Author Topic: LDR's... everyone has an opinion,  (Read 14544 times)

BaldRob

Re: LDR's... everyone has an opinion,
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 05:41:11 PM »
But then there is BaldRob post I cannot relate to my theory.
On the other hand, BalbRob could have a defective gas connector; massively leaking gas behind his back, explaining his post somewhat off topic!

Well... I do not have a defective gas connector!  

Great post Phil!!!   O0 :*)) :*))

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 05:41:49 PM »
MagmaBabe, you post is a real puzzler to me!
I did a little google searches and found : "LDR Industries - Always the Leader in Quality Plumbing Products" and then :
Office of Information and Public Affairs - March 4, 2008 Release #08-205
"LDR Industries Recalls Gas Connectors Due to Fire and Explosion Hazards"
 Aaah- Aaah... Could be it !

MB : "so what's yours? Do you think they can work? If not, why not?"
So MB got one of those gas connectors and wants to know if she can use it safely despite the recall.
So far, so good.
fr8train : "Although my LDR lasted for nearly a year, in the end is was not successful"
RazorX : "I think it's working just fine"

Two confirmations. I'm on track!

On the other hand, BalbRob could have a defective gas connector; massively leaking gas behind his back, explaining his post somewhat off topic!

sgt. Pate : "I can see an LDR being a phase of the relationship but it's impossible to meet each others physical"
But that's just the point of a gas connector : set a relation between two physical equipements. Unless, OF COURSE, it is defective !

So in the end, MB, my advice is  : get rid of your LDR at once : it is dangerous!

A little story from my past:
Once I had a colleague who was dating a nice girl living 100 km away. Everything was going well, they used their LDR gas connector once in a while and were very happy. Then they decided to use their connector more often and they got married, living together only the week-ends because of work. A year after, he moved to live permanently with his wife. I was invited for a week-end a few months later. A real nightmare : Their LDR connector was damaged beyond repair !
That's the problem with some LDR : they are fine for occasional use. But when you decide to use them permanently they sometimes tend to degrade rapidly. My friend got a divorce a few months  later...

No gas connector for me : I use induction cooking !

that has got to be one of the best post's I've EVER seen on this forum  O0
thanks Phil!
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

buuckkweet

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 06:24:08 PM »
Hi MagmaBabe!

LDRs DO work, but both parties have to really be committed to each other.

Mrs. buuckkweet and I were very close all through high school.  We wanted to get married as soon as we graduated.  Big problem.........She needed to take care of her Grandmother, and I went into the Army to help support my Mother. 
For 12 years, I only got to see her when I came home on leave.  The rest of the time we stayed close through phone calls, and mail.  We went through the trials and tribulations of being apart.  When I came home for good in April of 92, we fought, fussed, cussed, broke up and made up so many times it was just crazy!! :/O 
Sadly, my Mother and her Grandmother passed away on the same day, April 24, 1994.  It took both of us a long time to get all the legal and financial stuff taken care of.  On August 4, 1997 we got married and never looked back.  Now we take care of each other.  :@`

In our case, YES!  LDRs DO work!  But it took a lot of fussing & fighting, lots of break ups & make ups, and a bit of irony.

Offline babb4214

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2008, 07:19:57 PM »
Magma,
What's your situation? I'm currently in an LDR, for over a year now and it's be 6 months since we've seen eachother. It's REALLY hard when it goes that long because it just seems like there's a big fight every other day or so because both people are frustrated to hell! So if you are in one, i TOTALLY know what you're going through.
In my opinion, i think they can work, but it definately takes more effort than a regular relationship. There has to be trust, and if there isn't, then it's NOT going to work. There can be a lot of paranoya (sp?) and definately arguments over STUPID little things that wouldn't normally be an argument.
SO... they can work, just a lot of the time it's a hassle and it gets tough. My suggestion is to visit as much as possible, and eventually, if it is possible, be near eachother and try out a normal relationship, just dont tie the knot right off the bat, because even though you think you really know the person, being away for any long amount of time, there could be things that you dont like... So take it slow and in stages, hope this helps.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2008, 07:37:13 PM »
Don't think an LDR would work for me.
When are you thinking about moving to NorCal, M-Babe?

