Author Topic: What made you go bald?  (Read 287482 times)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: What made you go bald?
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2007, 11:27:15 AM »
It Was To Hot Offshore Last Week!!! Plus I Was Plannin On Doin It Anyway!! :D

YEAH right. you just wanted to be like me.  >:D

Poor guy :/O
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

BigJimW

« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2007, 04:04:03 PM »
What made me go bald. Easy. My hands.  :)

I was tired of the thining, graying mop that was on my head. The turning point for me was last month, when a woman where I worked guessed my age at being mid 50's.

I'm only 43.

Needless to say, it came off a few weeks later. And she loves it (and now tells me I do look my age).  ^-^

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2007, 04:20:49 PM »
The turning point for me was last month, when a woman where I worked guessed my age at being mid 50's.

Ouch!  At least that comment gave you the push to make a change.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2007, 05:01:51 PM »
 :/OThe futility and dishonesty of trying to preserve an illusion that had long since run its course. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2007, 05:43:06 PM »
The old MPB horseshoe.

Offline jaslewis631

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2007, 09:38:36 AM »
My hair stopped growing so I think i look better bald now.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2007, 02:27:08 PM »
Genetics, curse them. All the men on my fathers side is bald.
All the men on my mothers has had a full head of thick glorious hair until their death.

... curse them

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2007, 06:00:40 AM »
Picture it. Grown men in their 20's and 30's spending 200 dollars at a hair salon getting the latest emo combover cut or faux hawk. Buying expensive hairgels and spray to make their oh so pretty do's look even prettier.

Well truth be told ,this made me sick. And to show my disgust for what hairs control over men that 10 years ago were unlikely to even see the end of a pair of barbers schears do just a decade later made me want to shave my head. So I did.  Just didnt expect on how great it would make me feel and how empowered I felt. It became an addictive feeling to the point where I cannot leave the house without a perfectly slick smooth head. I have a full head of coarse black hair and I am constantly battling my shadow but I have been getting some good advice here in the Sly forum which will help tremendously.

Shine on my bald brothers.Por Vida

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2007, 04:10:50 PM »
I agree-slick makes us look a lot younger.  I shaved just because I always wanted to be a cueball and for that great bald feeling!(and of course, it's just plain comfortable...)

BALDANDRE

« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2007, 04:28:35 PM »
I shaved just because I always wanted to be a cueball and for that great bald feeling!(and of course, it's just plain comfortable...)

Cueball, gotta love that term... but I guess that's what we are all ! ;)

Offline lloyddailey2000

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2007, 02:02:49 PM »
well, mother nature took care of my hair back in 1969 and by the time i was 25 i was completely bald. i guess it wasnt the style back then, but it wasnt my choice, but after a while i came to terms i wasnt going to do anything about it, so i was just like the song that charley rich sang, i just went with the flow.

Offline Oto

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2007, 07:43:28 AM »
I have a full head of hair but got addicted to the sly look...
for years I had the wish to shave my head completely smooth until I did it 5 years ago... let it grow again but in early 2006 I shaved it again and since then I'm keeping it... only during winter I let it grow a little.
I don't shave everyday (in fact I don't even shave my beard everyday) because I'm lazy and also I like very much the process to let it grow a little, shave completerly smooth,let it grow a little again... re-shave it... that's real fun. Love to rub my bald scalp when I'm done.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 10:52:09 AM by Oto »

Offline baldbutcher

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2007, 08:25:16 PM »
Cancer  :'(

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2007, 10:54:53 PM »
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2007, 09:30:07 PM »
I feel the same way, i can leave the house unless i have a totally slick dome as well. i have an uncle in germany that has 6 tupees, and several of my cousins get combover cuts and some have faux hawks.
When i was in Athens in 2004, one of my cousins spent 150 euros on a combover cut, my cousins were making fun of me because i was shaving my head on a daily basis, i started shaving my head in the early summer, i was in Athens in August of 2004

Picture it. Grown men in their 20's and 30's spending 200 dollars at a hair salon getting the latest emo combover cut or faux hawk. Buying expensive hairgels and spray to make their oh so pretty do's look even prettier.

Well truth be told ,this made me sick. And to show my disgust for what hairs control over men that 10 years ago were unlikely to even see the end of a pair of barbers schears do just a decade later made me want to shave my head. So I did.  Just didnt expect on how great it would make me feel and how empowered I felt. It became an addictive feeling to the point where I cannot leave the house without a perfectly slick smooth head. I have a full head of coarse black hair and I am constantly battling my shadow but I have been getting some good advice here in the Sly forum which will help tremendously.

Shine on my bald brothers.Por Vida