Author Topic: "You look like a gang-banger... and you are starting to scare my family..."  (Read 8906 times)

Offline iPelon

• Sly Jr.
  • Waz-up!!!... my pelones!!!
That was what my wife said to me after she returned from a trip out of the country for her grandmothers funeral.  She came back to find me with a bald head.  I still left about 1/4" worth of carpet, but was very short compared to what it was when she left.  That was almost two years ago.  Ever since that day I told her that I would eventually go completely bald.  She always fussed every-time I took it down another 1/16 of an inch. 

As mentioned in my introduction, I changed the 1/4" blade on my trusty old Wahl clipper to the balding blade and went to town on my dome yesterday.  After I got out of the shower, my wife just gave me a glance... but did not say anything.  After about an hour she came into the office (where I happened to be lurking in an SBG forum) and proceeded to run her hands through my bald dome. I knew I'd win her over!!!!

I think the baldness grew on her (no pun intended) :*)) ;D :*))       
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 09:22:51 PM by iPelon »

...the man, the dome, the legend.

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
That's good to hear, BTW it looks very good on you too.  O0

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
Welcome to the "Sly Side"!  O:O

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Northernlion

Hahaha man, that's some crazy comments. I guess it's just people from a different era don't understand!

Offline iPelon

• Sly Jr.
Hahaha man, that's some crazy comments. I guess it's just people from a different era don't understand!

It could be that... but, I did get the looking like a gang-banger line a lot when I first did it a couple years ago from other people.  We have a phrase in Southern Cali that goes:  "driving while bald".  It does not happen as often as it did 10 years ago but every now and then cops will pull-over people for looking like a "gang-banger" or "fitting the profile". 

Being bald has become so popular that I rarely hear the "driving while bald" phrase anymore.  I feel that it is a matter of how you carry yourself that counts, and presenting yourself like a sly debonair fellow will take you's a long way.   We are now getting a different phrase started... "damn, that is one sexy mo-foken bald dude"...... my response, thank---- thank you very much!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) O0   

Offline Kojack

• Sly
I saw a movie about gang-bangers once.
I think it was called Gangbang Girl IV.
Good stuff.  O0
Remember to never take my advice seriously (unless I'm being serious) and you'll do alright.

Offline DDDeepdiver

• Sly Jr.
I thought gangbang girl 2 was better    >:D

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
Welcome aboard man...I once had a preconcieved notion of bald guys with goatees...lol and here I am with that look myself several years later!!

Personally though..I am looking forward to Gang Bang Girl volume 69!! Should be quite interesting :*)) O0
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline iPelon

• Sly Jr.
I saw a movie about gang-bangers once.
I think it was called Gangbang Girl IV.
Good stuff.  O0

O.K.----- but did you see the un-edited version of Gangbanger Girls???  The chicks were all bald!!! One slyer than the next... now, that was some good watchin'  :*))

BALDANDRE

It could be that... but, I did get the looking like a gang-banger line a lot when I first did it a couple years ago from other people.  We have a phrase in Southern Cali that goes:  "driving while bald".  It does not happen as often as it did 10 years ago but every now and then cops will pull-over people for looking like a "gang-banger" or "fitting the profile". 

Being bald has become so popular that I rarely hear the "driving while bald" phrase anymore.  I feel that it is a matter of how you carry yourself that counts, and presenting yourself like a sly debonair fellow will take you's a long way.   We are now getting a different phrase started... "damn, that is one sexy mo-foken bald dude"...... my response, thank---- thank you very much!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) O0   

I hear ya bro..

I'm just moved from So Cali. (Whittier to be exact, yea lot o vatos) and never had a problem..

but I did get nervous sometimes when a car load of bald heads and tatty's drove up next to ya...

and I did get flashed some signs when we drove down an alley near our house once..

but that's Cali for ya! ;)

BALDANDRE

BTW..

my favorite "Vato" is the kid from "Free Willy"..he played the gang banger "Weevil" on Veronica Marz ..

had a killer perfectly smooth BBC dome he wore most of the 3 year run!

