Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 255918 times)

Hairisforgirls

Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2008, 05:11:17 PM »
I don't like it, but I don't hate it either. I've accepted it as a fact of life. I'd love to at least have the option of having long hair, even if I'd have short hair anyway. The only time it sometimes annoys me is when I read comments by women my own age that they'd never date a bald/balding man. Some people will call those types of women shallow, but I don't think that's fair. It's just their personal preference. There are some types of women I wouldn't date because I just don't consider them attractive e.g. overweight women.

Offline ripped53

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2008, 08:00:24 PM »
Or did you just learn to like it, because you had MPB/ thinning hair?  If I could have a full head of hair, I wouldn't shave my head.  I also don't like it when people stare at me (especially little kids)... it makes me feel uncomfortable and I wonder if they are thinking bad stuff about me.  How do you feel about shaving your head?  Perhaps if I was older, it wouldn't be such a big deal... but I'm 22 and it seems like I'm one of the very few with no hair.

I was in the same situation....My hair was thinning something aweful when I was 22.  I shaved it off when I was 22 and haven't looked back.  The baldy fits me, and even though my MPB is very apparent the look is the best thing for me.
Sly and Shiny......Ingrown hairs are my enemy....

Offline timorousme

• Sly Jr.
    • I Make Music With Game Boys and Segas
« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2008, 02:01:49 PM »
I started losing my hair in middle school, so I really have no idea what I would look like with a full head of hair.

If I did have a full head of hair, I probably would not be BBC simply because it wouldn't be something that would cross my mind, but I truly do love it now that it happened.

TwistedLefty

« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2008, 07:29:02 AM »
started balding in my early 20's, accepted it, moved on, later decided to shave.
no plans on going back to the "shoe"
wife likes it, kids could care less, friends and family are supportive.
what's not to like?

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2008, 07:40:32 AM »
I don't like it, but I don't hate it either. I've accepted it as a fact of life. I'd love to at least have the option of having long hair, even if I'd have short hair anyway. The only time it sometimes annoys me is when I read comments by women my own age that they'd never date a bald/balding man. Some people will call those types of women shallow, but I don't think that's fair. It's just their personal preference. There are some types of women I wouldn't date because I just don't consider them attractive e.g. overweight women.

The only time it sometimes annoys me is when I read comments by women my own age that they'd never date a bald/balding man.

Its been my experience those women are talking about the whispy doo or horseshoe, not a shaved dome. The dislike I see on Match.com the most is "long hair". Go figure.  :*))
---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2008, 07:49:46 AM »
And yes, I like being bald. I do like the look and I definitely like the confidence it's given me. That's all retrospective though.

I don't like that my hair was falling out and turning very gray, but more often than not that comes with being a man. I'm sure women don't really like menstrual cycles either. 

I keep it as stubble half the time and dig the look so if I had a full head of hair I'd at least have it buzzed close to nothing. 
---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

Offline hotrn

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2008, 10:05:34 AM »
i am bbc and i love it!!! 8)
There's a bald hearted dude waiting to get out!

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2008, 10:55:57 AM »
NO: I DONT LIKE BEING BALD! :Xo!

!B@ I LOVE IT!  8)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 10:59:03 AM by Rob »

marty22

« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2008, 12:09:57 PM »
Long time to get used to it...................at this stage it's the only way to go.

Offline sonshine

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2008, 04:16:22 PM »
Twenty-four days since shaving the hair I had left and it's one of the best decisions I've made in my life. I will make the thirty

day mark and won't look back. It's my noggin and I love it.  :)

Offline BruceWillisJunior

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2008, 04:33:52 AM »
Do I like being bald, well , I've gotten used to it, I've been shaving my head smooth bald for almost 7 years, I'm 32 yrs. old and at first I was depressed and wore a cap in public for the first 3 or 4 months then as I would wear my cap less and less I would get people telling me that I looked good bald and my confidence boosted and I just got used to it, I've accepted it, as long as I have what I need to keep smooth shaven then I'm fine with being bald.

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2008, 08:35:42 AM »
Evidentually I like the bald look.  I am on my second month of shaving.  In my case, I always hated my full head of hair.  Since going bald, by choice, friends and family told me I had a great head of hair.  Bull S---!  I hated it.  Just my personal choice.  If you don't like it, just say so once.  Don't dwell on the matter.  My appearance has not changed who I am.  I am still me under the chrome.  I love chrome on my car, why not my head! lol
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2008, 09:06:00 AM »
Evidentually I like the bald look.  I am on my second month of shaving.  In my case, I always hated my full head of hair.  Since going bald, by choice, friends and family told me I had a great head of hair.  Bull S---!  I hated it.  Just my personal choice.  If you don't like it, just say so once.  Don't dwell on the matter.  My appearance has not changed who I am.  I am still me under the chrome.  I love chrome on my car, why not my head! lol

That's just how I feel.  although I was receding, I could still grow a full head of hair.  But it isnt how others see you, its how YOU feel YOURSELF that counts.  I've been far more 'happy in my skin' since going sly, and I am a lot more confident and outgoing than I was before i shaved.  That HAS to be better than feeling self-concious and second-rate and always striving for 'something' - some look that i felt happy with.  Now I've found it and it's what i should have done years ago.  I don't see myself anywhere else but sly 8)

Offline Mclovin

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2008, 11:43:18 AM »
Yea I love this shine of a dome, and to the others who are just doing it cause you have no other choice, I am sad for you. This is America and we are all free and maybe some of you are not free of the presuures of fitting in. To the rest of you who love the idea that hair odes not define the MAN, I WISH YOU ALL THE LOVE THAT A REAL BROTHER CAN.
United we are all storng

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2008, 02:10:15 PM »
This thread has always sort of "p_ssed" me off because I don't have a choice.  What I have would be to go around w/ wisps on the top, a spot in the front, and a fringe--and there's no way I like that, no way or worse a toupe.  So when I cleaned up and went sly it was a physical manifestation of my acceptance of my impending profound baldness--and I had long ago decided that I wouldn't go "gently into that bad _ssed night."  Going beyond balding to bald is the cure in my opinion and I believe the opinion of the vast majority of MPB guys on this site.  Now I can understand Lance's statement, " I just have my times where I kind of wish I had the choice between the two" but I just don't go there because it's a totally futile exercise.  It's not real, it's almost some type of "haircut masterbation."  It's gone, the hair time of my life is over, it's not coming back and I accept that.  For nearly 14 months I haven't had to torture myself about the look of the "do" and I'm happy.  I wish others didn't have to do this constant and futile reexamination of their pre-Sly days.  Freedom, NOW. 
Okay, this rant is over, you can now control your screen.