Author Topic: King of Shaves contact  (Read 6375 times)

BaldRob

King of Shaves contact
« on: January 16, 2007, 04:13:19 PM »
Hey guys, I sent an email to King of Shaves below:

Hi,

I would like to inform KoS of a forum dedicated to bald men, www.slybaldguys.com.  Most of the members shave their heads and use a lot of different shaving products and I would like to recommend that a representative joins the forum to give some insights into the KoS product line.

Personally I have use your Alpha Shaving Oil by itself of in conjunction with Headblade's Headslick.

Thanks!

Rob Zilch
aka BaldRob

And received this today:

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your email!

I took a look at your site and it looks like a great. We're always happy to chat about King of Shaves - I'll look into adding something to the shaving board. Would it be possible to have King of Shaves reviewed on the site? I'd be happy to send you guys some samples if you have a way to distribute them.

Kind regards,
Stephanie Eddy

I recommended that she contact Tyler for reviewing stuff... I wasn't going to give out his address!  I also provided my info so she'd send me free samples too!  ;)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: King of Shaves contact
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 04:16:34 PM »
Cool Rob!  I'll see how many samples they are willing to give so that we can get a few different perspectives on the products.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 04:27:56 PM »
I've used both the green and blue king of shaves alpha gel.    They are fine products though i've recently switched to a different gel/cream in the past week.
bald for life

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 05:11:48 PM »
go rob, go rob.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 05:38:25 PM »
sweet
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 06:08:22 PM »
I've used a couple different kinds of their gel.  I really like it, but it seems to dry my skin out, especially during the winter.  I like their oil under headslick.

Offline BaldBen

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 09:13:53 PM »
King of Shaves Alpha Oil provides a superior head/face shave to any cream/gel out there. I've also used Hot Six Oil,  but find that the KOS is a superior product. The skin takes the KOS oil very well, and does not leave any nasty residue. It contains ingredients which have noticably healed and rejuvinated the skin on my head. 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin

Offline Teambean

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 11:03:35 PM »
I hate to go against the flow but Ive tried their product (I loved the fact it was eay to travel with) and was not impressed. I expierenced a lot of itrriation and it was not mositurizing at all....I guess I am the odd-man out.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 12:04:30 PM »
I hate to go against the flow but Ive tried their product (I loved the fact it was eay to travel with) and was not impressed. I expierenced a lot of itrriation and it was not mositurizing at all....I guess I am the odd-man out.

Not everyone will react the same, Bean. Thanks for the heads up on that
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Bronco

• Sly Jr.
  • My WigsforKids Donation
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 06:31:18 PM »
I picked up a bottle of the King of Shaves Alpha Oil (sensitive skin cooling) today at CVS for $5.99. Tried it shaving my face and neck line. I thought it performed as advertised.

I didn't notice any tightening or drying of the skin. It was weird shaving w/o cream or gel to indicate where you've shaved already.

Offline medicineman

• Head shaver/Beard grower
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 12:46:21 AM »
KoS oil and shave gels are excellent products.  I don't use oil to shave with anymore but I still use the gel sometimes.  MagnaGel MME is my fav in their gel line.  I participated in FHM magazines 2005 grooming awards and out of all the shave products they sent me, that was my favorite.  Some of the stuff I got to try was $20 and $30 a jar/tube but the cheapest of the lot, KoS was the best.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 07:37:07 AM by medicineman »

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 01:02:11 AM »
I tried a KoS gel when I was in  the U.K. last spring. I picked it up at the Tesco closest to my friends flat and gave it a spin for the 6 weeks I was there. I did the trick all right. I didn;t notice it to be remarkable in any way.

My experience was that it was a thoroughly adequate shave gel.
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2007, 07:34:28 AM »
I like their gels, that magnashave was great, but it's hard to find around here.  I've used their oil, it worked, but I wasn't impressed with it.  For the cost, Hot Six works very well for me.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline tgparker

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 06:21:27 AM »
I started using KOS Alpha with HeadSlick yesterday with my HB Classic and Sport. It's an awesome combo.

I'm interested in either getting a FREE sample or even BUYING the KOS Kinexium ST, to try out in conjunction with HeadSlick & my HB Sport/Classic.

I can't locate a retail store in my area that stocks KOS Kinexium ST, so I'd be grateful if you could either have KOS contact me or if you could pass on to me the KOS contact info.

If you're in a position to send me a sample bottle of the Kinexium ST shaving Oil, I'd be most grateful to get some and try it out and review it on this forum.

I'm also comtemplating switching to a Str8 Edge for my face and I KNOW that the KOS Kinexium ST will be useful.

Thanks in advance,

Tony
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 07:17:11 AM by tgparker »
Gotta HB S4 for sale?  I'm looking to buy one.  If you got a nice one 4-Sale, please PM me. TIA.