Author Topic: Anyone ever try the P90X workout ?  (Read 3005 times)

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
Anyone ever try the P90X workout ?
« on: July 17, 2008, 07:09:09 AM »
I just saw this infommercial and as someone who has always done weight training I am always skeptical about stuff like this but I must admit I am intrigued. I'm pretty active and am in good shape now but not great so I am looking to take it to the next level. 
I did a google search on it and found a bunch of youtube videos of guys that use it and post their results.
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-42,GGLG:en&q=p90x

Can anybody attest to the P90x workout ?

Shave your head.....free your mind.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Anyone ever try the P90X workout ?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 07:23:25 AM »
sounds challenging...but not impossible.  You just have to have the will power to stick with it and alot of discipline.  Any kind of work out is good for you...so give it a go bro.  Do the before and after pics for us.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 08:49:34 AM »
I've seen it advertised and was curious myself.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 08:57:36 AM »
No...personally these things aren't for me. Purchased a Total Gym two years ago but not using it the way I should..plus take a little care because of some upper back issues. I do use my treadmill faithfully though.
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 10:40:15 AM »
Do the before and after pics for us.

uhm... shouldn't that be the before and after pecs?!!
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 11:06:16 AM »
LOL magma....I was thinking on the lines of Buttocks..lol  Kidding just kidding...lol

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 01:51:05 PM »
One of my buddies just finished it.  He sent me a before and after shot, and I'm very impressed.  Quite a change.  He's going to do it again.

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 09:36:01 AM »
cool. I may have to give it a try...although the thought of working out an hour EVERY DAY does not appeal to me. I believe in at least 2 rest days.  Well...its only for 90 days. Ill see how it goes and post some pics once I get to it.
Shave your head.....free your mind.

Offline jhickman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 10:17:59 AM »
I haven't heard about the P90X, but after watching some of those videos it reminded me of Crossfit.  www.crossfit.com   I followed that program for a while and had great results.  Some people on the Crossfit site recommended "The Zone" diet as well. 

Good luck to you, I'll be interested to hear how it goes.