Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 256011 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #405 on: September 30, 2013, 10:24:02 AM »
I just can't even picture myself with hair anymore.  When I still had all or most of my hair I used to wonder what was like to shave it all off. Even if I hadn't had MPB I think I would have wanted to try it. Whether I would had the guts to actually go through with it is another matter.  But by now I think I probably would have settled on tight buzz cut. Hair is not something I miss at all.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #406 on: September 30, 2013, 02:27:49 PM »
I just can't even picture myself with hair

Razor X, I don't think anyone can picture you with hair. Guess, it's such an integral part of your appearance.

Mind you, I feel the same way. And as I approach nearly two years of being sly, it's occurred to me that many people have never seen me with hair. It's gone beyond a question of whether it suits me or not. I'm bald and that's that. :)

The beard has proved more controversial. And there's the secret piercing which I had done a few months ago to add to the collection. But that's another story.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 03:28:58 PM by Mr Jules »

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #407 on: September 30, 2013, 02:40:38 PM »
I just can't even picture myself with hair

The beard has proved more controversial. And there's the secret piercing which I done a few months ago to add to the collection. But that's another story.

Mr. Jules, I guess we will watch the appropriate thread for when you are ready to tell that story.  lol

Marshal S.

Re: Re: Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #408 on: September 30, 2013, 03:57:01 PM »
. . .there's the secret piercing which I had done a few months ago to add to the collection. But that's another story.

It's no secret anymore. . . ;)

I like being bald.  I liked having hair too.  The first time I shaved, I had a choice between the two.  This time, not so much. :-\  It looks better to have no hair now than the hair I would.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #409 on: October 01, 2013, 06:12:24 PM »
I agree with razor. Mike and the others. I now really like being bald and maintaining a nice smooth dome. I really feel good about it and it is me. Some people have a good full head of hair. I don't and I don't miss it. I like being bald. I feel good about it. I have gained a lot of confidence since I went sly. Now I don't really care what others think about how I look. I like it and that is what counts.

Offline ScribeGuy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #410 on: October 27, 2013, 12:00:43 AM »
My tagline is "Freedom from the tyranny of hair". What do you think I think about it? ;)

And I can't fathom someone being bothered by what little kids think (except their parents of course).

I agree completely!

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #411 on: October 27, 2013, 02:01:14 AM »
I concur completely...
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline jedge01

• Sly Jr.
  • Jim
« Reply #412 on: October 27, 2013, 08:34:07 AM »
I could have a full head of hair, if I stopped shaving. But I've been doing it so long now-12 years- I don't think I'd be able to stand it. If I go too long without shaving as it is, I go nuts. Nevermind that my son and grandchildren have never seen me with hair and likely wouldn't recognize me.   8)  I enjoy it. I used to worry about the looks I got, and some people would actually say things.. "you're a very scarey looking man", etc.. But I'm over it. They don't have to like it. It's my head, I'll do what I want to it.

Offline Krimson

• Sly
  • Things are not always what they seem to be
« Reply #413 on: November 06, 2013, 05:00:10 PM »
Thx to SBG i don't give a f.... what people think and i feel great.

Offline alexk15810

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #414 on: November 07, 2013, 08:02:29 AM »
I like having a shaved head just fine. I'd definitely like the option of growing out my hair if I ever desired. If I got all my hair back today though, I'd probably still buzz it really short. I've gotten used to it and it's really easy to take care of.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 08:05:43 AM by alexk15810 »

Offline Tracer

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #415 on: November 20, 2013, 08:32:12 PM »
The only thing I regret about shaving bald, is not doing it sooner. I spent a lot of my early twenties worrying about hairloss, so I would wear a hat or grow my hair long.. delaying the inevittable.. It's just so much easier being a man and not worrying about dumb stuff

People make fun of me all the time because of my hairloss, do i care? NOT A F CHANCE I have a good job, and a girlfriend of 2 years. Never in hell would I go back to shampooing and styling my hair. Anyone talking trash is mostly just jealous I'm confident enough to accept reality and move on with my life. You keep your hairgel and shampoo/ conditioner, that stuff is for girls anyways

Offline DannyBoy

• Sly
« Reply #416 on: December 09, 2013, 01:46:19 PM »
If i wasnt going bald i wouldnt shave it bald due to the fact im a lazy shaver i grow it out now (only to about a buzzcut length)...i didnt do anything with my hair i just let it grow until it was long cut it and repeat etc it was annoying if anything what was good about hair it kept my head warm...i like to have the option to have hair though but i dont hate being bald its easy to contain dont have to go to the hairdressers easy to clean etc.
It is only a problem if YOU make it a problem.

Slyest

Re:
« Reply #417 on: December 10, 2013, 06:54:36 AM »
I dont miss the Saturday afternoon queues in the barbers.  That was a pain

Offline EarlBald

• Super Sly
« Reply #418 on: December 10, 2013, 10:24:52 AM »
As someone who first started posting in, I believe, 2007 (and after a while stopped going on the website for several years), I probably hold the record as the world's longest fence-sitter.  On September 26 of this year, after shaving my head two months in a row but letting my hair start to grow back in between, I finally decided to give total baldness a long-term try.  Two months, two weeks, and still counting ... I've been pleasantly surprised that I haven't just accepted being bald, I've embraced it!  I love the feeling of a totally smooth scalp.  I thought that I'd shave my head once a week just to maintain it, but I'm now just shy of once a day.  As to growing what's left back?  Never say never, but I find myself wondering if I'm going to grow it out again, and then getting out my Headblade and Headslick.  So, the short answer to the question is, Yes, and unexpectedly so!

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #419 on: December 10, 2013, 05:24:27 PM »
I'm lazy like you, Danny Boy. I don't shave every day. In fact, right now I should probably be upstairs shaving. I never shave in the am since I cherish my sleep. And if I can fit in the gym, I'm rushing to work.

However, I do love the act of shaving. It really relaxes me. Before I was a member here, I never razor shaved - only clippers.

I do miss the barber somewhat. I found that ritual relaxing, too. But now I'll just get a message (when I can swing the expense!)
Bronx bald and bred!

Enter your email address: