Author Topic: I need to get in shape!  (Read 17685 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
I need to get in shape!
« on: September 01, 2006, 11:22:46 AM »
I worked out the other day and I realized how long it had been!  WAY TOO LONG!  I'm so sore and I did a light workout.  Time to get back into a more regular schedule.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline MississippiRed

• Sly Jr.
Re: I need to get in shape!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 12:47:26 PM »
Tyler .....man you and me both.....Hey let me know when you want to work out...we can do some Muay Thai work and grappling...Plus I need somebody to hold pads for me I'm tired of knocking Osiris and Omar out.........anytime in the evening I'm ready.....

In the last couple years I've gotten way out of shape..I used to do all kinds of stuff man but lately I've been lazy as hell.....I'm working my way back into it though.....so hopefully in the next few months I'll be up and going full steam ....

Red

gearhedguy

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 10:08:54 PM »
Yeah dudes, keep working out! Don't want to grow old AND out of shape! With age comes ailments and the best way to ward them off is by staying active. I've been working out steadily for over 20+ years. I don't only do it for the visual reasons, it is also very stimulating to your brain and mood. If I go without doing something physical for more than 3 days, I begin to get cranky.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 05:18:03 PM »
I have a shape...my belly is round
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 06:03:44 PM »
LOL!

I have the body of a God....Buddha!!!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 06:07:15 PM »
Yes sir...LOL!!!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Lex Luethor

• Sly Jr.
  • This *is* my happy face.
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 12:29:25 PM »
I workout regularly. I'd like to say it's because I wanted to get healthy or even that I wanted to be more attractive to women, but the truth of it is: my gym is full of very fit, attractive women in spandex. Anytime I'm thinking about blowing-off my workout I just have to think about Heidi the aerobics instructor and suddenly I have all the motivation I need to get my ass to the gym.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 01:56:41 PM »
That's a very good motivation

Offline Baldego

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 06:50:33 PM »
YES The Shape i am in is ......... Fat Body ala mode ... not to bad but not to good...... still damn sexy !!! lol :D

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 02:46:35 PM »
round is a shape. lol   i am with ya tyler. my son has been on my butt to start working out with him, but i always seem to find an excuse. maybe one of these days. :D

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 11:07:28 AM »
eh talked me into working out last night. way too much eating+ working out when you are outta shape = sore as hell today. owell maybe if i workout tonite it will get better.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2006, 11:36:21 AM »
I worked out last night also.  It felt good afterward, but it was hard to get my butt over there.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 12:46:34 PM »
I was unhappy with my thinning hair for so long, that I thought I'd feel more confident after I shaved my head.  But once I'd done it and the novelty wore off, I was still dissatisfied with my appearance.  That's when I finally had to admit that the real problem had nothing to do with my hair loss but with the weight that I had put on.

I'd been a couch potato all my life, but I forced myself to join a gym.  I also hired a personal trainer to work out with 3 times a week.  It was expensive, but it forced me to go to the gym and get my money's worth, and he also pushed me a lot harder than I would ever have pushed myself.  I slimmed down and gained some muscle and I look and feel a lot better now.  I'm still struggling to lose a few extra pounds around my waist and I hope to meet my goal by springtime.

Hiring the trainer was one of the best things I've ever done for myself and I strongly recommend it for anyone who wants to get back into shape.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 01:01:43 PM »
welcome first razor. i really can't afford a trainer so i will have to stick with willpower. i found some pictures when i was rodeoing( at about 175, up to 225 now) i really want to get back to that size, then put some muscle back on. i have half-heartedly started already, but i am getting used to the idea and wanting to do more. we'll see how it goes. my son is a good motivation so far.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 02:07:38 PM »
I think that's the biggest problem anyone has sticking to a workout and/or diet...willpower. My wife recently joined Weight Watchers, so I'm watching what I eat now too. I have "unintentionally" lost about 6 pounds now. However I probably put it back on yesterday. The wife is doing well too, I'm just here for moral support though, makes it easier on her.

Enter your email address: