Author Topic: What made you go bald?  (Read 287416 times)

Andrei

Re: What made you go bald?
« Reply #360 on: July 30, 2012, 02:41:49 AM »
I like the bald look, so that's my main reason, but there are others too: i disliked my previous haircuts, wanted to try something different.
And yes, I did find here the support needed to take the plunge.

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #361 on: July 30, 2012, 03:48:09 AM »
@Andrei

You certainly made the right choice.  I think the Sly look suits you very much.
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #362 on: July 30, 2012, 11:13:36 AM »
I like the bald look, so that's my main reason, but there are others too: i disliked my previous haircuts, wanted to try something different.
And yes, I did find here the support needed to take the plunge.

Think curiosity and the appeal of the bald look attract many to getting the razor and experimenting. But that's just my opinion.

Guess that mainly explains why I've ended up with the sly look. And like you, this forum motivated me.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #363 on: August 04, 2012, 12:19:09 PM »
Me! I made myself go BBC and I can honestly say I would never grow my hair again. I absolutely hate having hair. The bald look is so damn cool. I really don't get why people get so upset (sometimes depressed) about there hair falling out. Well I do because we're all different and different things affect different people. I wish my hair would fall out lol. I hate hair. I'm antihair lol

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #364 on: August 04, 2012, 12:20:54 PM »
Found these pictures of me with some hair....makes me feel better about going sly! (I guess on the Norwood scale I would be about a 4 now...)Most of these were taken when I had to grow hair out after two scalp surgeries.

Harry, you look so so so much better bald.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #365 on: August 04, 2012, 12:25:36 PM »
Found these pictures of me with some hair....makes me feel better about going sly! (I guess on the Norwood scale I would be about a 4 now...)Most of these were taken when I had to grow hair out after two scalp surgeries.

Harry, you look so so so much better bald.

Thanks, Mark!....Hey, you look pretty cool yourself, especially with the light facial hair showing.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #366 on: August 04, 2012, 12:49:07 PM »
Thanks mate!

Andrei

« Reply #367 on: August 05, 2012, 12:27:37 AM »
Me! I made myself go BBC and I can honestly say I would never grow my hair again. I absolutely hate having hair. The bald look is so damn cool. I really don't get why people get so upset (sometimes depressed) about there hair falling out. Well I do because we're all different and different things affect different people. I wish my hair would fall out lol. I hate hair. I'm antihair lol

Best choice Mark, looks awesome the bald look on you;
Cheers to that!

Offline wonderer

• Super Sly
« Reply #368 on: August 05, 2012, 01:42:18 AM »
Shaving gel and sharp  shaving razor  >:D (KIDS DON'T DO IT AT HOME ) kidding man Nature made me go bald(and my own hand and razor  :x!   )- to be honest that was rude but now i am striking back by emitting CO2 in the atmosphere  :*)) .... no I  love the mother nature in fact my hobby is aquascaping -creating biotope aquariums (Mainly Amazon river soft water aquariums)

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #369 on: August 05, 2012, 08:06:18 AM »
BBCMark I will have to agree with you I also HATE hair.  I really don't mind shaving everyday, but sometimes I wish I was totally smooth all the time.  On another note you are quite handsome  :)

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #370 on: August 06, 2012, 05:11:52 AM »
Hey there Mark

You are looking good in your profile pic.  That tall, ice cold beer looks so nice!
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #371 on: August 06, 2012, 09:54:09 AM »
Cheers guys! About to go for a head shave now, EXCITING!!

Offline BBC56

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #372 on: September 01, 2012, 02:28:07 AM »
Two things made me go bald.
First, I have always found the totally bald look compelling - I think everyone on this site looks awesome and I have felt this way since my early teens (when there were very, very few guys completely bald - maybe Yul Brynner and Telly Savalas and that was about it!).   It just took me a long time to work up the nerve to even try it.  You are all an inspiration to me.
Second, my hair.  It is wavy and hard to keep cut so that it looks well groomed.  I had the worst case of "bed head" every morning.  Whenever it got humid, the stupid stuff would curl.  Whenever the humidity fell, it got limp.  And I live a busy lifestyle, so who has time to sit and wait at the barber shop or make and keep an appointment with a stylist. 
So finally one day I worked up the courage to take it all off.  I had tried crew cuts of various types, but in the early '90's all the barbers who knew how to do a good flat top or buzz cut were retiring.  I had grown it out again and the same problems were the still problems.  I grabbed clippers and sheared myself down to stubble and shaved it.  And loved it.
But I didn't know about the 30 day challenge.  I would make it two weeks and the let it grow out again, at least into a buzz cut or flat top (I learned to do them myself and make them look good).  I shaved for two weeks every summer but never went the whole 30 days.  Finally I just stuck it out and made it to 30 days (and I hadn't found this site yet, but I knew the truth of the 30 day challenge when I did find the site!).
And what keeps me bald?  The great feeling of running my hand over my naked scalp.  The great feeling of keeping my scalp naked and clean - it really does feel better and I don't feel clean if I don't shave every day.  This site also helps a lot!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #373 on: September 01, 2012, 02:55:13 AM »
Two things made me go bald.
First, I have always found the totally bald look compelling - I think everyone on this site looks awesome and I have felt this way since my early teens (when there were very, very few guys completely bald - maybe Yul Brynner and Telly Savalas and that was about it!).   It just took me a long time to work up the nerve to even try it.  You are all an inspiration to me.
Second, my hair.  It is wavy and hard to keep cut so that it looks well groomed.  I had the worst case of "bed head" every morning.  Whenever it got humid, the stupid stuff would curl.  Whenever the humidity fell, it got limp.  And I live a busy lifestyle, so who has time to sit and wait at the barber shop or make and keep an appointment with a stylist. 
So finally one day I worked up the courage to take it all off.  I had tried crew cuts of various types, but in the early '90's all the barbers who knew how to do a good flat top or buzz cut were retiring.  I had grown it out again and the same problems were the still problems.  I grabbed clippers and sheared myself down to stubble and shaved it.  And loved it.
But I didn't know about the 30 day challenge.  I would make it two weeks and the let it grow out again, at least into a buzz cut or flat top (I learned to do them myself and make them look good).  I shaved for two weeks every summer but never went the whole 30 days.  Finally I just stuck it out and made it to 30 days (and I hadn't found this site yet, but I knew the truth of the 30 day challenge when I did find the site!).
And what keeps me bald?  The great feeling of running my hand over my naked scalp.  The great feeling of keeping my scalp naked and clean - it really does feel better and I don't feel clean if I don't shave every day.  This site also helps a lot!
Nice Story, BBC 56 thanks for sharing....Nice handlebar/goatee combination too.....might be time to change up my facial fur a little...maybe.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline BBC56

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #374 on: September 01, 2012, 03:18:38 AM »
Thanks!  Go for it!  I would find your natural hair texture a challenge but you have had it all your life and probably know how to deal with it.  All I know is that when my hair got curly it made me crazy.  If it had been straight all the time or wavy all the time I could have coped; it was not knowing what the weather would do to my hair any particular day that drove me over the edge . . .  LOL!