Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 255771 times)

isleepinthebuff

Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #420 on: December 11, 2013, 01:11:09 PM »
Actually thinking about it I did find the haircut at the barbers relaxing. The queuing used to drive me mad.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #421 on: December 11, 2013, 04:47:33 PM »
Actually thinking about it I did find the haircut at the barbers relaxing. The queuing used to drive me mad.

I used to always find a hair cut pretty relaxing too.   But I do remember one time getting my hair cut by the "next available" person.   Nothing much to look at, breath like an ash tray... she was really rough with the brush and comb and attached my ear with the scissors!       :Xo!

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #422 on: December 11, 2013, 06:57:06 PM »
The barbershop I used to go to years ago was an old timey one. Yankee memorabilia, old toys displayed, pinball machines and old Mad magazines. I didn't mind waiting there. Lots of old guys I found interesting to talk to.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #423 on: December 11, 2013, 09:46:12 PM »
First, I love being clipper shaved, with an occasional razor shave here and there.  On the barber issue ...that I miss.  It's been a year since my last barber visit. I continued to use a barber much longer than I needed to, as I was taking my son, and it was a good father/son time.  But now he drives and takes care of haircuts himself....although he is not getting a super short cut, he does keep his hair short and well groomed, doing a #4 in the summer, and longer the rest of the year (so all the father/son visits were paid off).  Me...I vary between #1 to #000000 as the mood and seasons change.  My former barbershop was also an old fashioned, sports memorabilia oriented place, but unique in that one barber did appointments and the other did the walk-ins (so, if you knew that...no waiting); both barbers were young and into natural bodybuilding in a big way, so you could also get some workout advice while getting trimmed.  Pretty cool place....miss it a lot. 

Offline Aussie Sly Guy

• Sly Jr.
  • Sly Since March 2011
« Reply #424 on: December 13, 2013, 08:25:48 AM »
Do I really like being bald? Hmmmmm I'll have to say HELLZ YEAH!!!

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #425 on: December 16, 2013, 05:41:02 PM »
That incredibly smooth feeling of the scalp each morning after shaving is indescribable.

I'm totally comfortable being bald ... it's much more "me" than when I had hair.

I still stop in to chat with the Barber (actually, barberess) to catch up on news.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline kalva76

• Sly Jr.
  • Shaved head, full beard
Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #426 on: December 18, 2013, 11:28:44 PM »
Yeah, just over a month being bald and I love it. The feeling of running my hand over a freshly shaved dome is awesome. The freedom from the worry of an ever expanding forehead is pretty nice too. And for those really shiny spots? Well, let's make the whole dome shiny. I'm going all the way! ;)

Offline usmcpelon

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #427 on: December 19, 2013, 07:54:18 AM »
Going on 5 years being completely shaved bald.  I love it.  I have tried twice to let my hair grow out just to see how I look with hair but I only reach the first week and then I visit the barber shop for a freshly shaved head.  I just don't see myself with hair again, and I begin to miss it as soon as I stop shaving.  I'm bald by choice and I love it.

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #428 on: December 20, 2013, 02:02:35 PM »
Short answer: Hell yes!

More verbose answer: I loved having short, clippered buzz cut. The rough buzz felt great, and it helped solve a lot of issues with thinning hair. One day after sitting in the chair and have a close buzz, I went home and looked at myself and saw I was so close, I broke out the razor and completed the task I should have done YEARS before!

Not to mention the feeling of a smooth scalp is wonderful! Something I never expected I would think about - but it's true, it feels amazing.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #429 on: December 20, 2013, 02:12:25 PM »
Yes, I too love being bald. Been growing it back for a month now because of the extreme cold here. I was going to wait until March to shave again, but the 1/2" of hair does not keep me much warmer. I was thinking of a New Years Day shave, but now a problem has developed. My gal who in the past said she loved the bald look, and said I looked amazing, now decided she doesn't like me bald. Why do they change their mind so much? Well... I guess she will just have to be disappointed. I thought by now she would be used to it.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #430 on: December 20, 2013, 06:27:22 PM »
You've got the perfect head for the bald look. She's just forgotten. Once you shave, she'll remember how she  thought you looked amazing. Women are puzzling, aren't they?
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline DSCSK

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #431 on: December 27, 2013, 04:23:46 AM »
I'm 2 days in.

I love it  O:O

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #432 on: December 28, 2013, 09:07:44 AM »
I'm 2 days in.

Going bald at Christmas ?

Offline Roger

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #433 on: December 28, 2013, 12:51:58 PM »
I'm 2 days in.

Going bald at Christmas ?

Dude's a rebel...   C#)P

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #434 on: December 28, 2013, 01:57:45 PM »
Yes, I too love being bald. Been growing it back for a month now because of the extreme cold here. I was going to wait until March to shave again, but the 1/2" of hair does not keep me much warmer. I was thinking of a New Years Day shave, but now a problem has developed. My gal who in the past said she loved the bald look, and said I looked amazing, now decided she doesn't like me bald. Why do they change their mind so much? Well... I guess she will just have to be disappointed. I thought by now she would be used to it.

Damn, Reddog-- If you don't look good bald, there is no hope for the rest of us!!!!   I think she will come back around.. (again)... you will just have to shave it and let her feel it and remind her.   ;)

Enter your email address: