Author Topic: Diffuse thinning at 16...  (Read 17460 times)

Offline Badger

• Learning the way of Sly
Diffuse thinning at 16...
« on: August 09, 2008, 04:17:39 PM »
It's been about 6 months since my hair started falling out (AA) and now it's gotten to the point where I'm thinking about just shaving it off. I'm still in high school so I'm not sure if it's a good idea. Opinions?

Offline william

• Sly Jr.
Re: Diffuse thinning at 16...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 04:53:23 PM »
Hello Bagder,

My opinion is that you should buzz it. I know it must feel weird for you, I mean you are 16, but don't let your hair loss take control over you! Thats what I have learned. It's easy for me to say it, I know, I was in your position 3years ago when I was 18, I'm now 21.

That was my opinion and based on my experience. I also wanna tell you that don't start taking any drugs against hair loss or anything that covers it. It will only cost you a lot of money in the long run and you can't know for sure how much it will help.

And Welcome!
I can still be the one, Im dreaming about and I dont need my hair to become him!

Offline Badger

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 05:48:10 PM »
I was taking Fin for almost 2 weeks before I quit due to side effects. Now I just use Nioxin and Minoxidil.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 06:37:11 PM »
It doesn't look that bad to me.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 08:13:22 PM »
Do what you are comfortable with
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline william

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 08:29:45 PM »
I was taking Fin for almost 2 weeks before I quit due to side effects. Now I just use Nioxin and Minoxidil.

I know hair means a lot for people, especially younger ones. I don't know how you feel about your hair loss situation, starting to see your hair getting thinner and falling out sucks.

The best solution is to buzz your hair, just believe me, you don't wanna think about how your hair looks like and what other people might think about it, you don't wanna continue using Nioxin and Minoxidi for the rest of your life or maybe just your youth. Remember this that eventually the hair loss will catch up. What will you do then? Don't even think about the HT or LT!!!!

Think what would happen if you buzzed it. You would no longer have to think about your hair. I mean you don't have to go sly bald directly but to buzz its a very good option for you. No one can then see how thin your hair is or maybe they can, but it wont affect you in the same way that it would do if you had longer hair. Also if you buzz your hair it will grow back healthier.

As some people say here on the forum, if it bothers you then buzz it, it will grow back!

Remember to do it for your own good and not anyone else! It's all up to you. Don't let your thinning hair affect you in a negative way, please. If it does so then buzz it!
I can still be the one, Im dreaming about and I dont need my hair to become him!

Offline dog20

• Super Sly
  • Hello
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 09:32:55 PM »
It looks normal to me... but I would buzz it if it would make you feel better.  Having a buzz cut isn't uncommon.

Offline J Digory

• My head's like my bass playin': Smooth
  • Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 10:27:56 PM »
My hair was about there. Trust me, no one really cares. Well, I know teens can be cruel and evil sometimes. lol But, if you're concerned about it, then shave it and take control of the situation.

Offline slyinglide

• Give till it hurts!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Work hard, Play harder, Love Often
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 12:34:00 AM »
Man your to young to be stressing over MPB.... I mean your friggin 16 years old......go out and have fun, worry about your grades go to college then stress over your hair...
I was told to think outside the box, how did I get in the box in the first place?

Northernlion

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 09:18:56 AM »
I'd probably buzz it. Admittedly I don't know if I would have shaved my head in high school (I did it halfway through college) but a buzz would be fine.

Offline Tucker-54

• TheTucker
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 10:47:57 AM »
Badger,

Im 17 and have been bald for 3 years. I did it because of a personal preference and I never regret it.  O0     I wouldn't go straight to shaving it though, it would be a big reaction especially because you have decently long hair. I would start by cutting it shorter and shorter, mayber once a week or twice a month. Something like that. You will probably notice that the thinning part of you your head will be less obvious with shorter hair. Just keep taking it down as short as you like over a period of time. That way people get used to you with shorter hair. PLUS you want to make sure you get some sun on your dome and get a nice tan started. don't want to look like  a light bulb!!!

Hope this helps,
Tucker

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 12:56:11 PM »
Hey bro, go for it! Shaved heads are perfectly fine in today's society, even in highschool! It's such a badass look too...chicks dig it!
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

BALDANDRE

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 12:59:22 PM »
Tucker....OUCH bro...new avy is wicked scary looking!

You're trying to get bro's to WANT to shave their heads smooth...

Good advice though..

Badger listen to your fellow young bald dude Tucker...

do it, but slow might be a cool way to do it..

or do a "sucker bet' with your hair being shaved off as the "loss"! ;)

However you go about it...you'll dig being bald! O0

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 01:31:33 PM »
Badger,

As I said before, I don't think your hair looks bad at all, based on the photo you posted.  If you think you're ready to buzz or shave, then by all means, do it but I don't think it's something you have to do yet if you don't want to.  A buzz cut in the near future wouldn't be a bad idea, to get you used to having less hair.  If you've got severe AA, then you're going to eventually have a lot of patchy hair loss and when that happens you will have to shave everything off.  Buzzing it before that happens will make shaving seem less scary when the time comes.  Or you might just decide to beat AA to the punch and shave everything on your own timetable.

The important thing to remember is that it's only hair, and you'll look just fine bald.  It isn't a big deal these days. 

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 02:38:22 PM »
i started losing my hair at 17, and im 22 now and shaving my head was the best idea ive ever had. I went through the whole denial thing, using Rogaine, and trying to cut it a special way. But none of it worked. Hell, the reason i met my wife was because i shaved my head. She was drunk, and she just felt the need to let me know she "loved bald guys." The rest was history. haha.  If you feel weird about it, shave it with no guard, then take a look. If alls good, go for the Mach 3. I hope I helped some.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]

Enter your email address: