Author Topic: I need to get in shape!  (Read 17681 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: I need to get in shape!
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 02:58:21 PM »
I think that's the biggest problem anyone has sticking to a workout and/or diet...willpower.

Absolutely.  That's always been my problem, and that is why I got the trainer after several failed attempts to do it on my own.  Shelling out the $$$ makes you want to at least get what you paid for, and I really need somebody to stand over me and make me do it.  I don't think I would have stuck with it otherwise.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 06:43:41 PM »
Would you guys want to have a weight-loss challenge here at Sly Bald Guys?  We could all set a goal to lose a specific amount of weight/inches.  We could all encourage each other and keep each other in check to make sure we're sticking with it.  What do you guys think?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 06:55:17 PM »
why the hell not? :D how do you propose we get it started? what is the time limit? what are the rest of the details?

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 06:58:36 PM »
Would you guys want to have a weight-loss challenge here at Sly Bald Guys?  We could all set a goal to lose a specific amount of weight/inches.  We could all encourage each other and keep each other in check to make sure we're sticking with it.  What do you guys think?
Sounds good.  Maybe expand it more for total fitness, not just weight loss.   :-\  Have certain cardio, core strength, weight lifting goals. ???
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 07:03:37 PM »
sounds good but what about the people that already have a huge headstart on others? cause i know some of the mma guys probably already have a pretty good routine. i for one don't and will be starting from scratch. whew....... i am winded already! ;D

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 07:09:52 PM »
Sounds good.  Maybe expand it more for total fitness, not just weight loss.   :-\  Have certain cardio, core strength, weight lifting goals. ???

Yeah, we can each make our own goals since everyone will be starting at different leves.  We could have different goals for each time frame. 

I just thought of this a little bit ago, so let me think of some more details.  If anyone has any suggestions, let us know.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 07:11:52 PM »
will do.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2006, 01:03:52 PM »
Great idea...I like it
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline josh

• j0$h
  • Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2006, 02:16:03 PM »
sounds great the more in shape I am the easier my life is in general

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2006, 12:51:02 PM »
I worked out last night also.  It felt good afterward, but it was hard to get my butt over there.

Tyler, Amen Brother!!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Lex Luethor

• Sly Jr.
  • This *is* my happy face.
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2006, 07:36:25 PM »
Goals? OK... My goal is to sleep with three new women before February 1.

Or were we talking about fitness goals only?

Offline thugbear

• Sly Guy in Training
    • myspace page
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2006, 10:03:33 AM »
oh I'm in lets see my goal is to get back to my highschool weight lol I was still round and perkybut at least those days I fint into an XL shirt  :-[ after those days it was between XL and XXL and after I stopped going to the gym its now XXL-XXXL but I've been walking and jogging (when I can lol) at the park since august and lost a bit but still way more to loose  ::)
when all of your wishes are granted many of your dreams will be destroyed:marilyn manson

http://www.myspace.com/rockrcub

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2006, 10:06:44 AM »
oh I'm in lets see my goal is to get back to my highschool weight lol I was still round and perkybut at least those days I fint into an XL shirt  :-[ after those days it was between XL and XXL and after I stopped going to the gym its now XXL-XXXL but I've been walking and jogging (when I can lol) at the park since august and lost a bit but still way more to loose  ::)
The best way to do it is small steps of progress.  If it comes off fast it's likely to come back fast, too.  Stay it there, Thugbear.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2006, 10:25:54 AM »
I echo what AR3 said.  Hang in there!  If there's any motivation we can give you, just let us know.

Offline thugbear

• Sly Guy in Training
    • myspace page
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2006, 01:55:40 PM »
just knowing I can come on here and chat about it gives me plenty of motivation to continue my slow but steady progress
when all of your wishes are granted many of your dreams will be destroyed:marilyn manson

http://www.myspace.com/rockrcub

Enter your email address: