Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 256563 times)

Offline football guy

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #255 on: November 11, 2010, 04:38:36 AM »
i shaved my head smooth for the first time a few months ago. i love it and i'd never grow it back. like heaps of guys in here i wish i'd done it sooner. Plus my girlfriend really digs the look so thats settled it for me!

Offline rcg5227

• Sly
« Reply #256 on: November 12, 2010, 11:05:08 PM »
If I could still grow hair, I know I wouldn't be shaving my head. The horseshoe growing on top of my head looks hideous.  Everyone tells me the forming horseshoe does so. I get told all the time I look better bald because of MBP.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/100913/samp9b3884feb623b6eb.jpg[/img] [/url]

---"The greatest action is not conforming to the world's ways."---

Offline J.J.

• Sly
« Reply #257 on: November 13, 2010, 08:45:27 AM »
Back to the Sly Brotherhood after a 2-month break from shaving.  It was the longest I'd gone without a headshave in many years.  I knew I'd be back though....lol

« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 06:46:02 PM by J.J. »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #258 on: November 13, 2010, 09:00:19 AM »
How did you manage to live with that for two months, J.J.?   I crossed the bridge from BBC to severe MPB some time ago and I'm to the point where I don't even like to skip one day anymore. 

Offline J.J.

• Sly
« Reply #259 on: November 13, 2010, 09:59:19 AM »
Razor - Oddly, I was very fascinated with the evolution of the mpb, since I didn't have *any* when I started shaving way back when, and I wanted to see what it looked like all grown out with the fringe.  I actually didn't mind it.  I will let it grow again someday, no doubt, and then shave smooth.  I get bored with one look.  Now I know I can tolerate sporting either form of baldness.  One way or the other, I'm bald.  I've always been comfortable with that natural consequence of ever-advancing maturity.  

« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 09:19:18 PM by J.J. »

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #260 on: November 13, 2010, 10:12:15 AM »
Well, it was, or maybe is, a nice full beard.  Clearly you look a lot more healthy without the bozo ring--it makes a guy look tired, worked to the bone, JMO. 

Offline J.J.

• Sly
« Reply #261 on: November 13, 2010, 10:35:05 AM »
Well, it was, or maybe is, a nice full beard. 

Thanks!  The beard will be back, too.  Like I say, I needed a change up.  The shaved-head-goat look is vintage!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #262 on: November 13, 2010, 10:47:03 AM »
Razor - Oddly, I was very fascinated with the evolution of the mpb, since I didn't have *any* when I started shaving way back when, and I wanted to see what it looked like all grown out with the fringe.  I actually didn't mind it.

I'm sort of in the same boat; I've never seen my fringe grown all the way out, either.  But I've never been able to stand it for more than a day or two.  Went about a week once a few years ago when I was sick.  When I skip a day now, I still find it to be a strange sensation to have stubble in the horseshoe area and still be mostly smooth on top.

marty22

« Reply #263 on: November 13, 2010, 11:23:50 AM »
JJ: You look 5 years younger.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #264 on: November 14, 2010, 09:37:26 PM »
I am kind of curious to see how much my fringe has developed too.  I can feel that I am not slick bald on top yet.  But the fringe is noticable enough that a friend said he could see why I shaved it off.  But I feel if I grow it back, there will be enough hair where some will pressure me to keep it grown.

BaldBradley

« Reply #265 on: November 14, 2010, 09:46:42 PM »
I wish I would have shaved my head earlier, its a nice look for me IMO.

Offline Elxar

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #266 on: February 20, 2011, 03:08:38 AM »
Honestly I like myself better with hair but since MPB hit my head and I dont want to sport a horse shoe so I rather go shave it and go bald all the way ;D.

Offline K J

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #267 on: April 10, 2011, 04:50:25 PM »
Hi KJ Here,

Yes I love being bold and I Don't have MPB, I just can't find the right haircut so I shave it all off.

KJ

Offline Jimlog

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #268 on: April 14, 2011, 04:08:41 AM »
Yup- love being bald! Its hot!

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #269 on: April 15, 2011, 11:14:45 AM »
No, I hate the fact that I'm balding/almost bald. I hate it.