Author Topic: HOW often do U C a toupee/wig/hairpiece/rug?  (Read 13755 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
HOW often do U C a toupee/wig/hairpiece/rug?
« on: August 07, 2008, 03:12:25 PM »
hello fellow chrome domes:  just wondering... how often do U C a toupee/wig/hairpiece/rug?  i probably average two wigs a week. :D  matter of fact... i just witnessed one 2day.  i was in line waiting 2 purchase something and this middle-aged guy was wearing the "rug" with a baseball cap covering it.  man... it was horrible. :/O   i know his noggin' was "burning" like fire with this florida heat. :/O

so... how 'bout U?  how often do U C a toupee/wig/hairpiece/rug?  once a week?  twice a week?  what's your story?

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Kojack

• Sly
Re: HOW often do U C a toupee/wig/hairpiece/rug?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 03:18:48 PM »
Hmmmm I haven't seen so many I could number them by week, but I've seen plenty over the years for sure.

Going forward I think I'll print up some SBG.com cards and hand them to guys with crappy rugs. They might see the light after a visit to this place. I think I shaved my head like a couple days after finding this site. Although I'd be embarassed if it turned out they just had crappy hair and weren't wearing a rug!!
Remember to never take my advice seriously (unless I'm being serious) and you'll do alright.

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 03:28:56 PM »
I would say about once a month. More often during tourist season.
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 03:57:07 PM »
i would say very very rarely.  Over here most guys seem to have dumped them in favour of the sly look, and those that havent are sporting really nasty looking comb-overs. :/O

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 04:08:06 PM »
i would say very very rarely.  Over here most guys seem to have dumped them in favour of the sly look, and those that havent are sporting really nasty looking comb-overs. :/O

ditto!
or wear baseball caps  :)
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline admiralvin

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 04:33:31 PM »
You probably see more than you realize.  I see them at least once or twice a week because I'm a barber that occasionally does cut-ins for hair wearers.  I wore myself up until about 2 years ago (it was a family tradition) when I decided to take the plunge to sly.  Not to toot my own horn too much but when I'm done with a customer, you really can't tell it's a piece.  The materials you can get nowadays are top notch and basically undetectable.  Of course maintenance can be a hassle it gets expensive, and sly is totally acceptable these days.  But to each his own...

Anyway this is my first post. Cool site.  It was actually one of my  customers (not a toup wearer, but newly sly) who told me about it.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 04:44:01 PM »
Welcome, Admiral vin! Great intro.

I see them rarely in public.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 04:50:05 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Admiral !!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 05:00:04 PM »
You rarely see them now!

Welcome Admiral.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 05:01:55 PM by wpruitt »
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline zzaapp

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 05:15:23 PM »
Funny you should ask...  ...Just today I was out to lunch with a client, and at the next table were Two guys obviously wearing rugs.  One was probably mid forties with a pretty good color match, but obvious mismatch for texture.  The other sported the "distinctive graying temples under a darker rug.  The funny thing is that the fine looking lady that was with them kept giving me the eye and smiling at me.  Seemed a bit flirtatious.

Don't often see two for one, but my wife has commented that since moving here, she has seen more bad toupees than she ever saw in the Chicago area.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 05:19:14 PM by zzaapp »

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 05:28:49 PM »
Welcome, Admiral !!!

By the way, I was watching "My Cousin Vinnie" the other day and could swear that Joe Pesci was wearin' a piece in that flick.

BaldRob

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 05:30:50 PM »
I see one everytime our illustrious Illinois Governor is on television!

Offline admiralvin

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 05:48:32 PM »
wow. that is one inpenetrable helmet of hair.  Suitable only for politicians and newscasters...

while I am someone's cousin Vinny I have never adopted a look that Italian.  Although I think my dad had that same wig that Joe Pesci wore... 

Thanks for the warm welcome!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 05:58:54 PM by admiralvin »

buuckkweet

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 06:03:39 PM »
There is a guy in town who is about my age who has a rather tacky hair piece.  His nickname is "Road Kill".  Imagine that! :*))  

Offline slyinglide

• Give till it hurts!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Work hard, Play harder, Love Often
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 09:29:44 PM »
About 4 years ago, I was up in Eugene Oregon for a seminar for my job.  It just so happened that there was a jazz concert in town that night that I wanted to go see so I booked a Motel and made a weekend of it.  Upon arriving at the theater were the concert was being held I got in line, at the bottom of some stairs waiting for the people to open the doors.  there were a lot of people ahead of me, when someone or something cause everyone on the stairs to fall down towards me.  I'm a good size lad, so I tried to catch people before they hit the concrete or at least soften their landing.......after the fall, everyone was getting up, checking themselves out for injuries, thankfully there were none,  when I looked down and at my feet was a "Full Head Rug".  The guy behind me picked it up and tried to hand it to me saying that I had lost it.  I took it from him and said thanks but it's not mine, but I knew who it belonged to...The doors opened up and we started to walk into the theater when out of the corner of my eye I saw the owner of the RUG coming towards me with his wife in tow.....He Thanked me for holding onto it for him, and I replied "This can't be yours....You look to good bald to want to cover it up!!!"  He said it was, and I said "To bad, your missing out" and went to hand him the RUG.....He asked me what I meant and I told him how I felt about being "Bald By Choice".   After I was done talking, he straightened up proudly, took this very well made and expensive RUG and threw it AWAY.  Right into the sliding door trash can (the one you can't get into unless you have a key") and said thanks.  As he turned to leave, his very good looking wife looked at me and mouthed the words "Thank You" to me..........

After the concert, I went to a bar up the street and they were there..........They asked me to sit down with them, and they proceeded to ask me all kinds of questions about me being BBC.  I answered them honestly, when his wife turned to him and said "I told you you were a handsome man bald, but it took another man for you to believe it". 
I was told to think outside the box, how did I get in the box in the first place?

Enter your email address: