Author Topic: IE7 help  (Read 17575 times)

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: IE7 help
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2007, 08:58:25 PM »
what?......huh?........damn wrong thing again. :D

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

BaldRob

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2007, 08:58:47 PM »
 ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2007, 08:02:47 AM »
Most of this is over my head, so I'll just say that Paul did give me a chuckle, and uh, yeah just go with the original....and stuff.

I had a slick little browser on the home comp (before it fried...hehe) called Crazy Browser. It has neat little tabs at the top for each seperate page, but only opens one window in the task bar.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2007, 08:49:57 AM »
Most of this is over my head, so I'll just say that Paul did give me a chuckle, and uh, yeah just go with the original....and stuff.

I had a slick little browser on the home comp (before it fried...hehe) called Crazy Browser. It has neat little tabs at the top for each seperate page, but only opens one window in the task bar.

Called tab browsing, firefox had it first, now IE 7 does also.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2007, 09:00:31 AM »

Called tab browsing, firefox had it first, now IE 7 does also.

Yeah, I'm just your typical "behind the times" billhilly
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2007, 03:53:08 PM »
I use Firefox 95% of the time ...

I use Firefox 99.998764% of the time ... approximately like.  The only time I used Internet Exploder recently was to download Firefox on a computer which, absolutely unbelievably, didn't have it.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2007, 04:14:58 PM »
I use Firefox 95% of the time ...

I use Firefox 99.998764% of the time ... approximately like.  The only time I used Internet Exploder recently was to download Firefox on a computer which, absolutely unbelievably, didn't have it.

I'm with you when it comes to personal use.  But, I have to use IE for work applications once and a while.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2007, 04:57:29 PM »
I just downloaded Firefox and I think I likes it

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2007, 07:03:47 PM »

YeaaaaahhhhH!!! Let us know if you need any pointers.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BaldRob

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2007, 07:05:31 PM »

YeaaaaahhhhH!!! Let us know if you need any pointers.

I just DLed and installed it too... it's different!  Not sure what my take on it is yet....

What's better about it?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2007, 07:07:27 PM »
Tabbed browsing (which IE now has copied), several awesome extensions that you can add, it's not Microsoft, less spyware and viruses, etc.

BaldRob

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2007, 07:23:55 PM »
Tabbed browsing (which IE now has copied), several awesome extensions that you can add, it's not Microsoft, less spyware and viruses, etc.

Extensions? Such as....

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2007, 04:02:29 AM »
Tabbed browsing (which IE now has copied)

Firefox also copied the tabbed browsing. :)  I think Opera and others had it long ago.

I like Firefox because:
- easy customizable (rearrange the toolbars, different skins etc)
- add-ons such as mouse gestures (no better way to navigate), gmail manager, on-line bookmark synchroniser, web developer toolbar etc etc etc etc.
- I can get it in Irish (and many many other languages)
- spell checker for web forms

Plus it's just a nice fast safe browser to use.

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2007, 04:34:46 AM »

Extensions? Such as....

Extensions, also called add ons.  https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/extensions/
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2007, 07:21:04 AM »
I'll just work on mastering the basics of Ff first then we'll see about add-ons

Enter your email address: