Author Topic: What made you go bald?  (Read 287324 times)

Offline slane

• Sly Jr.
Re: What made you go bald?
« Reply #375 on: September 26, 2012, 11:53:19 PM »
I mentioned my reason in my intro post, however now that I'm past my 30 days I feel entitled to putting it into words again.

I'm an all or nothing sort of dude, and when I discovered that I could no longer grow my hair as long as I wanted it to be, I went the opposite route.  I'd MUCH rather be bald than trying to be a longhair and failing miserably.  So CHEERS to everyone BBC and loving the lifestyle!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #376 on: September 27, 2012, 03:34:50 AM »
And what keeps me bald?  The great feeling of running my hand over my naked scalp.  The great feeling of keeping my scalp naked and clean - it really does feel better and I don't feel clean if I don't shave every day.  This site also helps a lot!

Amen!  I totally agree. 

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #377 on: September 27, 2012, 03:35:52 AM »
So CHEERS to everyone BBC and loving the lifestyle!

thank you, sir. I'm totally with you.  BBC and loving it.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #378 on: September 27, 2012, 04:29:42 AM »
Great to realize the situation, embrace it, and take corrective action without regrets! A lesson many would benefit from understanding.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Scottakist

• Sly Jr.
  • Permanent Color Technician
    • Permanent Color Technicians
« Reply #379 on: October 28, 2012, 01:44:31 PM »
well said ^^^^
 I until recently had a full head of long hair often longer than most women.
however i had what i believe is "widows peak"??
 Wanted to deal with this on my own terms rather than "holding on"
  i must be on of the lucky ones who does not get razor burn
for I used my braun shaver to shave my head down but decided to try the atx
so im getting the hang of it..
 I have a weird shaped dome so If i could  deal with that
anyone on the fence should just do it.

If your not having fun... Your doing it wrong.

Offline ZachM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #380 on: October 28, 2012, 03:31:16 PM »
I honestly do not know why my hair started thinning out on me, no one else in my family has this problem.  I buzzed it with clippers and no guard for a while every 2 weeks, but found that after a week it looked pretty bad as I have one spot on the top of my head that is still full and a spot right behind it where almost no hair grows.  I like being bald now.

theman

« Reply #381 on: October 28, 2012, 04:12:46 PM »
 ;) To much bumpen on the headboard .  I could only wish. gentic's , and stress.  8)  But if I did have a full head of hair , would have to shave it . 

Offline Ray Ray

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #382 on: November 08, 2012, 09:17:32 AM »
Its really interesting reading about all of the reasons that the you guys have shaved your hair

Around march time, i woke up with my hair on the pillow so i shaved the rest of the bits down and went doctors and they told me i had alopecia, so i kept using the clippers but the patches on my head could still be seen so at 2 in the morning in august i decided the hell with it and used the mac 3 on my head. Lots of people have said i look much better with no hair then i did with hair. :D

theman

« Reply #383 on: November 08, 2012, 10:46:45 AM »
Yes RAY RAY, you do have a good scull cap for it.  Keep it up and enjoy being SLY ! 8)

theman

« Reply #384 on: November 08, 2012, 11:33:35 AM »
"Learning How to Post a Picture on a Forum" !!!!!!!! :o :*))

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #385 on: November 16, 2012, 06:14:35 AM »
As I have posted elsewhere on this site, I have had fairly short hair most of my life. In my teens I joined the Air Training Corps & then moved on to the Army Cadets & then Army Reserves (Territorial Army) & the regular army for a spell. Always had short hair during that time but never what I would call BALD. One summer, not too long ago, I went to my barbers for my regular summer cut (usually a #2 back-and-sides & #3 on top). When I sat in the barber's seat, my barber asked me if I would like to have my hair real short since it was so warm & I wouldn't have to go back for a haircut every 2-3 weeks that I had been doing. I agreed that a shorter than my normal haircut would be good change. The next thing I was caped up, the barber took the guard off the clippers & reduced my hair to microscopic stubble. He asked me to feel it. It felt like suede. Then he said to me; "Shorter?". I said yes. He took another clipper - a #00000 blade Oster & shaved my head. Now I couldn't see any hair...I looked bald but he asked me to feel my head.....weird.... I could still feel stubble, although I couldn't "see" it! He asked if I was ready for the next step.... with a gulp in my throat..... I said yes. Next he applied a lotion & then a hot towel to my head... Wow!! Next he took of the towel & applied warm lather.....Wow,again! Next came the straight edge razor & the head was scraped smooth..... Amazing experience........The rest, as they say, is history. BALD is BEST.
BaldBill

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #386 on: November 16, 2012, 06:26:00 AM »
Bilko, that's a great story.

What an awesome introduction to "Bald" ... and your barber clearly had the confidence you'd realize how terrific it worked for you.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #387 on: November 16, 2012, 05:59:06 PM »
I like what you said Bilko - Bald is Best!  :)
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline MMArob

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #388 on: November 16, 2012, 09:59:56 PM »
Why I will go bald is simple.
First it's because I shower 4 times a day when I train for competition, which makes longer hair (didn't cut it for 1,5 years until 2 weeks) useless, second I'd like to know how it feels.

Even right now with 6mm it feels nice to just wipe the towel one time after showering and move on, without having to stand there for 10 minutes to air dry it, so I can only imagine how quick it'll be without any hair! :D

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #389 on: November 17, 2012, 10:26:38 PM »
Thanks for the comments, guys.

MMArob: My advice to you is if your hair is only 6mm then your hair would be easy to shave off. Get the clipper out, no guard on and buzz that hair off. Then get that head shaved smooth, man. It feels great in the shower & takes seconds to dry-off.
Go for it, mate. Post some pics of before & after if poss so we guys can see what you lokk like, please.
BaldBill

Enter your email address: