Author Topic: Waxing  (Read 4031 times)

Offline caffeine

• Learning the way of Sly
Waxing
« on: August 22, 2008, 10:36:51 AM »
Hi, new to the site and have seen that you've spoken a bit about head waxing in the past

apologies for running over an old topic but i'm keen to give it a go but just can't seem to convince any of the waxing places in DC to try it out on me. Does anybody know of anywhere around Virginia that will suck it up and give it a go?

Have been headblading for over 2 yrs and now after a closer/less shadow look

Appreciate your help lads  O0

Offline Casey Jones

• Sly Jr.
Re: Waxing
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 11:05:06 AM »
" I never said I didn't have syphilis/ Ms. Listless-- hard like the bricks I pound my fists with/ I mean, she's hard like the bricks/ That I pound with my fists."

Offline slyinglide

• Give till it hurts!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Work hard, Play harder, Love Often
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 11:12:43 AM »
http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=6720.0
First off , welcome to the forum.

Second of all, Are you NUTZ?  Look at the video that Casey link to up there.....click on the link, scroll down and you'll see it. then make your decision . O:O
I was told to think outside the box, how did I get in the box in the first place?

Offline caffeine

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 02:00:29 PM »
Thanks for the link but I checked out this guys site:

http://www.scalptweezing.com/

and it seems he uses a hard wax and peels it off? Perhaps not as full on pain as the video!

Although from what I gather he was waxing to give himself the appearance of MPB, making it MPBBC I guess? And surely the same principle he uses for the top of his head can be used for the whole dome

Offline Casey Jones

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 02:20:01 PM »
Thanks for the link but I checked out this guys site:

http://www.scalptweezing.com/

and it seems he uses a hard wax and peels it off? Perhaps not as full on pain as the video!

Although from what I gather he was waxing to give himself the appearance of MPB, making it MPBBC I guess? And surely the same principle he uses for the top of his head can be used for the whole dome

Woah this guy is straight up insane, I love it!
" I never said I didn't have syphilis/ Ms. Listless-- hard like the bricks I pound my fists with/ I mean, she's hard like the bricks/ That I pound with my fists."

BALDANDRE

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 02:30:21 PM »

Woah this guy is straight up insane, I love it!

Yup...Tom's been around for forever...

he's a true bald guy's guy..

he took BALD and ran with it..

wish I'd have the guts to go for the no shadow bald head like he's got..

very sweet! O0

Now the self induced MPB dudes..that's a whole 'nother breed! :o

Offline Casey Jones

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 02:47:44 PM »
Is shadow really that big of a deal?  Yeesh, he says maybe 10 words worth about pain on that site.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 02:53:24 PM »
Is shadow really that big of a deal?  Yeesh, he says maybe 10 words worth about pain on that site.

For me..I can live with it (the BBC shadow), but in real life I've seen some shadow free bald heads and they look AWESOME, so if I could be no shadow bald...

cool!

But I think there are quite a few MPB dudes that would love to erase the horseshoe shadow from their slick heads..

I think I would if I was MPB and it was real pronounced.

Offline slyinglide

• Give till it hurts!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Work hard, Play harder, Love Often
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 04:06:52 PM »
I think that guy has a serious problem and need professional help, that said I'll stick to the razor
I was told to think outside the box, how did I get in the box in the first place?

GASlick

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 07:12:58 PM »
I don't really like my shadow either, but there's not a lot you can do about it.  Short of waxing.  If it lasted like 6 months or something, I would consider it.  But not a week or two.

marty22

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 07:58:06 PM »
Tom Wiles is an ok guy; but the head tattoo brought here into the wacko zone. He made sense until that change.