Author Topic: What made you go bald?  (Read 287149 times)

Offline Skillzdawg

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: What made you go bald?
« Reply #315 on: September 06, 2011, 05:49:33 AM »
here we go mate

:*))
IT IS JUST HAIR! don't let it, or the loss of it, ruin your life, your attitude, your self esteem, your luck with the ladies or anything else!!!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #316 on: September 06, 2011, 06:26:51 AM »
Skillzdawg, looks nice and tight.  Thanks for sharing with the guys. Looks like Freedom!

Offline Skillzdawg

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #317 on: September 06, 2011, 06:34:41 AM »
thnx man.
IT IS JUST HAIR! don't let it, or the loss of it, ruin your life, your attitude, your self esteem, your luck with the ladies or anything else!!!

Offline Krimson

• Sly
  • Things are not always what they seem to be
« Reply #318 on: November 20, 2011, 12:35:32 PM »
Last april i got a diagnosis of cancer and the doctors were deciding if i needed chemotherapy. Being already 75% bald
i decided to shaved it all off before it would fall  from treatment. Anyway, they caught the desease early, so no chemotherapy was needed but i still keep the dome to remind me everyday day how fragile life is and to embrace it .
I look sly also which is good. 8)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 01:28:00 PM by Krimson »

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #319 on: November 20, 2011, 12:44:15 PM »
uwm, good question.
here we go:
the fact that I've had alot of hair, and it was all curly. and some dandruff "problems" (thank fake god that stuff is gone)
and, I guess that I wanted to be diffrent. which I am :D
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #320 on: November 20, 2011, 01:54:35 PM »
Last april i got a diagnosis of cancer and the doctors were deciding if i needed chemotherapy. Being already 75% bald
i decided to shaved it all off before it would fall  from treatment. Anyway, they caught the desease early, so no chemotherapy was needed but i still keep the dome to remind me everyday day how fragile life is and to embrace it .

Good to hear you made out well with the cancer. I had a small melanoma removed a few years ago so far no recurrence. :)
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Ravenangel

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #321 on: November 26, 2011, 01:18:53 PM »

I am very deeply touched by this post. Reminding yourself every day how fragile life is, and to embrace it... this sentence is worth to think about.

Good that you did not need any chemo, but anyway, your words are worth to be considered.

Offline dthom726

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #322 on: November 26, 2011, 01:22:32 PM »
Was bald a year ago an let my hair grow back.  Did not like my hair so got #1, then shaved it smooth.  Totally bald by choice.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 01:25:34 PM by dthom726 »

Offline cvasara

• Super Sly
« Reply #323 on: November 26, 2011, 03:59:47 PM »
Lets see,  a wife, 2 kids, starting a business, divorce, on-going small business, another wife, her 3 kids, on-going business, divorce, another wife, (When am I gonna learn), her 4 kids are already grown, (Whew)  on-going business, employees, business taxes, personal taxes, group insurance for the employees, and wife.   In that order, and I'm sure there's more, but that should be enough.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan--40th President

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
« Reply #324 on: November 26, 2011, 04:04:38 PM »
dthom and a good choice it is O0

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #325 on: November 26, 2011, 04:28:24 PM »
Looking back three generations....dad surprisingly kept all of his hair, grandpa was crown bald and great-grandpa had male pattern baldness...so I guess it was hereditary, though oddly enough my brother still has all of his hair....In a way I am a victim of karma because as a kid I used to make fun of bald men, but as I got in my 20s I started having the receding hairline I watched a lot of Kojak reruns and thought how would I look with a shaved head.....for a while I just clippered it and then in 2008 (after many sleepless nights about my hair) I finally took the plunge (by then I was losing it on the crown as well) and at first it felt weird, but as time went on my family and friends got used to it, and I doubt if I grow my hair back for fear of looking like a "clown" (sorry Grandpa). My only issue is trying to set a pattern when to shave but with the help from this site it shouldn't be too hard...my 0.02
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 01:12:49 PM by sirharry12 »
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #326 on: December 16, 2011, 04:18:46 PM »
Hereditary, although it skipped my father and Grandfathers on both sides, my great grandfather was a cue ball though. My hairline has always been high but around 20 it started to recede more, then the thinning increased, and after repeated surgeries on my leg it really accelerated, I'm 22 now and have no other choice than to be sly (looking like a bozo with a horseshoe is not a choice). On another note, the surgeries made me allergic to alcohol... go figure

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #327 on: January 06, 2012, 10:37:27 AM »
. On another note, the surgeries made me allergic to alcohol... go figure
[/quote] Wow, not that I'm much of a drinker anyway, but that kinda sucks.....but when me and the guys go out, I'm usually the designated driver anyway....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Highguage

• We're all born bald
  • Sly Jr.
  • Love it smooth
« Reply #328 on: January 07, 2012, 07:53:50 AM »
When I was younger I had really long hair, it went down to mid back. At the age of 18 are started to notice that I had a receding hairline. I did not want to walk around looking like I was balding, therefore I decided to walk around bald. I first started shaving my head by using clippers, I then found Head blade about 3 years ago and i fell in love. My wife really likes the way my head looks. However deep down I think she would prefer that I had hair lol.
Bald is the new black!

Offline JasonSandeman

• Sly Guy in Training
    • The Well Done Chef
« Reply #329 on: January 07, 2012, 03:17:24 PM »
I would say its bad genetics. I started receding at 16. I went through a couple of years of denial, and then said screw it.
After much soak searching, and asking why - I remembered that every man my mother has ever been with has been bald.
Go figure.