Awesome look! O0

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life

...I still left about 1/4" worth of carpet, but....I told her that I would eventually go completely bald.  She always fussed every-time I took it down another 1/16 of an inch. 

That's pretty much how it all started with me and my wife, bro !!

Good job !!!

Offline iPelon

• Sly Jr.

[/quote]

I hear ya bro..

I'm just moved from So Cali. (Whittier to be exact, yea lot o vatos) and never had a problem..

but I did get nervous sometimes when a car load of bald heads and tatty's drove up next to ya...

and I did get flashed some signs when we drove down an alley near our house once..

[/quote]

Hey brother... I know Whittier fairly well, my cousins lived off of Washington and Sorenson Ave.  Don't remember any gangs in that area back then (early to mid 80's).  I actually looked forward to going to their house because I lived in South-Central L.A. most of my life and went to Whittier to get away from the "vato locos".  

Growing up in South-Central was no pic-nic.  At the time, my follicle garden was full, curly and long, but it never distracted the "cholo's" from f#@king with me.  Around 1995, I tried straightening my Sheerly Temple curls for a photo shoot (long story) and proceeded to burn the sh*t out of it.  My hair was never the same.  I sported the Caesar (comb forward look) for years, but after I started to develop (what I call my hairless yarmulke look) and the thinning got worse, I decided to start buzzing it down from a #1 clip, to clip-less, to high and low setting (blade only) and now the straight bald blade.  

One day this week I will drive over to Headblade headquarters (I work less than a mile from there.... how cool is that??) and purchase a few things.  By Friday I hope to be a TRUE sly dome.

Yeah that Weevil dude sure has a nice dome!!  Thanks for reading and have a great Monday!!

Offline iPelon

• Sly Jr.

...I still left about 1/4" worth of carpet, but....I told her that I would eventually go completely bald.  She always fussed every-time I took it down another 1/16 of an inch. 

That's pretty much how it all started with me and my wife, bro !!

Good job !!!

Thanks for the support Robmeister... as I said to BaldAndre, I hope to be a true "Sly" by Friday.  I'm driving over to Headblade headquarters to pick-up some Headslick to get the job done right.  Still kinda' stringing my wife along... I want the final transition to be flawless and less of a shock to her.

BALDANDRE

I hear ya bro..

[/quote]

Hey brother... I know Whittier fairly well, my cousins lived off of Washington and Sorenson Ave.  Don't remember any gangs in that area back then (early to mid 80's).  I actually looked forward to going to their house because I lived in South-Central L.A. most of my life and went to Whittier to get away from the "vato locos". 

Growing up in South-Central was no pic-nic.  At the time, my follicle garden was full, curly and long, but it never distracted the "cholo's" from f#@king with me.  Around 1995, I tried straightening my Sheerly Temple curls for a photo shoot (long story) and proceeded to burn the sh*t out of it.  My hair was never the same.  I sported the Caesar (comb forward look) for years, but after I started to develop (what I call my hairless yarmulke look) and the thinning got worse, I decided to start buzzing it down from a #1 clip, to clip-less, to high and low setting (blade only) and now the straight bald blade. 

One day this week I will drive over to Headblade headquarters (I work less than a mile from there.... how cool is that??) and purchase a few things.  By Friday I hope to be a TRUE sly dome.

Yeah that Weevil dude sure has a nice dome!!  Thanks for reading and have a great Monday!!

[/quote]

Hey my So Cal bald bro..

Ha...I lived on Washington AVE (not street)...you know where the infamous "Jack's" diner (not "Jack's salad bowl") was on Whittier blvd...

our house(s) we're 1/2 a street away!!!

Yea...bro, just west of Greenleaf was full of cholos...but Whittier is a cool place because somehow there is a harmony of all folks living there...maybe because both existed there for a very long time...

my wife grew up in south central...just off the 5/ 710 interchange...

we know that area...Maywood (didn't like hanging out on the street too much with my other bald hispanic bro drinkin' brews for more than a couple hours...cuz you never know who would "drive-by"!

Bro...wait till you're slick..you'll truly feel "pelon"!!!! O0 O0 O0