Author Topic: What made you go bald?  (Read 287210 times)

Offline AdamsvilleAce

• Sly Jr.
    • JD's Myspace
Re: What made you go bald?
« Reply #135 on: November 07, 2007, 10:44:31 AM »
I needed something that was different and that would define me as an individual. Not to mention I got skin fades from 7th grade til my sophomore year in high school. I decided that I wanted to take the hair off and keep it off and for 13 years(excludiong 3 instances where I was required to grow my hair) I have been loyal to the way of Sly.
BALDIES!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody ain't able!!!!!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/users_112/563880/samp0f2d16106fd3e898.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2007, 01:25:26 PM »
I needed something that was different and that would define me as an individual. Not to mention I got skin fades from 7th grade til my sophomore year in high school. I decided that I wanted to take the hair off and keep it off and for 13 years(excludiong 3 instances where I was required to grow my hair) I have been loyal to the way of Sly.

That's awesome Ace!

Lookin' sharp in your tux  O0
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PORKY

• Super Sly
    • http://mypage.com/PORKMIEZTER
« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2007, 01:57:44 AM »
WELL. I've always been a BIG guy and a biker to boot. About 6years ago my hair was pony tailed to about the middle of my back , i went on a charity run for locks of love and when we got back , i donated all of it , and never looked back . But to be honest , my hair was always baby fine and real silky so even with a full head you could still see my scalp, so the decision was easy and the donation made it that much easier ! 8) 
I'm a BIG cigar smokin,bike ridin,truck muddin,bald headed ,long bearded,tattoo'd, no sh*t takin, Southern bred, Tequila drinkin SUMANA BYTCH

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2007, 02:09:18 AM »
WELL. I've always been a BIG guy and a biker to boot. About 6years ago my hair was pony tailed to about the middle of my back , i went on a charity run for locks of love and when we got back , i donated all of it , and never looked back . But to be honest , my hair was always baby fine and real silky so even with a full head you could still see my scalp, so the decision was easy and the donation made it that much easier ! 8) 

That's a great way to become Sly!  Welcome to Sly Bald Guys!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline froze

• Sly
« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2007, 11:51:40 AM »
My hair was short for a lot of years and then that fatefull day when my Fusion razor turned on by itself and my hand went to my head and a few minutes later no hair!!!
Just a whim!But love it!

Offline Bald_Okie

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2007, 01:42:41 PM »
In the summer of 2001 I was 36 and my friend asked me to help chaperone teenagers on a mission trip to Colorado Springs. They have a large population of homeless. My friend had work planned in the mornings and outdoor activities planned for the afternoons. A all-expense paid trip to the Rockies sounded like a good deal so I agreed.

The Friday before we left I went to get a haircut. I went to my regular barber shop and sat in the chair of my favorite barber. She was a beautiful woman from Russia.  ^-^ She didn't have a great command of the English language, but no one seemed to mind. I told her I was going to Colorado and I was going to hiking, spelunking and river rafting and I did not want a lot of hair to mess with.

Before I knew what was happening she had taken the clippers with a #1 guard and shaved right up the middle of my head from nape to forehead. I was so pissed  :Xo! but what could I do. I let her finish up and tipped her handsomely. I couldn't believe all my beautiful blond hair was gone!

On the drive home I calmed down and decided no one in Colorado knew me so what was the big deal? It's only hair, it grows  back. By the second day we were there I was in love with the bald head :@`. No combing, no brushing, no product - talk about wash-and-wear!

That was 6 1/2 years ago. About 1 year ago I decided to shave down to the skin. I can't imagine ever going back. HAIR IS FOR SUCKERS!!!  O0

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2007, 04:16:06 PM »
Okie, that is an amazingly cool story.  Maybe we need a new category called BBA - Bald By Accident.  Welcome to the Sly site.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2007, 07:07:02 PM »
Great story, BaldOkie.  I wish I would have had that lady a couple of years ago.  Would have really help speed up my journey to SLYness.   Welcome. O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2007, 09:30:07 PM »
okie....that was a gr8 story.  thanks 4 sharing.  nothing like a smooooth dome. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2007, 09:33:37 PM »
okie...i 4 got 2 welcome u.  welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  glad that ya found us.  post up in the INTRODUCTION section of the forum so that we can give u a proper welcome.  what a way 2 go sly. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline bonanza50

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2008, 09:19:58 AM »
I shaved for stylistic appearance. I keep it at least through the summer to see if I pull more chicks.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2008, 09:27:11 AM »
What made me go bald....??  Well I have a wife and three kids.....what do you think??

Offline Spleener

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #147 on: February 09, 2008, 04:02:47 PM »
From about the age of 25 on, I kept my hair pretty short on top because it was starting to thin. By the time I hit 35, I felt like almost anything I did was starting to look like a combover. My 17-year-old son decided he wanted to buzz his head at home, and we got a pair of clippers and buzzed our hair together. He moved on to another style a few months later, but I stuck with it. It looked better and was easier to care for. A few years later someone referred to it as my trademark look, although I had never really thought about it that way.

I gradually worked my way down the guards as the hair on top continued to thin. I went down to a #1 about six months ago, and to no guard last week. I finally went sly this morning...very glad I did. I guess sly is my trademark look now!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com" target="blank"> [img width= height=]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080210/sampa9ce80c0d1455181.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline KollegeKreed

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #148 on: February 10, 2008, 09:28:07 PM »
When I wasin my early teens I became absolutely obsessed with the idea of not having any hair up there. I was so envious of other guys my age and a little older who had little to no hair...so when I was 16 I got a #1 buzz and much to everyone in the world's surprise that night I shaved it smooth...and I was absolutely petrified to leave the house for about a week. haha. But the next summer I went back to it and kept a buzz--> bald for my entire senior year of high school and first 2 years of college. It then occurred to me that I should do SOMETHING with my hair before I lose it...So I did the short sides and gelled bumper thing. About a year ago I really was able to start noticing the thinning, especially in the light, so I made the concious decision to start buzzing down again and for the last few months did a no guard and more recently a triple 000 buzz. This last week I shaved for the first time in three years and I really don't forsee growing any long length of hair back besides maybe up to a #1...the thinning is just too evident.

Incidentally, the baldness gene mentioned many times in this thread comes from our MOMS...isn't that funny?

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2008, 04:49:37 AM »
Nature, 2 ex wives, and a Fusion razor........
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields