Author Topic: What made you go bald?  (Read 287569 times)

Offline JMMARICH

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: What made you go bald?
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2008, 12:46:28 AM »
Had cool hair in school. Went into the Marines and hated how I looked shaved, but LOVED high and tight. 9 years after my first high and tight, I noticed it was creeping up.  1 time I shaved it bald, had 2nd thoughts, and wore a hat until it grew out. Then in May or so, I found this site and shaved it all off. Took me two days to leave the house. Finally did, got used to it, and don't even think twice now. I loved the shaved look, and am pretty sure I get more looks now then ever before.

--Josh
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080402/samp9fd969381b4431af.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed height="0" width="0" src="http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/CIMP/Jmx*PTEyMD

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2008, 12:21:10 PM »
Mother Nature encouraged me but a razor made it so! O0
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline william

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #182 on: July 27, 2008, 05:45:39 PM »
This site!
I can still be the one, Im dreaming about and I dont need my hair to become him!

marty22

« Reply #183 on: July 27, 2008, 05:48:28 PM »
william-u have a great head for 0 hair!

Offline J Digory

• My head's like my bass playin': Smooth
  • Super Sly
« Reply #184 on: August 10, 2008, 05:19:25 PM »
The thinning got too much, so off it came.
It's like a bungee-jump - you spend so much time worrying about it, then when you get it over you wish you wonder what all the fuss was about - and you want to go again and again and again...
Yeah, I can relate to that...good way to put it, man.

Offline H.Andy

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #185 on: August 20, 2008, 04:01:12 AM »
I'm 16, I love being bald but it didn't happen to me
Last sumer, I shaved it off.When I look at me in mirror I feel so "coool" but  I have to let iy grow back because I have to go to high shool.
However, next sumer I will shave it again.
And, Who know what made may hair thiner and thiner still nothingto lose in my head pls tell me.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #186 on: August 20, 2008, 06:41:59 AM »
what made me go bald?  A razor

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
« Reply #187 on: August 20, 2008, 12:10:51 PM »
MPB and a terrible self image! 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline slyinglide

• Give till it hurts!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Work hard, Play harder, Love Often
« Reply #188 on: August 20, 2008, 02:31:56 PM »
I had serious hair in high school, was down to the middle of the back. My senior year I started to out grow my hair and I knew this by the skin poking out of the top of my head.  I kept cutting the hair shorter and shorter, then I joined the Army and the rest is history.

So early on set MPB and the need to have an easy way of keeping clean while out in the woods for weeks on end gave me the reason to go SLY
I was told to think outside the box, how did I get in the box in the first place?

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #189 on: August 20, 2008, 06:06:15 PM »
Mother Nature and the old Bald R Us web site....... :)

Offline H.Andy

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #190 on: August 20, 2008, 08:37:15 PM »
I mean ,What food make me bald ;D

Offline Phil Man

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #191 on: August 29, 2008, 09:25:10 PM »
Pure unadulterated vanity. I looked much better being bald than I ever did with a receding hairline  :*))

Offline DaveDorm

• Trekkie
  • Sly Jr.
    • DaveDorm
« Reply #192 on: September 01, 2008, 02:43:09 PM »
My scandal...

I was not losing my hair. I am 40. I have a nice thick head of hair and a firm hairline that is not receding or going south in any way. My problem was I had too much of a good thing. My hair, when I wore it, was curly and thick. I had this William Shatner "white boy afro" thing going. It grew UP and not DOWN.

Add to that I had dandruff, psoriasis, and all sorts of weird scalp ailments. I was using special shampoos, then conditioners. And curly? Yuck... just did not look good on me. It also manifested itself with flaky brows, crusty "t-zones" and all sorts of other problems.

I started clipping a few years back. Mostly because I started seeing gray! I usually did a #2 guard all around, and if I went to the barber I got a fade to a #1 on the sides. It grows VERY fast, I would need a trim every couple of weeks. People were used to seeing me with a buzz cut.

One day, as I went to have the wife cut the noggin, we could not find the guards to the clippers. I said to hell with it and we took it all the way down. I joked with her that I should just wet-shave it. She laughed and said "you better not..."

So I went to the mirror a couple of days later while she was gone, lathered up the dome, and took a disposable razor to the noggin. A couple of nicks, and with trial and error, I got it down.

It was like a snowdrift, though, all the dead skin and flakiness from the dandruff and psoriasis. So over the next week I used an apricot scrub and a good loufa to beat the hell out of my scalp. It got red and a little splotch for a few days, but once thoroughly exfoliated, my scalp took on a new glow.

That week I bought the HeadBlade and discovered different products. Over the next few months, I got into a routine. I am pretty much "set in my ways" now and have a pattern and set of favorite products. About ten minutes in the shower each day (sometimes I skip a day) and I am sly.

That's about the same amount of time I spent shampooing, conditioning, using moisturizer for dry "t-zones" and all the other crap I did when I had hair.

Offline slyinglide

• Give till it hurts!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Work hard, Play harder, Love Often
« Reply #193 on: September 01, 2008, 09:57:53 PM »
What made me go BALD...........GENETICS
I was told to think outside the box, how did I get in the box in the first place?

buuckkweet

« Reply #194 on: September 06, 2008, 09:11:56 PM »
After finding SBG.com, and reading some of the well written post on MPB, the choice was simple.  Shave the Dome, become a member of this wonderful forum, and start enjoying life as a Sly Guy! 8)