Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 255991 times)

PE#1

Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2008, 02:18:13 PM »
This thread has always sort of "p_ssed" me off because I don't have a choice.  What I have would be to go around w/ wisps on the top, a spot in the front, and a fringe--and there's no way I like that, no way or worse a toupe.  So when I cleaned up and went sly it was a physical manifestation of my acceptance of my impending profound baldness--and I had long ago decided that I wouldn't go "gently into that bad _ssed night."  Going beyond balding to bald is the cure in my opinion and I believe the opinion of the vast majority of MPB guys on this site.  Now I can understand Lance's statement, " I just have my times where I kind of wish I had the choice between the two" but I just don't go there because it's a totally futile exercise.  It's not real, it's almost some type of "haircut masterbation."  It's gone, the hair time of my life is over, it's not coming back and I accept that.  For nearly 14 months I haven't had to torture myself about the look of the "do" and I'm happy.  I wish others didn't have to do this constant and futile reexamination of their pre-Sly days.  Freedom, NOW. 
Okay, this rant is over, you can now control your screen.

Well said man.   O0  I totally understand where you and the rest of the guys are coming from by basically saying, "Just let it go."  Thanks for sharing.   O0

Offline BaldBen

• Super Sly
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2008, 02:41:30 PM »

When I use to have hair back in my 20's I had a full head of hair.  When I look back at pictures of me then I think I looked really good.  Very handsome.  But then mother nature stepped in and so I gave the bald look a try.  I like that too.  There are times depending on what I wear, how I'm feeling that day, or how my "skin tone" looks that I think I look really damn good bald.  But there are some times I do think my best look was when I had a full head of hair. I just have my times where I kind of wish I had the choice between the two.   
Lance you're not the only one that has those moments of regret about being bald. In fact I believe everyone here that is NOT BBC has those moments, no matter what they say.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin

Offline JohnC

• Learning the way of Sly
  • 12-19-08
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2008, 05:12:49 PM »
I feel thats it is the best hair cut in years.. And alot of people i meet love it. And going to KEEP IT!!!  O0

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2008, 05:34:34 PM »
I may sound like a broken record, but I LOVE being bald
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2008, 06:47:02 PM »
I gotta tell ya guys, I LOVE being bald. Admittedly I am BBC, I do have the choice and I have stayed sly pretty much constantly for over 2 years now (with the brief exception of a mohawk). Every time I look back at picture of myself with hair (of which there are many, cause I have played music in bands for over 10 years, so we have lots of performance and promo pics) I just love my shaven head all the more.

I talk to guys and gals all the time who have so much anxiety about their hair. the cut, color, style, texture, it just goes on and on. I gotta tell you I just feel such a sense of freedom and relief in knowing that I look consistently good, smooth, clean and I must say, stylish at all times with a minimum of effort.

I'm just sayin' I choose it and I love it.  ;D
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline meanderthal

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2008, 06:52:08 PM »
I absolutely love the feeling of being bald. It looks better and feels great in wind (just not this Upstate New York frigid wind). I've posted elsewhere that i can't shave daily, or else i'll break out... but I keep on tryin' - it's worth it.

marty22

« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2008, 07:54:38 AM »
best thing I ever did; getting rid of old tranplants and lasering the top and some of the sides n back. I wish I had done this 25 years ago before I went gray and got tp;s.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2008, 10:55:13 AM »
I may sound like a broken record, but I LOVE being bald

I'm going to echo the Pen on this ; Yes, I love it, nothing like the smooth, clean noggin'!

Offline Turk

• SBG Ambassador To The Youth!
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #128 on: November 22, 2008, 02:02:36 PM »
Don't know how many people can claim this...
I'm 16 and a junior in high school, and I've been shaving my head for about 2 months now. It's not just the uniqueness that makes it awesome, but the feel and style as well. As far as WHY, definitely due to the arched hairline, but I guess I'm still BBC. I don't mind though!

Bald > Hair.
I read the news today, oh boy. 4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire. Vandalism much?

baldy46

« Reply #129 on: November 24, 2008, 08:20:25 AM »
I love being bald.  Love the feel.  Love the look.  Wish my wife liked it better.  I'm slick bald again after letting my hair grow for the past month.  I noticed the MPB getting worse and I just couldn't stand the hair.  So I shaved it all off again. 

Offline Riverrstone

« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2009, 01:47:12 AM »
If I could do life over, and I was in the days when I had full head of hair, I'd have that mop mowed down to a smooth scap as soon as I could get my hands on some clippers.

Offline Thebaldnation

• wanting to bring our Bald community closer together
  • Sly
    • ThebaldNation
« Reply #131 on: July 04, 2009, 12:26:44 PM »
i have been bald for the better part of ten years and i couldnt imagine having hair again. Sure, i get lazy and might go 2-3 days max before shaving again, but by then im going crazy, im bald by choice and before i went bald i had long hair, so i guess you could say from one extreme to another. Dont let other people make decisions for you, not everyone will like your bald head, then of course, not everyone will like your haircuts either! be true to yourself and what you like, you can get endless support from these guys on this site whenever you need it, and trust me once you go SLY you will never go back
<!-- Facebook Badge START --><a href="http://www.facebook.com/people/Baldguy-Thebaldnationsbest/1827707468" title="Baldguy Thebaldnationsbest" target="_TOP" style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-
[url=http

Offline Weevil

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2009, 04:38:45 AM »
I think I would love to actually be bald. I mean Ami James bald, when you only have the side hair left. I look at my dad and his perfectly tan bald head and I hope I'll be reaching that stage pretty soon.

Offline tyrspawn

« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2009, 09:44:44 PM »
The thing that bothers me is that my hair grows back so quickly. I'll trade your guy's MPB for my fast growing hair.

P.S. I like being bald.

Offline DaDi

• Sly
  • The 1st sly member in SBG from Greece!
« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2009, 01:56:53 AM »
Nope I dont like it (but my hair dont like me too  :D )
 :-X
Yea, right...