Author Topic: Sly Bald Guys Toolbar  (Read 5630 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Sly Bald Guys Toolbar
« on: January 11, 2007, 01:35:43 AM »
I recently found a website that allowed me to create a toolbar for Sly Bald Guys.  This thing is awesome!!

Here's what it will do:

Includes a cookie cleaner, a history cleaner, and a cache cleaner
      Get notified when you receive new e-mails to your POP3, Yahoo!, Gmail, or Hotmail accounts
      Instant access to our site from any site on the web
      Search from anywhere on the web
      Get instant access to useful links
      Learn of new posts automatically via the RSS Reader

To get the toolbar for either IE or Firefox, go here: http://slybaldguys.forumtoolbar.com/

Here's a picture of the toolbar (click to enlarge):

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline BigJeffrey

• Sly Jr.
Re: Sly Bald Guys Toolbar
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 10:55:34 AM »
i downloaded the tool bar and it's pretty cool.  I like the email notification and the links to various places on SBG right there.  Good work Tyler. 

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 11:38:12 AM »
Yeah, good stuff
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 02:37:22 PM »
Thanks guys!  I thought it was a pretty cool idea and it was easy to make.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 04:10:51 PM »
TSK TSK, guys I support Microsoft Windows Vista, and prior to that Windows XP, now in my experience when a customer loses internet access we check security (norton, macafee and panda are nasty with internet connections) if the security is removed and still doens't work we check for tool bars... so guys be careful with this could be a internet blocker....
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 04:32:59 PM »
If you guys seen any problems with this toolbar let me know. But, I did TONS of research on this before creating it and I have found very little to indicate that it would block the internet or have any malicious affects.

This toolbar is used by some of the most respected sites on the net and is based on Open Source technology.

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 05:48:56 PM »
I tested it out on firefox at work, no issues, worked well.  I then removed it, well, because other then the logo, and the weather, it was almost a duplicate of the existing tool bar in firefox.  I don't use internet exploder much, so didn't test it.

I actually thought it was neat though.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 06:00:32 PM »
I tested it out on firefox at work, no issues, worked well.  I then removed it, well, because other then the logo, and the weather, it was almost a duplicate of the existing tool bar in firefox.  I don't use internet exploder much, so didn't test it.

I actually thought it was neat though.

Glad to know that you're a Firefox user!!!

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 06:15:05 AM »
Thanks guys!  I thought it was a pretty cool idea and it was easy to make.

Tyler, I think it's awesome!
I love the weather, its very local and doesn't just give london as a whole.
The fact that it notifies me that I have new mail is cool too (although, it won't allow my hotmail addy's, no idea why!!) and it comes in very handy for checking out the forum and choosing what post I reply to, instead of having to sift through all the posts.
All in all, I recommend it, well done.  ;D

(it also gets me to myspace quicker by clicking on SBG's and then home  ;))
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 07:12:27 AM »

asadasdasdada

Oh, man.....Well said......I couldn't agree more...

Who is that masked SlyGuy?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 10:02:55 AM »

asadasdasdada

Oh, man.....Well said......I couldn't agree more...

Who is that masked SlyGuy?

Well, guests can post in this forum, so it looks like he was testing it out.  He's gone.