Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 255815 times)

sluggo

Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2009, 09:56:32 AM »
I've been BBC for over a year now and will never go back. I hate haircuts and am getting laser as soon as I can scrape the funds together.

Offline sellitman

• "Shiny"
  • Sly
  • Love My Henson Ti-22 Safety Razor!!!
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2009, 10:40:31 AM »
Mother Nature provided the hint and I finally got smart enough to understand just what the heck she was talking about.

$#3
"There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!"- Frank Zappa

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2009, 02:02:50 PM »
Mother Nature provided the hint and I finally got smart enough to understand just what the heck she was talking about.
Very well said! I feel the same.
Ach du meine Nase!

marty22

« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2009, 04:44:23 PM »
Sluggo: Save up at least a grand. Results may not be perfect.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2009, 09:54:21 PM »
I think I would love to actually be bald. I mean Ami James bald, when you only have the side hair left. I look at my dad and his perfectly tan bald head and I hope I'll be reaching that stage pretty soon.

I'm almost to that point, but I've still got just enough hair left on top to be a nuisance.  I'd love not to have to shave the top of my head.  I'm still having some skin issues up there.  I don't think it's caused by the razor, but it's probably not helping, either.   :(

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2009, 09:56:06 PM »
Truth be known, I would enjoy a full head of hair.  However, I have accepted that I don't.  Now I love being bald - I love when people look at that shine on my head.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2009, 10:08:12 PM »
Truth be known, I would enjoy a full head of hair.  However, I have accepted that I don't.  Now I love being bald - I love when people look at that shine on my head.

I really wouldn't want to go back to the hassle of having hair -- and I bet a lot of guys who think they'd like to have a full head of hair would feel the same way if they ever got their wish. 

Offline Weevil

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2009, 05:21:40 AM »
I'm almost to that point, but I've still got just enough hair left on top to be a nuisance.  I'd love not to have to shave the top of my head.  I'm still having some skin issues up there.  I don't think it's caused by the razor, but it's probably not helping, either.   :(

Yeah exactly. Somehow I've found that the skin on top is a lot more subject to irritation and other skin problems, no matter which razor I use.

benmcd

« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2009, 07:55:34 AM »
My preference is definately to be bald. I shaved my head about 10 years ago and that was the start of it. Time and nature have now had some input and I have some MPB going on. Careful what you wish for, but I will say that even though my preference is to be smooth it is also a realization that you one day will no longer have the choice in the matter. But I figure I won't have any issues living with it.

Offline Chromeskull

• Sly Guy in Training
  • I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
« Reply #144 on: July 14, 2009, 03:18:26 PM »
I am BBC and love being bald. It makes a statement. To me it says "Hey look at me, I don't have to be like you" The next time someone is staring at you and ya feel paraniod, think of it that way. You don't have to be like them "Ignorant"
I'm smooth (my head is anyway) If you aren't smooth figuratively speaking, let everyone know that you are literally smooth on top.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #145 on: July 14, 2009, 03:27:43 PM »
I've previously expressed my "attitude" about this thread.  But, on the process of "balding" as experienced by a guy w/ mpb, I share my brothers' impatience with getting the process over with.  I know it's not enough to grow, but it's more than enough to shave.  Although I enjoy the experience of shaving bc of the great sensation of a freshly shaved scalp, I too wish what is left in those areas alopecia androgenica ultimately will clean up would just go away.  I don't really want to do the laser route, my skin doctor hasn't encouraged my one inquiry about zapping the remainder, and because grey/white is becoming my hair color for the remainder--it probably wouldn't eliminate shaving.  
Ultimately it's like the hairs in my nose and on my ears, it's become a grooming issue that is--removal, not styling.  I can't go around with nose hairs and hairy ears, nor can I let the wisps and scraps of my hair on my scalp grow--for my own self respect, primarily.  I wish they were gone, but I know they won't.  So I use every means available to remove this reminder of Darwinian selection.  

Offline MadMatty

• Sly Guy in Training
  • against the grain, thats insane!
« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2009, 12:00:46 AM »
i love it i have mpb to the first time i went sly i new this was for me, if i had a full head it still do it if feels great

Offline G8

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #147 on: July 19, 2009, 03:58:01 PM »
It's too early for me to comment as I've only been completely bald for 2 days now, I normally have a full head of unruly grey hair, and so far to be honest I prefer my new look.   O:O

Mind you I am fortunate that 'IF' I were to decide I no longer want to be sly, I can just let it grow back out to my fuzzy grey usual haircut (Don King springs to mind).  ;D

Offline parky

• Ian Parkinson
  • Sly Jr.
  • Back being sly again
    • Ian Parkinson's Home Page
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2009, 01:12:00 PM »
Well I'm BBC and love it.
To be honest I wish I did have MPB as it would make my life easier (no shadow).
I may lose more hair as my father has MPB.

Offline MadMatty

• Sly Guy in Training
  • against the grain, thats insane!
« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2009, 10:04:20 PM »
LOVE IT, now matter what age you lose your hair its a big deal & people are always gonna react strangely even though its the 00's. I to have mpb if i had a full head i would still shave.