Author Topic: young fence sitter....  (Read 4087 times)

Offline its.evolution.baby

• Learning the way of Sly
young fence sitter....
« on: August 05, 2008, 08:08:44 AM »
Gday everyone,

just wanna say that this place is pretty awesome, good work.  O0

As for myself, i am 20 yo and considering whether or not to go shave my shag off. At the moment i look like this  :px   (minus the crazy eyes) but unfortunetly my hair is thinning rather fast  :o  Im interested in shaving it all off but i just have a few concerns.... Firstly, i have a baby face  ;D or so i have been told, and im not sure how well this will complement a sly head. Also im not too sure about my head shape...

If i can build up the courage, i will likely shave it JUST before i depart on a 3 month OS backpacking trip, just incase i decide its not for me..

Thanks for reading my message!! Any thoughts or opinions would be sweeeeeeeet

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: young fence sitter....
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 08:21:37 AM »
Hey bro, welcome aboard!

Well, I recommend shaving your head with clippers, to like a 1/8 inch (#1 setting) in order to get an idea of how you'll look. If you like that, take it down to a #0 setting to get an even better idea. This will give you and idea of your head shape and you can determine if you like it. From there, you can go either way, shave it smooth and clean or grow back your hair!

That's the best part, since you have a full head of hair, it'll grow back!
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Northernlion

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 08:31:08 AM »
If you don't do it you're going to be in the same position (except your hair loss will be more noticeable) in 6 months, a year, 5 years, etc.

So you might as well give it a shot

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 09:09:50 AM »
Welcome to SBG! 

I'd give shaving a shot before you go on your trip.  The reason for this is that you don't want to try to learn to shave your head as you travel from country to country.  It would be best to get a couple weeks of a routine down.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline dog20

• Super Sly
  • Hello
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 09:22:42 AM »
I shaved my head when I was your age.  I suggest you shave your head now and free yourself of worrying about your hair.  You will have much more confidence and feel a lot better about yourself if you take it all off.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 09:36:12 AM »
Go for it...a bald head is a perfect thing to have on an active trip..

and a great time to experiment! O0

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 09:38:02 AM »
JUST DO IT!.....I know, easy for us to say.  But bro....it will grow back if you are in doubt.

Offline iPelon

• Sly Jr.
  • Waz-up!!!... my pelones!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 10:19:21 AM »
"...shaving your head with clippers, to like a 1/8 inch (#1 setting) in order to get an idea of how you'll look. If you like that, take it down to a #0 setting to get an even better idea".

BlackJamesRackham...

... that is exactly what I did about two years ago.  I've been using the #0 all this time.  This past Sat. I went with a #00000, from Wahl (actually called the balding blade), and took it all off.  I loved the results, and will be shaving competely this Friday.  Got my Headblade Sport ready to go!!!

Great advise... I hope its.evolution.baby gives it a try... I say GO FOR IT!!!!
...the man, the dome, the legend.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 10:19:26 AM »
Hi Evo and welcome!  :)
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline william

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 11:16:47 AM »
Hello dude,

In my opinion, based on my experiences and what I have learned about hair loss. It is much better to shave/buzz it before the hair loss gets any worse. I mean if you start fighting your hair loss or are distracted by it. It's much better for your confidence that you don't have to think about how people will look on your thinning hair, also it will be easier to deal with people around you when you can show them who you are.

You are not that little boy anymore, you are becoming a grown up. You need to know this, that this is you and not that little boy anymore, even though you feel like him inside. But a good beginning is always to start thinking of who you wanna be.That little boy or the grown up? Don't think to long about it though since you will only be wasting time ^^ like I probably did. It's not easy when you feel like a boy inside and when you start becoming a man on the outside.

And yes when you finally have decided to go for bald look, take vacation, maybe go on trip, take some tan, do some workout maybe. It will help your confidence and whom your gonna be.

However don't fight the hair loss whatever you do, it will only cost you a lot of money! I spend a lot of money on it during a 3year period of time, and well didn't get much better. And I hated all the hair spray stuff I needed to put in my hair, to make it look good ;S

and don't let your hair loss become a big problem! Good luck!

and yes my English is not the best, hope you got an idea what I tried to say.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 11:19:09 AM by william »
I can still be the one, Im dreaming about and I dont need my hair to become him!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 01:51:33 PM »
Welcome bro.  Go ahead and shave it down.  Going on a trip like that will not only let you get comfortable with the new you, but show you how great it is to be free from messing with hair every day.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 01:52:55 PM »
"...shaving your head with clippers, to like a 1/8 inch (#1 setting) in order to get an idea of how you'll look. If you like that, take it down to a #0 setting to get an even better idea".

BlackJamesRackham...

... that is exactly what I did about two years ago.  I've been using the #0 all this time.  This past Sat. I went with a #00000, from Wahl (actually called the balding blade), and took it all off.  I loved the results, and will be shaving competely this Friday.  Got my Headblade Sport ready to go!!!

Great advise... I hope its.evolution.baby gives it a try... I say GO FOR IT!!!!

O0 That's the route I took as well!
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 06:59:04 PM »
And let the hair evolve they way it should ..... sly!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 08:58:20 PM »
Welcome to SBG!

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 10:29:19 PM »
Welcome to SBG it's evolution baby!  I began noticing my balding about your age and wish I had taken the initiative to shave it off then.  I didn't go sly until last year, but had been gradually going shorter and shorter with the hair clippers.  Once I finally took the plunge, I felt free and more confident almost instantly.  I gotta agree with Tyler though, if I were you, I'd give it a try before your trip and then at least maintain a close buzz as you travel.  Good luck - keep us posted!  Embracing your slyness is really not that big of a deal!

Enter your email address: