Author Topic: Best Shine Control Product  (Read 48124 times)

Offline Jez

• Sly Guy in Training
Best Shine Control Product
« on: August 03, 2008, 05:46:33 PM »
Hi, everyone. Im new here but have been reading up on the forum quite a bit in the last few weeks. Been shaving my head for about 3 years now, only recently against the grain though. This post is really catered more to the people that want to reduce shine virtually to the point of having none at all.

Ive been through lots and lots of different products over the years that promise to reduce shine and give a matte look etc, and have found that not a single product can actually really do what it says. However, there is one product that i have found that is simply amazing, and is the closest i have come to really coping with shine. Its called "Max Anti Shine Gel" by Peter Thomas Roth. I know it sounds a bit like a plug, but this stuff really is the real deal.

The disadvantage is that it doesnt really last as long as i would like, about a week for one bottle (for myself anyway) and its fairly expensive. Around £20 or about $40

But if major shine is really bothering you and your sick of trying different products that dont actually work, i would definitely give this a shot.

Offline Kojack

• Sly
Re: Best Shine Control Product
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 05:56:06 PM »
Hmmm If shine ever becomes that big of a deal to me, I'd probably just carry around a powder compact. When the girls at the table went to go powder their nose, I'd go powder my head. :)
Remember to never take my advice seriously (unless I'm being serious) and you'll do alright.

Offline baldking

• Brian
  • Sly
  • "The time is now"
    • bald head shine
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 11:51:47 PM »
it must be laced with 24 carot gold at that price.  I try lots of products and even 20 us is tugging at the wallet.  Is it in stores?

Hi, everyone. Im new here but have been reading up on the forum quite a bit in the last few weeks. Been shaving my head for about 3 years now, only recently against the grain though. This post is really catered more to the people that want to reduce shine virtually to the point of having none at all.

Ive been through lots and lots of different products over the years that promise to reduce shine and give a matte look etc, and have found that not a single product can actually really do what it says. However, there is one product that i have found that is simply amazing, and is the closest i have come to really coping with shine. Its called "Max Anti Shine Gel" by Peter Thomas Roth. I know it sounds a bit like a plug, but this stuff really is the real deal.

The disadvantage is that it doesnt really last as long as i would like, about a week for one bottle (for myself anyway) and its fairly expensive. Around £20 or about $40

But if major shine is really bothering you and your sick of trying different products that dont actually work, i would definitely give this a shot.
http://www.baldheadshine.com
slimgoodbody@hotmail.com

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 02:11:52 PM »
Bald Guyz Head Wipes. They kind of look like condom wrappers, but they work really well to de-grease the head without being so rough. Plus i think they smell really good.   O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 02:57:05 PM »
If you're looking to reduce shine, the two products that I think work the best are:

Matte For Men - http://www.slybaldguys.com/matteformen.php

Dome Defense - http://www.domedefense.com
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline CatchWrestler101

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 03:31:14 PM »
Ultra Glow Tone Cream

http://www.keystone-labs.com/products/UltraGlow-Skin-Tone-Cream-Normal-Skin.html

Cheap, Readily available, And lasts.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 10:15:25 PM »
Ultra Glow Tone Cream

http://www.keystone-labs.com/products/UltraGlow-Skin-Tone-Cream-Normal-Skin.html

Cheap, Readily available, And lasts.

Yeah, they sell it at Walmart, so most people should be able to find it.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 02:05:44 PM »
The BaldGuyz headwipes rule for taming the shine!
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 09:28:41 PM »
I vote for the Bald Guyz head wipes. A purely amazing formula, cleans and tightens my head up like nothing else. These wipes kick ass!
"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 07:55:36 AM »
i'm a huge fan of the matte look as well. i currently use matte for men...but am waiting on some "L'Oreal Men Expert Pure & Matte Anti-Shine Moisturizing Gel"...i'll let you all know how it works out.

maybe i should check out the bald guyz head wipes...if those can do the trick, that would be awesome.
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline CatchWrestler101

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 11:56:29 AM »
Found two bottles of Headblade Matte Lotion at Walgreens a few months back on sale for a buck, and must say I love it!

- Works very well at controlling shine
- A little bit goes a long way
- A bottle of it could potentially last a year +

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 12:34:45 PM »
HeadBlade just announced a new Matte lotion with SPF 30.  They're sending me some and I'll have a review of it up as soon as I get it. 

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 03:14:47 PM »
is it me or did matte for men jack their prices up BIG TIME? i don't remember it being 24 bucks for a tube of the moisturizer....
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 03:16:06 PM »
i might try checking out this citizen smooth stuff...says it controls the shine
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 03:16:39 PM »
I must be the odd man out. I like a good shine.