Author Topic: barbershop headshave  (Read 31576 times)

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
Re: barbershop headshave
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2008, 01:25:02 PM »
That's cool, Red.  Too bad he didn't go against the grain... maybe he was worried about cutting you.
Atleast you looked like you had fun! LOL

That's as happy as I can look with a straight razor against my head.  :*))

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

BALDANDRE

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2008, 06:31:32 PM »
Awesome pic with the bald barber shavin' you clean Red!

Yea, most times the barbershop shave is for the cool, "walk in with hair...walk out bald" experience..

the "best, smoothest shave ever"...

is hit and miss! :(

I have gotten some perfect ones though! ;) O0

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2008, 01:39:34 PM »
LibraryMike...hey buddy post up an introduction.  Finally someone else from my neck of the woods.  I was getting lonely in here...

Offline robj

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2009, 04:35:35 AM »
Didn't have time too shave today so went for a barbershop shave. Great experience albeit not quite as close as doing it myself!

Would definitely recommend it though.

Offline TANK25

• A PHILLY GUY
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2009, 11:54:29 AM »
I would enjoy the hot towel,but I wouldn`t enjoy the shave.I just can`t relax with someone shaving me.My ex use to get pissed because I wouldn`t let her shave my head.
Don`t sweat the small stuff.<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090107/sampc1253c6e4ba15e87.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline baldntat05

• Sly
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2009, 07:11:22 PM »
A very pleasant experience.  Don't get to go as much now that the economy is so tight, but well worth the money for a treat every now and again.

Offline Michael

• I Sly therefore I am!
  • Super Sly
  • Last year's Christmas Parade
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2009, 01:57:26 PM »
This sounds totally awsome!  While at it... treat yourself to a pedicure. The wife got me hooked on these.  For 15 bucks you can have a cutey give you a 30 minute foot and leg massage!  If I had known about these in High School, well... it would have saved me alot of money spent on dates! Lol!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090223/sampd7548abedf90277d.jpg[/img] [/url]

chromed

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2009, 02:28:01 PM »
I have been getting scalped on a regular basis for many years.
There is a barber in East Liverpool Ohio named Jack White off of St. Clair Ave near the center of town that started it all.
I was curious about headshaves and was calling around. I happened to be by one day and stopped in and asked him about it and price.
A few weeks later I was working somewhere hot and stinky and I could not stand it any more. I was a young man and walked into Jacks and told him to shave it bald with a razor. It was an amazing experience for a first time. He shaved it with a mach 3 and I was forever changed. I could not ever tell I had a hair on my head. The guy is good.
My ex was into my shaved head and really liked it. After a couple of years of going with me she got the disease and decided to try it. No shadow and no stubble. She let it grow long again but does not regret trying it once. I guess it grows on you after a while. Nothing like it.
I ride a motorcycle and as soon as it is done being bitter cold here (I live up north) I head out to the barber shop and get scalped.
If you guys are ever looking for a really good headshave and are in the Western PA Eastern Ohio area, ask me. I know all the good places. Two are the best. Jacks and Youngs 2 up in Seven Fields PA. Carla will scalp you and shave you with a Mach 3 also.
Take care and best wishes
Chromed
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 02:30:29 PM by chromed »

Offline leerdemmer

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2009, 06:58:42 PM »
I really like getting shaved by the barber especially the straight razor shave he does. I wonder how much an average hair shave costs over there. My barber does it for 10 liras which equals to 5 euros or 6 dollars. How much does it cost over there in your countries? Best wishes.

Erdem
hair is handicap..

BALDANDRE

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2009, 07:43:50 PM »
Without a doubt when I get back to 100% slick...it will be at a barbershop...

hopefully with a nice sized crowd! ^-^

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2009, 08:20:21 PM »
I have been getting scalped on a regular basis for many years.
There is a barber in East Liverpool Ohio named Jack White off of St. Clair Ave near the center of town that started it all.
I was curious about headshaves and was calling around. I happened to be by one day and stopped in and asked him about it and price.
A few weeks later I was working somewhere hot and stinky and I could not stand it any more. I was a young man and walked into Jacks and told him to shave it bald with a razor. It was an amazing experience for a first time. He shaved it with a mach 3 and I was forever changed. I could not ever tell I had a hair on my head. The guy is good.
My ex was into my shaved head and really liked it. After a couple of years of going with me she got the disease and decided to try it. No shadow and no stubble. She let it grow long again but does not regret trying it once. I guess it grows on you after a while. Nothing like it.
I ride a motorcycle and as soon as it is done being bitter cold here (I live up north) I head out to the barber shop and get scalped.
If you guys are ever looking for a really good headshave and are in the Western PA Eastern Ohio area, ask me. I know all the good places. Two are the best. Jacks and Youngs 2 up in Seven Fields PA. Carla will scalp you and shave you with a Mach 3 also.
Take care and best wishes
Chromed

hey i live in the cleveland,ohio area. ide love to know where that place is lol. how much was it to get your head shaved there?

chromed

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2009, 09:43:27 PM »
I don't know the name of the shop, and I can tell you it DOES NOT have a phone number. Here is the location of it. Jack works on Wednesdays and Saturdays since he closed his own shop and is in semi retirement. He does one heck of a job shaving heads. I think it is his favorite :) If you bring your girlfriend or wife, he will ask to cut her hair next :D
Price when I first went there was $11    I have always tipped him so I always give him $15
Here is the link to the location.

Carla is very good also and she is a cute Italian girl. You can find her at Youngs 2 Barber Shop 532 Northpoint Circle, Seven Fields PA. She is not as excited about it but is very good and professional. $17 or $18 when I last checked. Not sure.

Good Luck on your shaving adventures. If you know of any cool places in Cleveland I should try out, its just a couple hours on the motorcylce and "we're there dude" as Bevis and Butthead would put it :D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 09:46:56 PM by chromed »

Offline phuzzphree

• To each his own.
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2009, 09:56:36 PM »
I love getting the hot towel and shave treatment.   I can't find anyone around here that is licensed to do it!  :(
(BaldGuyz gel + Gillette Fusion) - hair = a beautiful thing!

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2009, 12:49:38 AM »
I'd enjoy a close face shave, but I'd prefer to do my own head shaving.

marty22

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2009, 08:11:55 AM »
blonde hair is great for shaving; little shadow I guess.

Enter your email address: