Author Topic: disproportionate body.  (Read 13112 times)

Offline andy.

• Sly Guy in Training
disproportionate body.
« on: August 17, 2008, 07:40:22 AM »
I have been working out and getting fit in the last few months and I feel good and can see the benifits but I noticed today that my body is becoming disproportionate.

My pecs are much bigger than my arms and its starting to look strange. I have a friend who did 500 pushups a day for years and his body looks totally messed up and I dont want to end up like that.

What can I do to correct this?

Andy,

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: disproportionate body.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 07:42:17 AM »
I have been working out and getting fit in the last few months and I feel good and can see the benifits but I noticed today that my body is becoming disproportionate.

My pecs are much bigger than my arms and its starting to look strange. I have a friend who did 500 pushups a day for years and his body looks totally messed up and I dont want to end up like that.

What can I do to correct this?

Andy,

You just need to make sure you work out different parts of your body to maintain symmetry.  Do chest, back and shoulders one day, biceps and triceps another day, lower body on another day.  Some bicep curls and tricep extensions will bulk up your arms to keep them proportionate to your chest.

Offline andy.

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 07:49:03 AM »
sounds good but I cant think of enough things to do, there are only so many exersises that can be done with just the arms.  I do mix it up, I have a cycle that I go throught when im working out and its balenced so im not sure why this is happeneing.

Is there any way to reduce thir size?

Andy,

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 07:58:12 AM »
Do bicep curls, spider curls, and pull ups to bulk up your biceps.  And don't forget to work out  your triceps.  A lot of guys neglect these, but they are the biggest muscles in your arms.  Dips, tricep extensions, hammer curls, lateral pushdowns.  You can easily put together a one hour workout for just your arms.  I'm getting ready to head out to the gym soon for an arm workout (despite a very persuasive devil sitting on my shoulder saying, "It's Sunday, stay home and be lazy"   ;) ) .   If an hour is too much on your arms, just do as much as you can until they burn out and then do a little ab work or some cardio.

You might also want to ease up on exercises that bulk up your chest until the rest of your body can catch up.

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 08:05:10 AM »
and please. please, please don't forget the legs.  Too many guys walking around on toothpick legs with great pecs and biceps  :o
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline andy.

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 08:08:54 AM »
and please. please, please don't forget the legs.  Too many guys walking around on toothpick legs with great pecs and biceps  :o

HAHA! dont worry, my legs are really think so they are not a problem.  but i know what you mean.

Offline dog20

• Super Sly
  • Hello
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 09:11:25 AM »
Also keep an eye out on your stomach... having big muscles, and a fat guy isn't impressive.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 09:43:40 AM »
Hold your nose, close your mouth, plug your tooter and blow real hard.  Be care though or you will look like the Michelin Man!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 10:46:53 AM »

Is there any way to reduce thir size?

Andy,

Concentrate on doing more reps rather than increasing the weight you lift.  That will give you more definition but not more bulk.

buuckkweet

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 10:47:49 AM »
Hold your nose, close your mouth, plug your tooter and blow real hard.  Be care though or you will look like the Michelin Man!

:*)) :*)) :*))

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 04:40:17 PM »

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 01:40:12 PM »
You need a fitness program that works your whole body. 
That is
Chest
Back
Arms (Bis/Tris)
Lower body (glutes/hams/quads/calves) 

If you want specific exercises I can help give you some suggestions. 

Dome of Steele :)
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline throwingbombs

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 06:07:51 PM »
checkout www.stronglifts.com  They have (what seems to be) a pretty comprehensive program there--and the best part is it is all set out for you.  I'm gonna start stronglifts starting this monday.  Also--get a copy of the book "Starting Strength" by Mark Rippetoe.  It covers all the exercises you'll be doing in stronglifts.
“Powerful, vigorous men of strong animal development must have some way in which their animal spirits can find vent.”

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 05:30:37 AM »
see my post above for crossfit or just go to www.crossfit.com   
You need to do exercises that work your entire body using all your muscles.
Squats and Deadlifts come to mind.
Shave your head.....free your mind.

Offline MrDroo

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 01:06:16 PM »

Enter your email address: