Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 256004 times)

Offline antoniom

• Sly
Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #390 on: August 20, 2013, 08:06:34 PM »
I am cool with being sly

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
Re: Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #391 on: September 18, 2013, 07:43:52 AM »
Yes I do but can be lazy , would nt be a problem if I was permanently sly via a laser

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #392 on: September 18, 2013, 07:59:56 AM »
I love being sly, although the scalp needs a little more color to blend in better.

I was afraid, with a rather pronounced propensity to put things off, that I would get lax and let it grow out, but surprisingly the joy of the smooth head won me over and I make time to go/keep it sly every day.

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #393 on: September 18, 2013, 12:19:35 PM »
Actually the more I think about it the more I'd like a nice decent head of hair

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #394 on: September 18, 2013, 12:53:26 PM »
I've been alternating between sly and this(photo). Getting ready for winter in Minnesota. Not sure how long I can go without shaving!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #395 on: September 18, 2013, 05:53:01 PM »
As much as I like being smooth shaven, I must agree with Slyest; I would enjoy having a healthy head of hair.

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #396 on: September 19, 2013, 05:48:37 AM »

I think most of us in the thinning/receding hair "club" would agree with you, myself included. However, being smooth is enjoyable as well. I do spend more time and care for my scalp now than I did with hair, so that I hope also produces another positive aspect to shaving.

Offline DanO

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #397 on: September 19, 2013, 06:00:35 AM »

Same here.  That said, I feel a whole lot easier in myself being bald than I did when I was balding and fighting a loosing battle with it.

Offline Michael

• I Sly therefore I am!
  • Super Sly
  • Last year's Christmas Parade
« Reply #398 on: September 24, 2013, 11:45:51 PM »
Sly by choice. I started going sly a ways back as a result of too much drinking at my sisters wedding.  I remember the awesome feel of the wind on my head on the ride back home . I had my head out the car window like a dog! I have kept it off ever since! I totally love it, and in some ways it defines who I am.  Though I can grow my hair back, it is not who I am. I love the ritual of shaving, the splash of after shave or Witch Hazel, having my wife rub my dome... Good things!   I don't like the pain of whacking off a head lump, but that's life.  I find I have gotten more positive compliments on my looks now than I did before going sly. Bald truly is a beautiful way to be!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090223/sampd7548abedf90277d.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #399 on: September 29, 2013, 03:41:55 PM »
After years of stressing about my receding hair and trying to arrange it so it looked like I had more, I finally buzzed it real close.  Over the years, I cut it closer and closer and now I keep it down to a mere shadow.

When I finally made the decision to go all the way down, it was really liberating.  I stopped worrying about losing my hair and people got used to it.  My kids look at old pictures of me with hair and tell me I look better now.  I love the bald dome.  I always loved wearing hats but always worried about my hair.  Being bald is great - no hat hair and I just get up in the morning and don't have to worry about the whole hair routine.  It's awesome.

Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #400 on: September 29, 2013, 03:49:21 PM »
I sometimes dream that I've skipped a few shaves and ended up with a full head of hair again.  It's never a good feeling and I'm always desperate to shave it all off again.

I guess I'm in the minority on this but under no circumstances would I want a full head of hair again.  I greatly prefer being bald.  :)

Offline Michael

• I Sly therefore I am!
  • Super Sly
  • Last year's Christmas Parade
« Reply #401 on: September 30, 2013, 04:30:12 AM »
I sometimes dream that I've skipped a few shaves and ended up with a full head of hair again.  It's never a good feeling and I'm always desperate to shave it all off again.

I guess I'm in the minority on this but under no circumstances would I want a full head of hair again.  I greatly prefer being bald.  :)

I am with you! I have tried growing my hair back a couple of time over the past years, more on a lark than for anything else.  However, it just wasn't right! Much rather be sly.  Which is strange because it does seem to go against conventional wisdom, and I spend way more time and money on shaving products, etc. than I ever did on haircuts/shampoo... But to me it is totally worth it! ;)
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090223/sampd7548abedf90277d.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #402 on: September 30, 2013, 06:15:03 AM »
If I didn't like being bald I'd quit shaving. Admittedly, after 15 years, the colour would be vastly different but it would be there matching my 'stache. Thinner, I'm sure, but there. So, yeah, I like being bald. Next question.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #403 on: September 30, 2013, 09:05:31 AM »
There is nothing like a nice shiny dome   and any bald guy I talk to feels the same way - - - I wouldn't want hair if I  could grow it back.   Bald is clean, SEXY, and wonderful. 

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #404 on: September 30, 2013, 09:32:18 AM »
I would never want hair again either. I prefer the buff and go life style to the one that requires gels, sprays, combs and hair dryers.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields