Author Topic: Can of Worms  (Read 3310 times)

bmwgsa

Can of Worms
« on: January 17, 2007, 11:34:22 AM »
A minister decided that a visual demonstration would add emphasis to his Sunday sermon.       

Four worms were placed into four separate jars

The first worm was put into a container of alcohol.

The second worm was put into a container of cigarette smoke.

The third worm was put into a container of chocolate syrup.

The fourth worm was put into a container of good clean soil.

At the conclusion of the sermon, the Minister reported the following results:     

The first worm in alcohol - Dead.

The second worm in cigarette smoke -   Dead .

Third worm in chocolate syrup - Dead .

Fourth worm in good clean soil - Alive.

So the Minister asked the congregation - What can you learn from this demonstration?

An old wonman was setting in the back quickly raised her hand and said,

"As long as you drink, smoke and eat chocolate you won't have worms!"

BaldRob

Re: Can of Worms
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 11:40:19 AM »
LMAO!!  How true that is...  ;D ;D

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 12:18:45 PM »
good one

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 02:47:32 PM »

"As long as you drink....you won't have worms!"

I may have experienced this, NO LIE!!

To ring in New Year of '86 I went to Cancun with my girlfriend's family.  There were 6 of us altogether staying in a nice big beach cabana.  Mom & Dad...and big brother & his girlfriend were NOT partiers.

Anyway, my girlfriend and I started drinking tequila at the airport in L.A. and stayed SOAKED the entire trip, man.  Somewhere along the way, I won a limbo contest...and they gave me another QUART of tequila (which we did not bring home).

Here's the deal....EVERYONE ELSE on the trip came down with the hershey squirts...Montezuma's Revenge...whatever.....missing a day or two of fun as they tried to figure out whether to sit on it or put their face in it. :P

My girlfriend and I NEVER got sick...and had a BLAST the entire trip.   I always figured no worm, germ or bacteria could survive our tequila-soaked systems.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 02:56:12 PM by Robmeister »

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 03:07:26 PM »

"As long as you drink....you won't have worms!"

I may have experienced this, NO LIE!!

To ring in New Year of '86 I went to Cancun with my girlfriend's family.  There were 6 of us altogether staying in a nice big beach cabana.  Mom & Dad...and big brother & his girlfriend were NOT partiers.

Anyway, my girlfriend and I started drinking tequila at the airport in L.A. and stayed SOAKED the entire trip, man.  Somewhere along the way, I won a limbo contest...and they gave me another QUART of tequila (which we did not bring home).

Here's the deal....EVERYONE ELSE on the trip came down with the hershey squirts...Montezuma's Revenge...whatever.....missing a day or two of fun as they tried to figure out whether to sit on it or put their face in it. :P

My girlfriend and I NEVER got sick...and had a BLAST the entire trip.   I always figured no worm, germ or bacteria could survive our tequila-soaked systems.

There really is a lot of logic behind that
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 03:10:51 PM »
I've never had "THE REVENGE" and I've been to Mexico several times.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 06:46:41 PM »
I know what to do now if I go to Mexico
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt