Author Topic: What made you go bald?  (Read 287084 times)

Offline Ftank

• Sly Jr.
Re: What made you go bald?
« Reply #240 on: April 08, 2009, 09:36:58 AM »
I was getting tired of watching my hair recede without the power to change it.  MPB in an even pattern me made feel like my appearence was not kept clean.  I clean shaved head has changed that and I am starting to get used to the money I shave.  I also look forward to a clean head shave with my Mach 3 and headlube each morning.  It just feels like a great way to start the day.

Offline baldmancometh

• Sly Jr.
  • Inner game is amplified by a shiny head
« Reply #241 on: April 11, 2009, 12:45:32 AM »
Well I have no MPB as of yet, but I like to reinvent myself one in a while, and I have always liked the chrome dome look. Plus I'm a huge Patrick Stuart fan too. The other day I was in Wal-mart shopping, while buying razors I said to my self. "Hmmm. I wanna shave my head." I picked up the razors (Mach3 the only razors for me) and bought shave gel. My six year old daughter (I have full custody of my two children, Brodie 8, Mara Jade 6) over heard my comment and told me she didn't want me to shave it. I asked her why and her reply was. "Because I'm the woman of this house and I'm telling you that you aren't", That's almost word for word too. What'll I do when she's a teenager? lol. Went home and did the deed that night after putting the kids to bed. BTW Mara Jade loves my bald head now. And I think it makes me look tougher. I'm a small guy, I need that, lol.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Offline Cy

• Super Sly
« Reply #242 on: April 11, 2009, 04:51:42 PM »
After a 4 month break, I gotta say it's always nice not having hair. I'm buzzed now but can't wait to bust out the Fusion this week.

Offline boiler1bald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #243 on: April 21, 2009, 09:19:54 PM »
Thining...right down center....I hated the way it looked, so started keeping it short with clippers, over time I was using clippers without the guard on...made for a nice transition, so when I started shaving, most didn't even notice at first.

benmcd

« Reply #244 on: June 08, 2009, 09:49:39 AM »
For me I had always been curious to try the short buzz cut. I had relatively thick hair and I was keen to get rid of it. I had been travelling in Asia (Bangkok to be exact) and one day decided to walk into a barber shop and get it buzzed. When I told the girl that I wanted a 0 blade buzz she seemed a bit surprised but she had the job done in 5 minutes. I was pretty happy with the look but needed to shower to get the finer hairs out of my neck. It was at this point that I thought what is a milimeter of hair and proceeded to shave the remaining stubble off. It must have taken me 15 minutes to get the job done, now I can do it in 5.
It was no pressure as I was backpacking and no one knew me. I must admit saying two days after shaving that "I wanted my hair back", but I kept it sly for a few weeks and have basically kept it so since then 10 years ago. I love the look and feel of a smooth head so it has not been hard to maintain but I am currently curious to grow it out every few weeks to see how much MPB is showing through. This is a new development that has really started to show through quite noticeably in the past 6 months and I think it is a rapid progression. So there is my story.

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #245 on: June 11, 2009, 08:15:54 PM »
Well..It would be the fact the guys at work would laugh and remind me everyday that im losing my hair---plain and simple and of course hats helped but they knew what i was up too............. B@n%

marty22

« Reply #246 on: June 26, 2009, 03:51:26 PM »
Couldnt stand the semi-combover anymore.

Offline shavee

• my barber is one hell of a man!
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • my parents are iffy bout what goes on the internet
« Reply #247 on: June 28, 2009, 05:10:15 PM »
i just shaved my full head of hair bcause i felt like it
 O0
lose the hair, its i dessision i have never regreted. even if you grow it back, one will always wish to be a chrome dome again.

Offline G8

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #248 on: July 23, 2009, 04:19:29 PM »
Although I normally have a full head of hair, it was extremely grey in patches and was very hard to control.

I have a thick head of strong hair that grows at an unbelievable rate, and was impossible to tame and keep in any sort of style for more than 10 minutes.  I had been giving myself a buzz cut to a number 1 for the past year when finally last week after reading some posts on this forum decided to get rid of it once and for all.

The only problem is because my hair is so thick I'm seeing a shadow within about 4 hours of shaving it!  :Xo!

Nevertheless, so far I don't think I'll be growing it out again any time soon.  8)

Offline DCSlyOne

• Drives With The Top Down
  • Sly Jr.
  • At My Sunday Best
« Reply #249 on: September 12, 2009, 09:42:16 PM »
Had cool hair in school. Went into the Marines and hated how I looked shaved, but LOVED high and tight. 9 years after my first high and tight, I noticed it was creeping up.  1 time I shaved it bald, had 2nd thoughts, and wore a hat until it grew out. Then in May or so, I found this site and shaved it all off. Took me two days to leave the house. Finally did, got used to it, and don't even think twice now. I loved the shaved look, and am pretty sure I get more looks now then ever before.

--Josh

This is very close to the same story I have in my journey to slyness.  I  hated the way I looked when bald while I was in Army basic training, but got into the H&T and 'horseshoe' cuts, and kept it very short through most of my military career (I know I have old pics somewhere as proof). 

Around 1998, I spotted more and more sly guys out and about, and decided to at least give the shaved look a try.  If I didn't like it, it would grow back.  There is a very good barbershop in Arlington, VA, where I went to get my H&T tightened up weekly.  They also give straight razor head shaves. 

One day, I walked in, got in the chair of my favorite barber, and told him to 'shave it all off'.  He asked me three times, just to be sure that's what I wanted.  Each time, I said 'Yes'.  He broke out the clippers, took it down to the skin, and proceeded to lather my dome up for that first shave.

Awesome.  If you haven't been to a barber for a headshave, you are missing out.   True, you can shave more closely than they can, but the overall experience is worth it.

I have been shaved smooth for 11 years, and have no plans to grow it out anytime soon.
[img width= height= alt=ImageChef]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090912/purf3b33834440fda29.jpg[/img]

BALDANDRE

« Reply #250 on: September 12, 2009, 10:58:08 PM »
Everyone should have a slick bald head once in there lives...nothing like it...doesn't matter if you're truly BBC or MPB...the coolness is there in the final result...complete baldness! O0

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #251 on: September 13, 2009, 10:27:11 AM »
Everyone should have a slick bald head once in there lives...nothing like it...doesn't matter if you're truly BBC or MPB...the coolness is there in the final result...complete baldness! O0

So have you returned to the life of the Sly and the Brave???  If so, WELCOME back.  New avatar looks good. 

BALDANDRE

« Reply #252 on: September 13, 2009, 01:21:56 PM »

So have you returned to the life of the Sly and the Brave???  If so, WELCOME back.  New avatar looks good. 

Sorry sport..bro you think I wouldn't have my own "welcome back bald thread"..

just creative photocropping..like I tell you all...even with my horseshoe flattop..I'm pretty much still a bald headshaver!

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #253 on: September 13, 2009, 02:34:35 PM »
I was meant to be bald...my dad was balding with thin hair and my mom had very thin hair and a high forehead.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #254 on: December 17, 2009, 12:58:18 PM »
Halloween - - - -A week before Halloween I thought I wanted to be Telly or Mr. Clean - - -so I bought all the stuff to make me look BAld - - -The rubber cover and all of the glue and makeup  - -a week before Halloween I decided I would try  out my new look    - - -It took me 2 hours to put all that stuff on and it looked like HELL - - - -sooooo I shaved my head (a full thick head of grey hair)and I loved it  - -I looked younger - felt better about myself and all the BALD friends of mine thought it was great- - - - -I have always wanted to be bald  - -and that  was my chance - - -I love being BALD    My partner in life was not very happy - - - commented to me and other friends "Richard always wanted gray hair and now he has it  -and it's gone) But all the wives love to feel that bald dome   - - - - -and I like anyone to feel it - - I own a wine and  liquor store and there are alot of baldies that come in and we all rub heads   - - - -it sure is  fun being BALD   - - - -I am not about to change back - - -I am having toooo much fun - - -  - - - - - - - -