Author Topic: Head feels lumpy, thinking of shaving it off, fear head lumpiness.  (Read 14499 times)

Offline baldingat26

• Learning the way of Sly
Ok, so forgive me if you read this in another thread.  I have been losing my hair since I was 22.  I am now 26, and surprisingly I still have a lot of coverage, which is surprising to me.  While washing my hair this morning, I felt some lumpiness on the back corner of my scalp which has me shitting myself as I was just about to buzz it all off.  Now I am debating whether or not to buzz it, fearing that my head will look like a lumpy mess.

However, I read in other forums that people feared the lumpy head look after feeling lumps on the scalp, only to discover that the lumpiness was not noticable once they shaved their head.

Anyone else run into this dilemma?

Thanks in advance, guys!

baldy46

Re: Head feels lumpy, thinking of shaving it off, fear head lumpiness.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 11:49:51 AM »
Don't fear the head lumpiness.  There aren't too many perfect heads out there.  I, too, feared the lumpiness.  I have a bit of that "shelf look" going on in the back, but I can honestly say it looks better shaved than with hair.  The lumpiness seems more noticeable to me when my hair is really short versus shaved.  Plus, I don't think it's a bad look, just a little different than the perfectly round head.  Now that I'm used to it, I don't give the lumpiness a thought.  A few people have commented that I have a big head, but I figure the brain inside is bigger.  LOL!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 11:51:42 AM »
Shouldn't be a problem dude. Go for it.

BaldRob

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 12:05:31 PM »
I've got a hole in my head... (I know peanut gallery, I left myself open for grief on this)

There are no perfect heads out there... you'd be suprised at what you think is an issue and then you come to find that it's not an issue at all!

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 12:15:57 PM »
Go for it. If you don't like it (I'm betting you will) it grows back.

It's just hair dude.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 01:18:50 PM »
Yeah, what those guys said. We are our own worst critics.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 01:32:39 PM »
Go for it  O:O, the "lumps" are fun to rub! O0

Offline jerkNturk

• The Forum Turk
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • el oh el
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 03:37:38 AM »
I have the same issue with my head. It is not PERFECTLY symmetrical on either side and kind of comes up near the back. But whatever man, aint much you can do about it. Worst case scenario is that it just grows back, and you should at the very least try it. I guarantee you it is almost a spiritual experience the first time you shave your head, and regardless of the outcome you will not regret your decision.