Author Topic: Wifey Poo is Curious  (Read 30887 times)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Wifey Poo is Curious
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 08:38:19 PM »
Rob, the noggin looks (as the Guinness guys say) BRILLIANT !!!

Congrats.

Schro

Thanks, Schro...CHEERS!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 09:08:46 PM »

"How many of you are staying slick even though you still have pretty good or good coverage if you decided to grow it out?"

What initially confused my wife and is now confusiing certain folks is....why would someone go totally bald while they still have good coverage.

This is going to sound crazy, but ....

I shaved for the first time in January 2002, after 3 or 4 years of thinking about it.  I'd receded a good bit and was just starting to thin, but still had most of my hair.  I knew that the day was coming when the hair would be gone, I was curious to know what I'd look like with a shaved head.  A botched haircut gave me the excuse I needed to actually do it.  I liked the result, but grew it back right away, because I felt so self-conscious about it.  I just wasn't ready to be bald yet.

However, after that first shave, I was absolutely hooked on the smooth feeling and I shaved and grew it out again several times over the next two years.  Finally, in November 2003 I decided that I really needed to get this "out of my system" and that meant being a full-time baldie, whether I liked it or not, for an extended period of time.  I forced myself to shave daily for three months and then extended the period for another three months.  I wish that I could say by that time, that I never looked back.  But suddenly, I had the urge to grow my hair again.

Now, here's the crazy part - I had a Seinfeld moment.  The hair would not grow back.  I was bald -- permanently!  I don't know why it came as sort of a shock because I certainly knew it was going to happen someday.  But you always think you've got more time.  I could still grow some hair on top and still had to shave it every day, so I hadn't noticed how much I'd lost.  But when I stopped shaving, it never developed into anything more than peach fuzz.

I have even less on top now, but am still not naturally slick bald on top.  And the crazy thing is, sometimes I forget that I've got severe MPB.  Sometimes if I get into lazy mode and go a day or two without shaving, I can almost convince myself that if I let it grow for  a long enough time, I'll eventually get it all back.   After about 5 or 6 days, which is about the longest I've ever held out, it becomes painfully obvious that it isn't going to come back.

Every once in a while, I see someone on TV or in a movie and think their hair looks really good, and think, maybe I should grow mine out and get it cut like that.  Then I remember the cold hard truth.  I think because I've never gone around with an MPB fringe, I just don't think of myself that way. 

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007, 08:28:28 AM »
Alright, gang....

I know this subject has been touched on to some degree in other threads....and I can name two of you off the top of my head who this applies to (David and Chadoweasle).

But my wife specifically asked me to pose the question again to the gang.

"How many of you are staying slick even though you still have pretty good or good coverage if you decided to grow it out?"

What initially confused my wife and is now confusiing certain folks is....why would someone go totally bald while they still have good coverage.

So....

Question #1:  "How many of you are staying slick even though you still have good coverage (i.e. no MPB)?"

Question #2:  "Why would someone go totally bald while they still have good coverage.?"
-----------------------
Post up, mates....I gave her my thoughts, but she wants to hear from THE PROFESSIONALS!

BTW...my shaving this weekend is not predicated on anything here...she's just curious.
Q #1: If I chose to grow my hair back, I would have a full thick head of dark brown hair.
             Q #2: I think for me, it was just a choice, kinda like choosing what type of hairstyle I would like the next time I went to the barber. It was like a fashion statement.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2007, 08:31:33 AM »
Q #1: If I chose to grow my hair back, I would have a full thick head of dark brown hair.
             Q #2: I think for me, it was just a choice, kinda like choosing what type of hairstyle I would like the next time I went to the barber. It was like a fashion statement.

Same Here, bro!!

^^32

Offline Lex Luethor

• Sly Jr.
  • This *is* my happy face.
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2007, 03:38:23 AM »
Jeez... this question takes me back. I haven't had "full coverage" since the 70s.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2007, 08:43:02 AM »
Jeez... this question takes me back. I haven't had "full coverage" since the 70s.

LOL!!....Some of these dudes weren't even born in the '70's

b@b~ b@b~ b@b~

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2007, 11:12:45 AM »

b@b~ b@b~ b@b~

What was the 70's like? 

@n(
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2007, 12:05:21 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA      ;D :*))     fF##
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2007, 01:18:36 PM »

b@b~ b@b~ b@b~

What was the 70's like? 

@n(

Became a teenager in the '70's.....went to high school from '76 to '80

One of the greatest things of the '70's was Van Halen's first album....released in '78

BaldRob

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2007, 04:06:09 PM »

b@b~ b@b~ b@b~

What was the 70's like? 

@n(

One of the greatest things of the '70's was Van Halen's first album....released in '78

I started Kindergarten in '72...  ;D

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2007, 05:20:54 PM »

b@b~ b@b~ b@b~

What was the 70's like? 

@n(

I was borne in 71 ;D

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2007, 05:32:59 PM »

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2007, 05:49:55 PM »
I was borne in 71 ;D

*!d

<-------------
 How come the arrow is pointing at you Robmister? ;D

« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 06:00:51 PM by The Original Canadian HeadBlader! »

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2007, 06:03:43 PM »
I was borne in 71 ;D

*!d

<-------------
 How come the arrow is pointing at you Robmister? ;D

That was intentional...

I was born in '62.....

compared to the b@b~ b@b~ b@b~ around here....

I'm a  *!d

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2007, 06:04:42 PM »
But you are only as old as you feel ;D