Author Topic: What made you go bald?  (Read 287365 times)

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
Re: What made you go bald?
« Reply #330 on: January 07, 2012, 03:45:28 PM »
I would def call mine bald, not bad, genetics.  Premature late teens, early 20's, much denial (while my older brother still has full head of hair).  Then I bought stock in Gilette Razors  ;D.  As the late Paul Harvey used to comment, "And now ... you know the rest of the story ... Good SBG Day ! "

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #331 on: January 23, 2012, 06:24:02 PM »
Het Tyler,

It was the same for me except for the hunting trip. I have been sly for 3 plus years and love the look.

No more bad hair days for me.

Thanks for sharing.

;) ;) ;)

Offline LAGLE

• Proud To Be Bald By Choice (BBC)
  • Sly
  • Hooah
    • Army Blog
« Reply #332 on: January 23, 2012, 08:23:27 PM »
I always thought it looked BADASS!

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #333 on: February 26, 2012, 04:52:50 PM »
For me, I just like wandering around the busy streets of London carrying my sly look. And cycling along the streets with the wind in my hair... sorry... wind whistling around my head.

The other day, I was in the supermarket running an errand for a friend who wanted me to get some shampoo for them. Shampoo for hair, I thought ? "Computer says no!".

So I'm in the haircare aisle, choosing the right shampoo. Noticed a puzzled fellow shopper next to me. I turned around and said jokingly "Do I look like I need shampoo ?!?". How we laughed.

Little bald stories just add to your day.  :)

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #334 on: March 09, 2012, 09:58:23 AM »
I probably dreaded  it as a much younger man  but  really fancied so  just did it  its  a good  look tidy and clean

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #335 on: March 09, 2012, 11:25:53 AM »
I probably dreaded  it as a much younger man  but  really fancied so  just did it  its  a good  look tidy and clean

If I'm honest, always been curious about shaving my head clean. But never had to the nerve.

For years, had worn a skinhead (buzzcut) which got shorter and shorter. For the last few months, was clipping unguarded. Saw the forum and liked the idea of the 30 day trial. Been pleased with the way I've taken to the bald look so quickly.

I've been shaving clean now for 5 weeks. Just can't imagine growing hair. When I get up in the morning, look forward to shaving away the stubble. Being bald feels so normal now. It's just me.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #336 on: March 09, 2012, 03:52:48 PM »
Yeah same here mr jules I was A skinhead still got the boots and uniform and likewise look foreward to doing it

Offline ZerroDefex

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #337 on: March 18, 2012, 02:47:21 PM »
MY hairline started receding in my mid-20s and began to accelerate rapidly as closed in on 30. I was going to shave it all off on Jan 1st, 2012 as part of a new years thing but chickened out.

A couple months later I was at a professional society dinner and saw this guy who had to be close to my age but also had thinning hair. His hair was just a bit longer than my own (down to my shoulders), same color, he also wore glasses, but had no beard. What was weird about it was that so many times I had looked at my own hairline in the mirror and just went "it doesn't look that bad, it's just the way it is." But I looked at this guy and thought to myself "what the heck is he doing, he needs to just shave it all off" and then I realized what a hypocrite I was and that the way I saw this guy was most certainly the way others see me.

Two weeks later (last week) I worked the courage, bought a set of clippers on my way home from work and locked myself in the bathroom until I was done. Chopped everything off, buzzed it down, then grabbed my fusion razor and took it all the way down to the skin.

The new bald look has grown on me though I don't find it to be that much less maintenance than my hair was. I only cut my hair 3-4 times a year and the time I don't spend shampooing and conditioning it now gets eaten up by the time needed to shave my head every morning (turns out my hair grows only a bit slower than my beard.) On the other hand I never have to worry about hat head anymore plus my hats are purely for style now as there is nothing hidden beneath.

Offline bttj1089

• Learning the way of Sly
  • Bald since May 7th 2010
« Reply #338 on: April 08, 2012, 11:38:30 PM »
My hair started thinning when I was about 16-17 years old. By the time I was 20, it looked terrible. I had tried all the shampoos and medicated drops like Rogaine and stuff, but nothing really worked. I finally just decided I would shave it all off and I've felt great ever since. After a couple weeks of getting used to it, I stopped even thinking about being bald, and that was a big problem on my mind up until then. I could not glance into a mirror without worrying about my hair. I really do feel free now, going on 2 years.
Pretending that we live doesn't make us alive.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #339 on: April 10, 2012, 03:38:33 PM »

A couple months later I was at a professional society dinner and saw this guy who had to be close to my age but also had thinning hair. His hair was just a bit longer than my own (down to my shoulders), same color, he also wore glasses, but had no beard. What was weird about it was that so many times I had looked at my own hairline in the mirror and just went "it doesn't look that bad, it's just the way it is." But I looked at this guy and thought to myself "what the heck is he doing, he needs to just shave it all off" and then I realized what a hypocrite I was and that the way I saw this guy was most certainly the way others see me.

A come-to-Jesus moment.  We've all had those.   ;)

Offline Reddas

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #340 on: April 26, 2012, 03:03:50 PM »
I noticed that my crown was thinning, when I was 18 years old by taking a picture with my new camera.
At first, I couldn't really believe it, so I was in some denial.
The following months my hairloss got worse.
My hairline serverely receded an awful lot, and my crown got a lot of thinner.
I then decided to go for the buzz-cut, which was alright for some months. People didn't notice my hair-loss.

By the end of the year I chose to shave my hair, since I by this time had a baldspot and my hairline looked ridicilous.
My hairloss was quite hardcore...!!

So yeah, it's really my only option for a "hair-style".  :*)) And I'm 20 years old now.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 03:05:42 PM by Reddas »

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #341 on: May 03, 2012, 11:47:37 AM »
Now it is became fashion so no worry for this. So many people adapting that style.
Thanks for sharing.

The sly look seems pretty fashionable here in London, UK. Think I might grow my hair and look unfashionable. ;-)

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #342 on: May 03, 2012, 12:06:17 PM »
Just luv the sly look , yes icud grow my hair but choose not too

Offline palmerproject

• Sly
  • been shaving since 5-14-2012
« Reply #343 on: May 16, 2012, 11:45:37 AM »
i first shaved my head to support the wounded warrior project. i was really nerveous about this. i have always been kinda shy and iwould wear a hat everywhere i went to knida hide behind so when i went to go get my head shaved (part of the fundraiser was that it had to be done at a certain location with a straight razor) i decided not to bring a hat so it would force me to go out sly. after the shave i thought i would be really nervous to walk around (it was done at a mall) but i wassnt i felt really confident and just all around amazing. so i am now bald by choice from here on.
sly for life!!!

Offline balddoc

• Sly
  • Badass and bald to the bone.
« Reply #344 on: May 16, 2012, 05:14:44 PM »
I had tons of hair in high school. During my first year at university, I let it grow quite long. My friends attacked me one night with the clippers and I was alarmed at my receding hairline...
Fast-forward a few years...
Noticed severe thinning at my vertex. Obsessive mirror-observing followed. Friends and family told me it wasn't THAT bad and I wondered if I was overreacting. At my last haircut, the barber gave me a concerned look, put his hand on my shoulder and asked, "are you doing anything about your hairloss?"
I bought my HeadBlade the next day.
Mike