Author Topic: Matte For Men Antioxidant Shave Gel  (Read 5019 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Matte For Men Antioxidant Shave Gel
« on: January 11, 2007, 11:15:06 PM »
Thanks to Teambean we learned about the Matte For Men line of products here at Sly Bald Guys.

I had the pleasure of trying out the Antioxidant Shave Gel this morning for the first time.

I put a new balde on my HeadBlade to make sure I gave a proper review and jumped in the shower with my gel in hand.  When I opened up the cap and squeezed the gel (the size of a quarter) into my hand a thick, chocolate sauce looking gel came out.  This was fitting because the gel smells like a sweet chocolate bar.

I then lathered the gel on to my wet skull.  The gel leaves a thin, clear layer on the scalp, just as it says it will.  This helps to see the spots that you missed easier than some of the other creams and gels.  I then put the razor up to my head and proceeded to shave as usual.

The gel provided a slick surface, similar to the slickness of HeadSlick and Bold for Men, which I have found to be the two slickest products to date.  As with Bold for Men, the clear gel provided bit easier time of seeing my hair line than HeadSlick. 

The shave I got from the gel was smooth and there was no nicks or razor burn.  I was also able to complete my second pass without having to add extra gel.

Pros:

A slick surface equal to the top rated gels already reviewed.

I was also able to get a good shave on my face with this gel.

Sweet, chocolate smell that was non-offensive.

Clear gel that allowed to me to see my hairline easy while shaving.

Cons:

The smell was a bit long lasting.  I still smelled in on me an hour later.

Comes in a small 2.5 ounce container which makes me think you might need to replace this more often than other gels.

Overall I would recommend this product as it ranks up there with other premium brands.  You can learn more about Matte for Men at http://www.matteformen.com.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 02:26:39 AM by Tyler »

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Teambean

• Sly Jr.
Re: Matte For Men Antioxidant Shave Gel
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 09:05:20 AM »
I just tried Matte For Men's Antioxidant Shave Gel on another spot besides my head...my back! It worked great s it seemed to trap any back hair I had to make it easy to get to...although I am a little embarrassed to admit it.. just thought it could help!

Teambean
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 02:51:37 PM by Teambean »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Matte For Men Antioxidant Shave Gel
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 11:52:44 PM »
Right now you can get a free tube of the Matte for Men Shave Gel by purchasing 2 tubes of the Matte for Men Lotion with SPF 25.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.