Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 255998 times)

Offline The Original Chewmiester

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Sly isn't just a style, it's a way of life.
Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #315 on: January 05, 2012, 02:19:06 PM »
Being Bald is great...I really enjoy it...plus I don't have to wake up with cowlicks in the morning like I used when I had hair...:D

Offline KDusk

• Sly
« Reply #316 on: January 09, 2012, 11:55:01 AM »
I'm loving it!!! A couple of weeks ago, every time I looked in the mirror, I felt like sh*t (2 months ago back when I had hair and right after shaving it for the first couple of times). Today I went to the restroom in school and while washing my hands I looked into the mirror and I busted myself on thinking to myself "Well hey there, handsome." It was quite funny.

Also, 2 months ago I felt really insecure about it. 2 months ago I was 'bald', today I am 'masculine, mature and confident'. 2 months ago I missed my hair and I promised I would grow it back out, today I shave every other day because I feel uneasy when I'm not shaved. So yes, I can honestly say: I like being bald.

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
« Reply #317 on: January 09, 2012, 05:57:26 PM »
 :)

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #318 on: January 09, 2012, 08:05:46 PM »
As my 30 days is up today, I can honestly say without a doubt that I love it :) I not checking out my scalp for balding anymore, I'm now checking out my shiny dome instead which i prefer.

Offline Keith183

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #319 on: January 12, 2012, 08:01:45 PM »
I don't know if it is just me but during my teenage years I have always been fascinated with shaved heads. I would imagine being shaved and how awesome it would feel. I never had the guts until I got my college degree and started working. Once I shaved my head, there was no going back. I just don't like being bald....I LOVE BEING BALD  O0
I, too, was facinated with being bald. I'm glad I started thinning to give the reason to do it. And...I love it

Slynito

« Reply #320 on: January 12, 2012, 09:41:38 PM »

O0  O0  O0  O0

Offline LAGLE

• Proud To Be Bald By Choice (BBC)
  • Sly
  • Hooah
    • Army Blog
« Reply #321 on: January 14, 2012, 10:26:56 AM »
I'm 20, and love being bald, i choose to shave my head myself, and could careless if anyone hates it.

Offline Cris

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Intermittently Bald By Choice
« Reply #322 on: January 19, 2012, 08:57:25 PM »
Or did you just learn to like it, because you had MPB/ thinning hair?  If I could have a full head of hair, I wouldn't shave my head.  I also don't like it when people stare at me (especially little kids)... it makes me feel uncomfortable and I wonder if they are thinking bad stuff about me.  How do you feel about shaving your head?  Perhaps if I was older, it wouldn't be such a big deal... but I'm 22 and it seems like I'm one of the very few with no hair.
It's not what you "wear" but "as" you wear it.

Slynito

« Reply #323 on: January 20, 2012, 08:12:49 AM »
Excellent point, Cris.

Offline Cris

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #324 on: January 26, 2012, 08:44:16 PM »
I love being bald. I have decided that after I get a new vehicle I am going to save up for laser treatments (I figure it will only be a months worth of work if that). I am getting so excited. I am ready to be bald permanently. I still remember being a small child (around the age of 4) and admiring my uncles bald head then when I would see a bald head I thought how cool it looked and as others have said so futuristic. I dont shave daily because of the irritation I get on the back of my neck. When I have that horrible morning stubble that sticks to my blanket as I wake up it makes me hate hair even more. Sure I like shaving but I figure I spend about an hour a week shaving (every other day) which is time I could be using on something better. Plus about $20-30 a month on shaving stuff, I like to think of that $30 as 30 chicks or half of a new fishtank or even 10 gallons of gas. In a ear that is about $360 which could buy alot like 360 little egg laying chicks, 3 tons of poultry feed (a few years supply), there are tons of other things I could be spending that money on. Plus the 56 hours a year of shaving, thats almost 2 1/2 days, thats a weekend at the lake, lol.

So yes I love being bald but the time and money which seems like alittle when viewed per month but when added up its alot. I hate hair and never liked it, I never really found a cut I liked other than Sly and no 'normal' haircut ever really looked good on me. Like others have said we all want what we dont have. Guys with MPB want their hair back, BBC guys wish they had MPB. Kinda like women with strait hair want curly and women with curly hair want strait.
What a fantastic, deep post.
Such a profound, intelligent human being.
Hats off.

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #325 on: January 27, 2012, 05:43:33 AM »
There's a difference between being bald and shaving your head. Twenty years ago when I first shaved my head, I was a part time anchor on network television and had a full head of hair. That was on Friday. On Monday I look as I do today save that my face is older. One great thing about a shaved head is that it never ages. Would I do it again? Sure. But that would involve the rather tedious process of letting it grow out which I would not do.

Offline SCjay

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #326 on: January 29, 2012, 12:30:16 PM »
To be honest I dont really like being bald. I shave because I would look worse if I didnt. I dont like standing out with a bald head when everyone else has hair. Im just trying to get more buff and am going to Florida for spring break in March so hopefully that along with the added weight will give me some confidence in myself, but as of right now its lacking.

Offline Cris

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #327 on: January 29, 2012, 07:18:49 PM »
To be honest I dont really like being bald. I shave because I would look worse if I didnt. I dont like standing out with a bald head when everyone else has hair. Im just trying to get more buff and am going to Florida for spring break in March so hopefully that along with the added weight will give me some confidence in myself, but as of right now its lacking.
Well I think there are many other that thinks like you, here but do not "come out" because of the, you know, "bald pride, bald brotherhood" and so on.
If you want I can give you my hair, in fact I am the opposite of you, I have hair but cut 'em frequently 'cause inside me I see myself as bald.
Anyway I have to correct you about the "everyone else has hair" thing.
"Everyone else" who? :)
Statistically, two thirds of men have androgenetic alopecia.
So you're in good and vast company ;)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 07:22:02 PM by Cris »

Offline SCjay

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #328 on: January 30, 2012, 07:55:42 AM »
I meant everyone else in college has hair. Sure Ill see guys from time to time who are balding but 100% of my friends have hair. I know as I get older this will get easier as I see more and more people losing their hair.

Offline kevin

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #329 on: January 30, 2012, 03:54:55 PM »
To be honest, no I don't like it. I have dark hair almost black, but pale skin and blue eyes and when I am sly I look a bit ill but what can I do, not much really when I'm thinning and rceding too.