Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 257139 times)

Offline AgeTwentyTwoBaldy

• More sly than a fox
  • Sly
  • Penn State's sly icon
Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #330 on: February 07, 2012, 09:03:40 PM »
This is only day 13 for me, but I like it.

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #331 on: February 07, 2012, 09:19:46 PM »
I'm BBC and I love it.  8)

Offline NESTYdPOGI

• Sly
« Reply #332 on: February 16, 2012, 07:18:18 PM »
I like being bald man! I can still grow full hair but i guess being bald suits me more... I'm beginning to like it more as i get compliments from people around me... You got to embrace the reality of sporting a bald style and carry it with confidence, and everythings follows... In fact others (officemates and peers) seek my advice whether they will be sly bald also O0

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #333 on: February 23, 2012, 06:44:57 PM »
I just made a month two days ago, and I can't believe that I am enjoying it. Then again, I was secretly considering doing it for a long while.
Once upon a time. The End.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #334 on: March 09, 2012, 03:23:36 PM »
Well there was a medical colleague i used to work with and he  was slybald and shaved alternate days he was over the moon with me when i regularly shaved every day it sort of gave him a bit of rivalry

Offline ZerroDefex

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #335 on: March 10, 2012, 05:21:42 PM »
I loved my long hair and always looked good with it, never would have shaved it off if my hairline hadn't been receding so rapidly that I was starting to look like Young Ben Franklin. Being bald was the preferable alternative.

Additionally I've been struggling with seborrheic dermatitis for the past year or so and nothing I tried was working. Shaving cured the itching practically overnight.

Amusingly there appears to be a curse on my family where he who looks good with long hair is doomed to lose it early. Every guy (including me) who wore their hair long in their teens to twenties has gone bald before 40 while those who never grew their hair out show no signs of MPB.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #336 on: March 11, 2012, 06:33:55 AM »
I love being bald. And it's great to say to myself "I am bald!"

Liked the looked from the very moment I had my first shave. 5 weeks later, cannot imagine going back to hair. It's not hair anymore, it's morning stubble which needs a good shave.

Being bald has motivated me too. I've lost weight - a slimmer face improves my bald appearance. I've got myself a new job - so my new office colleagues only see me as bald. None of them know, I only started shaving for 5 weeks.

Maintaining the bald look gets you into a good routine with getting your scalp ready and your own particularly shaving method. And best of all, the cold water rinse. Then your head is so smooth you can almost hear it squeak.

I recommend anyone who's thinking about shaving to go take the plunge. It's a great experience and gives you a brand new look. And all for 5-10 minutes in the bathroom with a razor.

I am bald. And bald is me.  :)

(picture attached of me when before I lost weight and before I went sly)

Offline bassman2112112

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #337 on: January 18, 2013, 05:25:29 AM »

I realize this topic has been dead for a while; but I figured I'd give my input to it =)

To be honest, my choice to shave my head was entirely impetuous - a decision made out of frustration during a period of depression.

To provide a quick backstory: I'd gotten tired of constantly trying to hide my receding hairline (NW3) under a hat. It's really frustrating being 22, in college, surrounded by NW0/1s everywhere, and watching your forehead seemingly get bigger every day. I'd managed to hide my receding hairline for years with really long hair in a "swept" haircut, but in another moment of depression (it has not been a good year) I decided to cut it short (why? I needed change). When I cut it short, I had that terrifying realization that "oh no, I can no longer hide this."

Anyways, that led to my eventual shavedown back in August.

My initial reaction was excitement at the change. No longer did I have to worry about people judging my receding hairline!!

But then came my self-confidence issues. I'm very pale, have a pretty big head, am fairly skinny (though I work out a lot, I can never put on much mass because of my metabolism) and have the largest Occipital Bun I've ever seen (complimented by an odd neck structure I've always had that curves along the back, giving me a fairly "gollum" type look from the profile). All of these factors converged, and I started wearing the hat every day again (still do, though I also still shave every day or two).

I dislike the idea of people seeing/judging me from the side. I know that it's irrational, and completely routed in my own issues in self-consciousness; but I think it comes with my past of having been bullied/emotionally abused.

Maybe someday I'll be more into the sly look; but as of right now I wish I had my long hair back. Even if I used it to hide, I had much more confidence back then.

I included a pair of pictures for reference haha.

Thanks for reading! Sorry it wasn't the most uplifting story; but hopefully things will improve.

Long hair

Sly

Offline slyjoe

• Sly
« Reply #338 on: January 18, 2013, 05:42:15 AM »
You look very good bald, and it would be a shame for you to not remain sly. But its what ever you want man. I love being bald. Ive been bald for 3 months now and i enjoy keeping it sly  8)
"Sly til the day I die"

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #339 on: January 18, 2013, 06:07:09 AM »

I realize this topic has been dead for a while; but I figured I'd give my input to it =)...

You look much, much better bald. Radically. Really. In your bald photo you don't look like you don't lack confidence -- in fact you look very confident so that may well be how you come across to most others.

If you want to "adjust" more quickly to the sly look then stop wearing the hat unless it is for practical sun/cold reasons. I reckon that it is important for us to show others what we are -- no point in hiding the rest of your life under a hat. In a relatively short time you'll become used to it and appreciate the beauty [physical and otherwise] of it.

When I have more time I'll post how I feel about being bald -- it's after midnight here now so it's off to bed for me.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 06:11:20 AM by Gary~ »

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #340 on: January 18, 2013, 01:07:18 PM »
Wow I cannot believe the difference in you! You look so much much better!

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #341 on: January 18, 2013, 01:09:15 PM »
The bald head is great and the beard is perfect!  O0

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #342 on: January 18, 2013, 04:24:50 PM »
Bassman, the sly look with the beard on you is great! 

Offline Bald Hobbit

• Sly
  • Previously known as Chris_John
« Reply #343 on: January 18, 2013, 04:58:45 PM »
With long hair, you look 17 and it's obvious you're hiding something. Without hair, you look 25, proffesional, and B.A..

Offline TxTa2Guy

• Sly Jr.
  • Bald By Choice since August 24, 2009
« Reply #344 on: January 21, 2013, 02:35:54 PM »
Bassman, you have now got your shaving routine straightened out. You had been shaving the wrong part of your head! I was a long-hair who would not move on from the sixties until I decided to shave my head to get it tattooed, but I will always keep a beard.

Men should shave everything above their eyes and behind their ears. We should leave most of the hair below the eyes and in front of their ears.

I think it is weird that custom dictates men shave their face and cultivate their scalp hair and think that those who don't shave the "right" part of their hair are strange!