Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 255161 times)

Offline Gump

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2008, 09:37:16 AM »
I love the feel of being sly

I would like to have the choice though

marty22

« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2008, 09:58:16 AM »
I agree with u Gump. SOme of us just dont have the choice.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2008, 01:15:08 PM »
I agree with u Gump. SOme of us just dont have the choice.

Or the other option is not very desireable.... ;)
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2008, 08:54:46 PM »
i chose to go sly and do not have any intentions of growing back hair besides I can't either

God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair

Offline Thompson

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2008, 09:22:18 AM »
Hello,Dog!

Yes,I like being bald.If not anything,it's probably a most memorable look.When I watch my class photos,it always makes me smile how my head is shining,and such.Also,what I always say ; don't respect man because of his money,wife,look - respect him the way he looks inside.Really,this is just a haircut.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2008, 09:28:17 AM »
I HATE BEING BALD.  Its cold, sweat runs down my eyes, you hit your head on things you never have dreamed of, you have to shave it everyday, you have to buy the shaving gel, lotions, scrubs, use more razors, when you dont shave everyday it starts to itch, tshirts are hard to put on if you have stubble, you often get the velcro effect, reclining in my leather recliner my head sticks and sweats.

Man, I LOVE hate being bald.

slyatlast

« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2008, 09:38:13 AM »
The long, detailed answer from me:  Yes!

Those of us with MPB are so fortunate to live in an age when sly is common and even considered "cool".  It may be another sign of the evolution of man!   8)  
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 11:28:42 AM by slyatlast »

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2008, 10:30:14 AM »
Like most everyone else, I LOVE being bald!!!  I'm like a lot of others in that I started shaving due to MPB ... I said "OK Mother Nature, you started this - but *I* am by god going to FINISH it." That was about 12 years ago. I've been sly so long now that if there were a pill to instantly restore all of my hair, and I grew it out (not that I would take that pill!) My wife, friends, and coworkers wouldn't recognize me! I love the way being Sly makes me stand out from the crowd.

Offline Reyzor

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2008, 02:30:49 AM »
The long, detailed answer from me:  Yes!

Those of us with MPB are so fortunate to live in an age when sly is common and even considered "cool".  It may be another sign of the evolution of man!   8)  

LOL, that reminded me of what one of my cousin's told me the first time he saw me after going sly.  He said, "Wow, you look like you're from the future."  He meant it in a good way though.  I also had a longer goatee at the time, so he called me "Ming the Merciless."   >:D

As far as developing early MPB (started mid-20's into my early 30's), I honestly felt I didn't have much of a choice in the matter, so I accepted it wholeheartedly.  After a few years of spending hundreds dollars fighting a cosmetic inevitability, I eventually embraced it.  So yes, I do like it.  Can't imagine it any other way at the moment.

marty22

« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2008, 06:20:19 AM »
Used laser to take off the top and even out my look. No other choice here. Its bald forever.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2008, 07:57:54 AM »
but Marty...you got a good bald goin on there. 

Offline slickjay

• Sly Jr.
  • It could not possibly get any better than this.
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2008, 09:49:58 AM »
After one week of being sly, I know this is the best decision I've ever made concerning my appearance. Personally, I don't care that much how other people think I look (though its nice to hear positive feedback), but slyness just makes me feel more confident.
"It seems to me that if you or I must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying and try so to live that our death brings no pleasure to the world."

East of Eden, John Steinbeck

JohnMont

« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2008, 10:07:59 AM »

I think there was another thread somewhere discussing the "by choice" thing;   it was concluded that all of us are "sly" by choice"   --   just as others are full-head-of-hair by choice; comb-over by choice; or mpb-by choice.   For me; I could choose to be "buzzed with very thin layer on top;next to nothith at hairline-by choice" ; but   instead; I am SLY-SHAVED by choice.   I love having embraced the sly look -- it IS a choice; and  I wouldn't have it any other way.

John

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2008, 10:10:47 AM »
YES!  :)
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2008, 12:53:46 PM »
In a word.....Yes!    O:O

Enter your email address: