Author Topic: New SBG Member (Current Hairclub member) Finally going to do it!  (Read 24914 times)

Offline Tampadrew

• TampaDrew
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • A New Sly pic will be coming soon!
Hi Sly Guys;

First off I want to say hello since I am a new member here.....I am glad that I ran across this site because I see that I am not alone in this world when it comes to having hair loss problems. I think making a decision to deal with your hair loss problem in a straight forward and manly way is not always an easy desicion to make, but it is the right one.

My Background - To tell you a little about myself I am 32, happy, healthy, have a good job, and have had a receding/thinned out hairline since I was 19. I tried different hair styles and kept it cut short, but I always thought it looked bad and at a young age it affected my confidence in certain situations. I was 24, in a long-term relationship and with her support I decided to try Hair Club for Men and basically sell my soul to the Devil! When I first joined there was a boost in confidence b/c I have never had such a full head of hair before in my life, but I did not realize all  the BS that came with being a member. It is a trap, they put hair on your head knowing how difficult it is to take it off and explain to people about your wig and deal with your hair loss again. I spend over $400 a month for a lame service from "sometimes" rude and unhelpful hairstylists, you figure they would be grateful that they have made as much money off of me as they have over the last 8 years. Then you have to factor in the hassle of having to deal with the "system" (their term for a freakin wig.....like it is something high tech or revolutionary...lol). Since you only get your hair cut every month, the 1st couple of days you get your hair cut it looks good, real, and fresh........but as the month rolls on, I get less confident with the look...it looks flat, it shifts on the sides and back, and the front (which is held on by a type of glue) gets all gummy and is a real pain in the ass!!!!! Man, I really hate wearing a wig and being part of Hair Club....and to think I actually pay for it! :-(

Living a lie - My long term girlfriend and I broke up about 2 and a half years ago, and I have been single ever since. I really have no problem meeting women (which is fine for dating or short term relationships)......but I do not allow myself to get close to a girl and start dating and my confidence is down. The reason is because I am living a Lie!! I have a wig on my head that I do not tell anyone about, and because I hide this from the woman I meet it messes up my head and crushes my confidence. I mean, what do I tell her.....do I say something right away, do I hide it, I hate just not being me!

Final Straw - Last weekend I was in New Orleans with friends and we meet some ladies.......I was back in the room foolin around with Gabby when she ran her fingers through my hair......she paused and said "can I ask you a question"......I said sure.....she said "are you wearing a wig"?
WOW......I was blown away and devastated.....i told here that it is only temporary b/c I had some surgery on my scalp. :-(   (talk about a buzz kill!)

You know what......it really is temporary...screw this wig.....I'm going BALD!!!! I already planned it out and have taken two weeks vacation.....I am doing it then to get used to it myself.....I finally want to feel good about myself and get this damn wig off my hear for good!  :-)

Offline The Zook

• One Blade Renegade
  • Super Sly
  • Collector O'Razors
Re: New SBG Member (Current Hairclub member) Finally going to do it!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 09:00:36 AM »
Heck yes!

What a great intro and story my friend... You WILL NOT regret this and judging from what you said you will feel completely free.

Man, I can't wait for your to shave it off and tell HCFM good riddens!

=
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 09:03:55 AM by Lucky13MN »

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 09:01:24 AM »
Drew,

Welcome to the Bald Club for Men (and women too, if they care to join).

Sly Bald Guys is a great way to start your new Sly life.

Cheers,
Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 09:02:11 AM »
Fence sitters and others who are waiting or hesitating, take heed.

This fella has his head on straight
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tampadrew

• TampaDrew
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 09:26:50 AM »
Thanks for the support guys....I really appreciate it and it makes me feel even more confident with my decision! The good things is I really don't care if other people like it....I know I am going to like it! :-)  I am in sales, I wonder what my boss will say when I do it, I am going to tell him before I do.

I can't wait to feel my 1st shower  being bald, smooth, and without a wig on my head! :D

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 09:41:45 AM »
Bro you are going to be a new person.  Its an awesome feeling let me tell ya.  It  has been a year now since I have started shaving and I do not regret any moment. 
I take it you are from Tampa.  We go to Bradenton/Sarasota every year, actually I just got back from there about 3 weeks ago.  Next time we are down there if you are still around we need to meet up and hang out or something.  Talk to you later...Good Luck and Congratulations! 

Timmay

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 09:50:13 AM »
Drew-

Welcome to the Hairless Club for Men!!! Good for you to finally be done with that beast you've been wearing...

Mike O0
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline The Zook

• One Blade Renegade
  • Super Sly
  • Collector O'Razors
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 09:54:09 AM »
Hey, now that there is a picture I can honestly say you're going to pull of the 'slyness' very well... Should actually help in your sales position since you'll have more confidence.

Good luck, wish you were doing it sooner lol.

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 09:56:49 AM »
TampaDrew. A GREAT introduction. In the words of Morpheus from the Matrix... "FREE YOUR MIND"
You dont need a wig to make you look good. Shave it and be free. ---No more "system", no more combover...
no more worrying. Now you will know if a girl likes you it will be for you...not for the fake person you are putting out there.
Awesome group of people here that I am proud to be a part of. You will get a lot of support...just do it.
Shave your head.....free your mind.

Offline Tampadrew

• TampaDrew
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 10:05:45 AM »
I really have to admit I have a huge smile on my face, I am not really the kind of guy that types on message boards much.....but this has been a fantastic experience! I feel so good about taking this step and changing my life! The advice and support you guys give is so helpful! I am excited to join the HAIRLESS club for me soon! :-)

TimmJ, Sarasota is an awesome area.....I'll grab a drink with a fellow Sly Guy anytime!
Lucky13, I agree....I think my confidence will be WAY up and it will show in my performance.
DJ_Bald, How did you know I love the Matrix.....great movie and advice!

Oh yea, I am doing this the week of August 5th (my birthday) I will post pics as soon as it is done!  !B@

Offline The Zook

• One Blade Renegade
  • Super Sly
  • Collector O'Razors
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 10:17:58 AM »
Quick Photoshop to help nudge you over to the sly side...

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 10:20:28 AM »
Drew,
Great intro. Like you, I rarely post on boards (in fact this is the only one I frequent).
I never did rugs, plugs or drugs, and considered myself a pretty confident guy (even with the "horseshoe of hair"). However, I got a tremendous boost of confidence when I shaved my dome in January 2007 (my wife might say too much confidence  ;D ). In all seriousness, I think you'll absolutely love the look & feel when you finally go sly. The feeling you get is TRULY LIBERATING.

I only have two questions for you:
1. How are you going to use all that free space in your brain when you stop worrying about the rat on your head wig?
2. How are you going to keep all the ladies in check when they start with the headrubs? (And there will be plenty).

All the Best, bro!
Schro
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 11:45:22 AM by schro »

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

marty22

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 10:26:09 AM »
Hey TampaDrew and welcome!  Unfortunately as soon as I saw your pic, and due to the fact I had several friends over the last # of years with a "system", I could tell...................
Just make sure you don;t shock yourself with your new look too quickly. Get rid of the wig, tell a few people you;'re doing it and shave it off on vacation. You can always let it grow. 5 bux says your head shape will fit your new look and u keep it shaved permanently.

BTW-I was in Sarasota last year and the traffic was brutal. Nice place tho. I've been condo hunting all over the Florida area for a year or so. see u there in the Winter(lol)!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 11:28:27 AM by marty22 »

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 10:43:31 AM »
Fence sitters and others who are waiting or hesitating, take heed.

This fella has his head on straight

but not his hair!!  :D

Welcome to the  family Tampadrew  :)
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 11:17:16 AM »
Drew!  My man!  What a great into! 

I'm so glad you were able to find this site.  You are going to rock the Sly look. 

Just a word of advice for you.  If you haven't already, start reading the boards to learn how to get a good shave.  That way you make your first shave an awesome shave.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.