new when I'm watching that.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline David

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 11:47:24 PM »
That's a fun show to watch!  I always learn something new when I'm watching that.

wednesday's episode features adam testing the escape from an underwater car myth.   That will be a great episode.

I liked the one yesterday where they tested the myth that the paint on the hindenburg not the hydrogen inside made it burn so fast.

They determined the paint had some effect, but the hydrogen was the primary factor.   However the best part was the 3rd test, where they made a model of the hindenburg and covered the outside with thermite(basically rocket fuel).   That baby burned like it never burned before.
bald for life

Offline juventus206

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm far to good looking to have hair.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 12:54:32 AM »
Man this is a fun show to watch.  A few of the guys at work attempted to re-create the Mentos and diet soda episode at work.  Needless to say, discipline was issued to the numb-skulls covered in soda, but man was it funny ;D

BaldRob

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 12:49:30 PM »

Have you sent him a shirt yet?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 02:53:38 PM »

No.  I should find out where they tape here in SF and then just take him one.  Hmmmm....I'll get working on that.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline David

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 03:20:56 PM »

No.  I should find out where they tape here in SF and then just take him one.  Hmmmm....I'll get working on that.

Did you see the episode where they tested the escape from alcatraz and swimming to the shore?   Although my favorite was the killer whirlpool episode, where adam throws up at the end of it.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 03:22:53 PM by David »
bald for life

Offline jasandalb

• Sly Jr.
    • My Page
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 12:56:13 PM »
That show ABSOLUTELY KICKS A$$

I cant miss it on wednesday nights...have it tivo'd as well.
Some of the stuff they come up with is wild....but I think my favorite ones are were they test ballistics like shooting weapons into water, bullet proof glass, etc... things that make you go hmmm.

Anyway, Tyler you definetly gotta get Jamie a T-Shirt.
Its a typical situation in these typical times...

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 01:07:07 PM »
Anyway, Tyler you definetly gotta get Jamie a T-Shirt.

Yeah, I'm trying to find out where they tape the show and/or who reperesents him.  He's a hard guy to find.