Author Topic: Sometimes it is best to just leave well enough alone.  (Read 3004 times)

buuckkweet

Sometimes it is best to just leave well enough alone.
« on: August 05, 2008, 09:12:19 PM »
 A few days ago, I was helping a customer at work who has been wearing the same hair piece for as long as I've known him.  14+ years to be exact.  In my opinion, his rug has seen better days.  Trust me, it isn't pretty. :o

This very nice gentleman commented on how much he liked my new look.  He also told me that he was totally bald and wore his hair piece because it made him feel young.  He is in his early 80's I'm guessing, and one of the nicest, most respectful gentlemen you'd ever want to meet.  Out of my deep respect for this older gentleman, and not cross that invisible line, I simply nodded in agreement with him. ;) 

I enthusiastically spread the word about SBG and going Sly to anyone with comments or questions, but sometimes you have to leave well enough alone. 8)     

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Sometimes it is best to just leave well enough alone.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 09:17:55 PM »
You did the right thing.  It sound like he's happy with his look -- which is all that really matters in the end -- and it's unlikely that he'd change his look at this stage of the game.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 09:46:41 PM »
A few days ago, I was helping a customer at work who has been wearing the same hair piece for as long as I've known him.  14+ years to be exact.  In my opinion, his rug has seen better days.  Trust me, it isn't pretty. :o

This very nice gentleman commented on how much he liked my new look.  He also told me that he was totally bald and wore his hair piece because it made him feel young.  He is in his early 80's I'm guessing, and one of the nicest, most respectful gentlemen you'd ever want to meet.  Out of my deep respect for this older gentleman, and not cross that invisible line, I simply nodded in agreement with him. ;) 

I enthusiastically spread the word about SBG and going Sly to anyone with comments or questions, but sometimes you have to leave well enough alone. 8)     

That was the kind and right thing to do!     O0    :)

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 05:41:36 AM »
Maybe, when you see him again, he'll have had second thoughts and shaved it off, who knows!? O0

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 11:44:31 AM »
I agree buuckkweet.. sometimes it is best to say nothing  :)
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline dog20

• Super Sly
  • Hello
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 01:11:24 PM »
My eyes do the talking,  ^-^

Offline Kojack

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 01:41:19 PM »
You might have inspired him.

Remember to never take my advice seriously (unless I'm being serious) and you'll do alright.

Enter your email address: