Author Topic: Movie Theaters...aarrrggghhhh  (Read 1768 times)

GASlick

Movie Theaters...aarrrggghhhh
« on: June 27, 2008, 09:45:04 PM »
I quit going to movie theaters several years ago.  Mainly because people don't know how to behave anymore.  I like to sit in the middle half way up the seats so I can get "into" the movie.  I arrive early, appx 20 or so mins depending on how popular the movie.  I get my food and go to the bathroom and THEN sit down.  5 mins AFTER the movie starts some party of 20, usually teenagers but not always, shows up and says "Can you move down?"  NO!
Cell Phones ringing, people talking on their phones, texting, getting up and down, walking around. 

With that said, we did go see all three "Pirates of the Carribbean" movies at the theater.  What are your bad movie experiences?

RICKYBOBBY74

Re: Movie Theaters...aarrrggghhhh
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 09:54:00 PM »
back in like '89 or so when the original batman movie came out. me and a friend went to downtown chicago to see it. we got there.the theater was packed. the guy next to me had sandals on. he decided within 10 mins. of the movie starting that he would take them off and prop his feet up on the seats. they seriously smelled like a bag of wet doritos....about 15 mins. later u could tell that the theater people had turned up the a/c to shoot that funk on out the place !

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 07:33:30 AM »
i would have had to tell him something. i usually don't go to movies. but when i do, i wait untill the movie has been out for a couple weeks. that way the crowds are smaller. matinees help too.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 09:19:16 AM »
when i do, i wait untill the movie has been out for a couple weeks. that way the crowds are smaller. matinees help too.

My strategy precisely....some people like the full theater atmosphere...

My thang is the less people the better...

Me and my daughter like to use the handicapped seats where it's just 2 seats at the back row of the front section separated by an area where a wheelchair can pull up and their's no one right behind ya either.

Of course if someone rolled up in a wheel chair, we'd do the right thing...

and say TOUGH LUCK, BUCKO !!.........j/k....haven't come across that yet.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 09:24:16 AM »
Rickybobby...I went to see that movie and fell asleep..lol

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 09:29:44 AM »

Are you kidding?....the original Batman movie?.....Jack Nicholson as the joker?.....Kim Bassinger?

Dude....somethin' else had to be goin' on....Benadryl?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 09:32:31 AM »

Are you kidding?....the original Batman movie?.....Jack Nicholson as the joker?.....Kim Bassinger?

Dude....somethin' else had to be goin' on....Benadryl?

I'm with Tim on this one.  I didn't fall asleep but I was disappointed in the movie.  Just didn't find Michael Keaton to be a credible Batman.  Christian Bale is a much better Batman, IMO.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 11:54:15 AM »
Some movies need the full screen experience. Recently, all the Marvel Comic movies (Iron Man, Fantastic Four, Spiderman) fall into that category.

Like others, I usually wait until opening weekend has come & gone.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.