Author Topic: My fellow Sly Bald Guys  (Read 2978 times)

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
My fellow Sly Bald Guys
« on: January 12, 2007, 05:46:29 PM »
2007 has not started out for me very well. Thus far, I have had a blown headgasket on my truck (which will hopefully be fixed tomorrow) and my home computer is fried. Can't afford to replace the computer at this point, so I will not be present as much as I have been. This leaves me with access at work and at my mom's to the internet. Just a quick heads up, although I'm having a rocky start, I think "The year of the Bond" will treat me well otherwise.

Keep it real, keep it SSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYY

In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Re: My fellow Sly Bald Guys
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 05:58:14 PM »
Pig - that sucks.  Too bad about the truck; at least you can get the work done cheaply.  Good luck on the computer.  This might be a good time to look for a used one; a lot of people may have gotten new ones for Christmas
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 06:01:02 PM »
Some good friends of ours own their own business and I get everything at cost. That's a definite plus

Yeah, my labor is real cheap...lol
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 06:23:35 PM »
Dang....cars & computers are major components too.

although I'm having a rocky start, I think "The year of the Bond" will treat me well otherwise.

Keep it real, keep it SSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYY

It's not what life throws ya, but your ATTITUDE about what life throws ya....you already got the right attitude.  Just stare it into submission with the hairy eyeball!!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 06:25:49 PM by Robmeister »

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 06:11:29 PM »
Pretty sure we got the ol Mater fixed up...computer is a different story...it'll be a month or two...oh well, more time with the wife and kids

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 06:14:34 PM »
That's good.  I heard an ad on the radio where they were giving away free pcs.  I thought of you and looked it up, but I couldn't find it and the site I remember is dead.  I'm sure it was some kind of marketing scam where they would send you a lifetime of crap, but it was worth the shot.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 06:15:05 PM »
computer is a different story...it'll be a month or two...

Edit: saw why it would be a month or two.    Somebody here has to be good with computers and could give you a price you could afford.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 06:16:57 PM by David »
bald for life

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 08:32:07 PM »
PigPen, I fix computers for a living, either PM me or post what's wrong, see what I can do.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]