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2008, 08:45:04 PM »

Hey Hey now!!!! What's up Schro? I see you're back from Mexico and ready to start some sh!t! :*)) O0
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2008, 09:00:32 PM »
No sh*t starting here... too pooped to poop  :*))
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 09:03:55 PM by schro »

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 09:17:16 PM »
too pooped to poop  :*))

That's where a good laxative come in handy!  Take one and all you do is sit there and it just flows out effortlessly...    :*))

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 09:17:55 PM »
too pooped to poop  :*))

That's where a good laxative come in handy!  Take one and all you do is sit there and it just flows out effortlessly...    :*))
:*)) :*)) :*)) :*))
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2008, 09:35:07 PM »
YOu mean NO GRUNTING AND GROANING?  What fun is that?  I love going to public bathrooms and pretend im sitting on the stool.  I will grunt really really loud.  One time I embarassed my 9 year old son and he walked out.  LOL

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2008, 09:39:38 PM »
With regards to the LDR, I tried it with an ex.  We were together for 5 months, then she got a job in Toronto, and I was still living in Ottawa at the time.  It wasn't that bad cause I was able to go down to see her on weekends and the 5hr drive didn't bother me.  2 months after she moved is when I got accepted for the job I'm in now, and so I I thought it was great cause where I am now is only 2 and a half hours from Toronto.  Things were good for the first month, but then it just got difficult with my schedule.  She worked a regular 9 to 5 gig Monday to Friday but what with my shift work it became quite difficult to see each other.  We talked about things and eventually came to an agreement that it wasn't going to work.  That was 3 and a half years ago, but to this day we remain best of friends.  In my case it didn't work but we mutually decided that being friends was for the best, and it was!

I think in my case it has quite a bit to do with the shift work, and how I can be called in and I HAVE to go.  I've been there 4 years now, and it seems as though most law enforcement jobs aren't conducive to lasting relationships.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2008, 10:55:10 PM »
YOu mean NO GRUNTING AND GROANING?  What fun is that?  I love going to public bathrooms and pretend im sitting on the stool.  I will grunt really really loud.  One time I embarassed my 9 year old son and he walked out.  LOL

TMI, Timmy.   g@@4

Offline J Digory

• My head's like my bass playin': Smooth
  • Super Sly
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2008, 11:45:51 PM »
MagmaBabe, you post is a real puzzler to me!
I did a little google searches and found : "LDR Industries - Always the Leader in Quality Plumbing Products" and then :
Office of Information and Public Affairs - March 4, 2008 Release #08-205
"LDR Industries Recalls Gas Connectors Due to Fire and Explosion Hazards"
 Aaah- Aaah... Could be it !

MB : "so what's yours? Do you think they can work? If not, why not?"
So MB got one of those gas connectors and wants to know if she can use it safely despite the recall.
So far, so good.
fr8train : "Although my LDR lasted for nearly a year, in the end is was not successful"
RazorX : "I think it's working just fine"

Two confirmations. I'm on track!

sgt. Pate : "I can see an LDR being a phase of the relationship but it's impossible to meet each others physical"
But that's just the point of a gas connector : set a relation between two physical equipements. Unless, OF COURSE, it is defective !

So in the end, MB, my advice is  : get rid of your LDR at once : it is dangerous!

A little story from my past:
Once I had a colleague who was dating a nice girl living 100 km away. Everything was going well, they used their LDR gas connector once in a while and were very happy. Then they decided to use their connector more often and they got married, living together only the week-ends because of work. A year after, he moved to live permanently with his wife. I was invited for a week-end a few months later. A real nightmare : Their LDR connector was damaged beyond repair !
That's the problem with some LDR : they are fine for occasional use. But when you decide to use them permanently they sometimes tend to degrade rapidly. My friend got a divorce a few months  later...

No gas connector for me : I use induction cooking !

Yes, indeed. That was a very inventive and FUNNY post. Oh man, I am still chuckling. Mostly because I actually DIDN'T know what an "LDR" really was until a few posts in. hahaha!

Long-Distance-Relationships should be limited to a phase, in my opinion. But no one should listen to my opinion, because I am not the one to get any advice for any sort of relationship. I suck at all things relation-ship related. SUCK! If you are planning on pissing off your significant other, then talk to me about ways to do it. I am very skilled at that, and I also have a knack for finding ways to nit-pic every little thing until there is no more happiness left.
All that said, I suggest you find out how they prefer the relationship to go and then demand the opposite. If they complain, follow up with some under-handed comments insulting their commitment. Or just make fun of them. That works, too. Seriously though, don't follow anything I would every advise in regards to love or relationships.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2008, 06:30:28 AM »

MB,
I agree with Srgt.  LD can be a 'phase ' in a relationship; a necessary evil (i.e. of one person just CAN't give up a job while the other MUST move away to a new one);  but one that has to end eventually.  I don't thing there can be any such thing as a permanent LDR -- but I'm not sure if that's what you're asking.

PS ....   what was that whole thing with RazorX ? ? ?

John

thanks John, you and the Sarge.  :)
and as for that whole thing with Razor... you have as much idea as I do!!  :D
(like I said, I think he's on the sauce!!)

love ya really Razor! lol
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2008, 06:34:02 AM »

You did tell your wife we're just cousins, right?  :px
my bags are packed and I'm ready to leave.. just waiting for you to
give me the nod!   ;)