Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 255862 times)

Offline Thebaldnation

• wanting to bring our Bald community closer together
  • Sly
    • ThebaldNation
Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #450 on: February 12, 2014, 08:15:58 PM »
I think Bald looks good on anyone that's confident, because let's face it, the Bald lifestyle is something you grow into wether your BBC or by nature.
<!-- Facebook Badge START --><a href="http://www.facebook.com/people/Baldguy-Thebaldnationsbest/1827707468" title="Baldguy Thebaldnationsbest" target="_TOP" style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-
[url=http

Offline BBCESQ

• Sly
« Reply #451 on: February 13, 2014, 06:26:58 AM »
I think Bald looks good on anyone that's confident, because let's face it, the Bald lifestyle is something you grow into wether your BBC or by nature.

I couldn't agree more.  Confidence is key.

Offline DannyBoy

• Sly
« Reply #452 on: February 13, 2014, 01:19:27 PM »
Initially, I absolutely hated it, but like with everything, you get used to it. I've grown to like it a lot though. I'm 21, and most guys my age rock either a pompadour or a fauxhawk, so I like that my hairstyle (or lack of one) stands out. It's adds an "edgy" touch to my look. Also, even though I'm skinny/tall (bald just naturally looks better on buff guys for some reason), I think it looks decent on me, and I'm able to complement it with the right clothes. Granted, having my hair back would be nice. However, there's more to life than achieving standards of conventional attractiveness, and baldness, despite my initial reaction, didn't end my world.

Im the same with the like standing out thing i mean strangers you see what walk on by wont think nothing of it cause they dont know your age...but like with friends for example i kinda like the thought of "sticking out" i probably dont but still its a cool feeling...until i get to the age where its common to bald then the feeling fades.
It is only a problem if YOU make it a problem.

Offline Raulski

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #453 on: February 13, 2014, 05:52:17 PM »
Love it. Always have. Like Razorhead said, each time it's smooth is as great as the first time. I feel like I'm wearing a new suit when I'm freshly shaved.

Offline Scot106

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #454 on: May 06, 2014, 02:49:06 PM »
Not much i can do about it  ;D I do like being bald I think it suits me and I have had people give me good comments on it.  I am happy with who I am and it gives me confidence with this look. I used to be so vain and spend ages on my hair with gel products and its nice to just go out and not worry how it is looking if it is out of place. Would I rock the sly look if I had a full head of hair probably not as I would still be attached to my hair. 

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #455 on: May 06, 2014, 04:44:09 PM »
Not much i can do about it  ;D I do like being bald I think it suits me and I have had people give me good comments on it.  I am happy with who I am and it gives me confidence with this look. I used to be so vain and spend ages on my hair with gel products and its nice to just go out and not worry how it is looking if it is out of place. Would I rock the sly look if I had a full head of hair probably not as I would still be attached to my hair. 

That's a great post. And very honest. I like myself bald, too, but I was just saying to a friend, if I could have my hair back, I wouldn't be shaving it off. Just my opinion.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #456 on: May 06, 2014, 09:52:33 PM »
Echoing Scot and Mike, I do love being bald but I also wish I could have my thick hair back that I had at one time. You don't truly miss something until it's gone.  On the other hand, I'm proud to be bald and have a good excuse to be bald.  I love shaving my head every day in the shower and feeling fresh in the morning.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #457 on: May 07, 2014, 05:19:40 AM »
Just a difference of opinion from my corner.

I'm BBC and wish I'd done it sooner. Even decades sooner.

I have no feelings of loss concerning:
* time needed to shampoo/dry/style hair daily versus a quick shave
* need to carry a comb
* having sweat-soaked/greasy hair when being active outside
* time required to travel to/from and endure haircuts
* expense of haircuts
* changing haircut style as times change - a haircut can easily "date" you, bald is classic
* wondering whether my hair "looks right"

It's just hair, but I'm so much happier without it.

I know others don't feel the same and that's just fine. Everyone has to do what's right for them. A daily shave to the skin works for me and I don't see that ever changing.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline AgentBald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #458 on: May 07, 2014, 06:24:33 AM »
I agree 100% with Frontier Guy.  Looking back, I'm so glad to be sly and wish I did it sooner.
"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #459 on: May 07, 2014, 07:22:29 AM »
I will say this...If I had my hair back, I probably would shave bald ever so often....The only thing I miss about my hair is the ability to shave designs into it....But I'm having fun being bald and trying different facial hair styles.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #460 on: May 07, 2014, 09:02:50 AM »
AND.....   you don't have to worry about "bed head" anymore!    ;D

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #461 on: May 07, 2014, 09:10:00 AM »
AND.....   you don't have to worry about "bed head" anymore!

Exactly!

Or, if you had wavy hair and a horseshoe, no fighting the "Bozo" effect.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:11:41 AM by Cave Dweller »
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #462 on: May 07, 2014, 12:58:42 PM »
Yes, there are so many benefits to being sly. And you have to make the most of what you have and be happy with who you are. That being said, it would be nice to have the choice and baldness as an option!  O:O
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #463 on: May 07, 2014, 01:21:45 PM »
I shave my head because I prefer the way I look and feel with no hair. It's clean looking, it's consistent, it's easy, it's a simple as that.

I started shaving my head 2000-01 somewhere. After I donated my long, curly hair to a locks of love event. They cut it really short anyway, so I took a Bic to it and have rarely looked back. A couple of times in the intervening years I've grown my hair back to different lengths, only to decide I prefer being bald.

I quit caring what other people think about the way I look a long time ago. I'd rather make myself happy and feel good in my skin, than try to make other people comfortable. My tattoos, my shaved head, my gauged ears, my kilts, even my beard have all made different people uncomfortable or unhappy at times. I don't care.

I have to live in my body, not anyone else. I don't have the time, energy or interest to let others decide for me how I'll dress or cut my hair or decorate my body.

I gravitate to and surround myself with people who don't have to see past my style to like me. They accept my style as an extension of my personality and love me for who I am. If people can't accept me, they aren't people. When strangers stop mattering, you stop noticing their reactions, which simply do not matter. In a few seconds, they'll be gone, but I'll still be me.

"And it's Alright now,
 I learned my lesson well,
 You can't please everyone,
 so you gotta please yourself" - Rick Nelson 
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #464 on: May 07, 2014, 03:14:04 PM »
For me, being smooth is a choice.  Perhaps I'll let it grow back sometime, but, like many others here, I'm content with the smooth look.  I know what I will look like every day, no messy hair when I wake up or when I go swimming.  I enjoy the daily shave.  So, yes, I do really like being bald, I guess!