Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 255867 times)

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #270 on: April 15, 2011, 04:59:44 PM »
No, I hate the fact that I'm balding/almost bald. I hate it.

Waaah waah, keep on crying about it. You're whining is pathetic  :'(

Offline MorbidLullaby

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #271 on: April 15, 2011, 08:50:50 PM »

Not as pathetic as bullying someone, especially when they're down.  Are people not allowed to respond honestly to a direct question?  Your attitude makes me sick.  Actually, generally speaking, people like you make me sick. 

It has been worth coming out of lurkerdom to tell you what an a$$hole you are.  After seeing what kind of person frequents this forum, I doubt I'll be back.  Have fun picking on the downtrodden, dick.

Offline Goldy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #272 on: April 15, 2011, 08:53:59 PM »
I really do like being bald. Why stress over something in the long run that's so trivial, and something you can't really do anything about?

I fought it for a long time, but one day I decided to get rid of the scraps I had left, and I instantly felt so much better about the way I looked I was almost mad at myself for not doing it so much sooner. It's really silly looking back.

I can't tell you how many people I knew from before that have said I looked 5-10 years younger, and how many people who've met me since I've shaved it off that say "I can't even picture you having hair".  It's just who I am now.

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #273 on: April 16, 2011, 09:32:48 AM »

You're always onto me like it was a personal insult towards you that I feel bad about MY balding. I don't get this namecalling, I bet you wouldn't like it if I called you a fatty?

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #274 on: April 16, 2011, 12:40:30 PM »

Looking at some of your images it does`nt look like your losing any hair . ! ?   ???
 But if you are , get rid of that stupid avatar , put up your image , and be part of  
 "  The Few - The Proud - The Marines "  o wait , thats the wrong saying , how bout this ,
  " The Few - The Proud - The Bald " ......................

Offline Mike_412

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #275 on: April 16, 2011, 04:41:23 PM »
1st off, I'd like to nominate myself as the dumbest sly guy out there.   Reason being is that I fall for the ant trick like the poster above me has in his signature every time.

2nd, I love being bald and always have.  It's given me a confidence I didn't know existed.  I love the act of shaving every day.  I love the smooth feel of my head when I'm done.  I love the head rubs.  I love it all.

One other thing I love is the camaraderie that exists amongst sly men.  Not just on this site, but out in public as well.  Sharing tips, trading compliments, etc.  I think it's excellent.

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #276 on: April 16, 2011, 05:40:14 PM »

OK, here's the scoop.  Yep Yep has been a member of this forum for five years.  He still hates his hair loss.  It's practically all he ever posts about, so it's apparent why he isn't treated so well.

Embrace the sly!  O0

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

marty22

« Reply #277 on: April 16, 2011, 07:55:07 PM »
welcome!

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #278 on: April 17, 2011, 01:33:50 AM »
OK, here's the scoop.  Yep Yep has been a member of this forum for five years.  He still hates his hair loss.  It's practically all he ever posts about, so it's apparent why he isn't treated so well.

Embrace the sly!  O0

Red

Oh I didn't realize that criticism isn't allowed on this forum. It should be like "yaaaww I'm bald I love the horseshoe, why don't everyone shave a toilet seat on their head it's so cool!?".

Looking at some of your images it does`nt look like your losing any hair . ! ?   ???
 But if you are , get rid of that stupid avatar , put up your image , and be part of 
 "  The Few - The Proud - The Marines "  o wait , thats the wrong saying , how bout this ,
  " The Few - The Proud - The Bald " ......................

Oh yes I am balding, been balding for years. Not every balding man's hair receedes, some of us get the diffuse thinning all over top of our heads. Pictures taken from a far and in dim lighting don't do this type of hairloss justice. Infact it's pretty bad, can't be grown out.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 03:33:02 AM by yep_yep »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #279 on: April 17, 2011, 07:43:48 AM »
Yep Yep, what exactly is it that you expect from us?  What do you hope to accomplish when you visit this site?  It's not that we're not willing to help you -- we have been and still are, but a certain amount of effort is required on your part as well.  I'm hard pressed to think of a single instance in nearly five years where you haven't responded negatively to whatever advice or feedback you've received.

There have been countless guys who were your age or younger when they first showed up here, with the same feelings and concerns that you've expressed.  In a relatively short amount of time, the vast majority of them have learned to make the best of their situation, come to terms with it, and get on with their lives.  Yet, nearly five years after your initial arrival, you've made no measurable progress at all.

I'm not saying that you have to love being bald or look forward to further hair loss, but you do have arrive at some cloture on the subject.  Instead of rejecting out of hand every solution that is offered to you, why not weigh your options and go with the best -- or the least unacceptable -- one?  You're 28 years old, which is old enough where some level of maturity can be expected, and old enough to understand that we don't always get everything we want in this world. 

The ball's in your court.  Are you going to try to move forward or are you going to waste another five years wallowing in self pity?  Your choice.   

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #280 on: April 17, 2011, 12:27:43 PM »
Razor X,

Well said.

Take care.

Joe

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #281 on: April 17, 2011, 03:03:17 PM »
Agreeing with Razor X and baldjoeg...

Enough said...life and the time we get is too precious to waste on negative thoughts and behavior...

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #282 on: April 18, 2011, 09:51:41 PM »
Sorry I don't sugarcoat everything guys'. Razor is absolutely correct, and I may have said it the same way had I thought it out. lol.   ;)

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #283 on: April 18, 2011, 09:53:45 PM »

Not as pathetic as bullying someone, especially when they're down.  Are people not allowed to respond honestly to a direct question?  Your attitude makes me sick.  Actually, generally speaking, people like you make me sick. 

It has been worth coming out of lurkerdom to tell you what an a$$hole you are.  After seeing what kind of person frequents this forum, I doubt I'll be back.  Have fun picking on the downtrodden, dick.
Nice first post A-hole, who needs ya?  :/O

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #284 on: April 23, 2011, 10:01:47 PM »
I LOVE BEING BALD. and i could care LESS if anybody don't like it. I've accepted it.  :@` O0

Enter your email address: