Author Topic: Sharks 88 Eagles 96  (Read 2935 times)

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
Sharks 88 Eagles 96
« on: January 05, 2007, 03:27:50 PM »
What a downer, just got home from tonight's basketball, Sheffield Sharks Vs Newcastle Eagles, not quite up to the standard that you guys would expect, but nonetheless having been a basketball cynic this game can be pretty damn exciting.  A story of missed oportunities tonight, so many chances to kill the game. 

Anyway, I know it is only mid afternoon over the pond, but 11:00pm here so after a long week g'night people  ;D

A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Sharks 88 Eagles 96
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 03:32:15 PM »
Have a good one Argyle. Is that a McEwan's 80 you're pouring?

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 03:35:34 PM »
I believe it is une stella artois, in a 'giraffe'!!  It was the last day of a holiday in Grenoble in France, long day walking up a mountain in the Alps and we needed beer.  False economy though because our giraffe had a leak and it ended up in the main on the floor or on my jeans!

That said you cant beat a good old pint of Old Peculiar a fantastic beer that we have over here if you like your bitter.  If you are ever in the UK look it up, dont have too much though it is pretty strong, an issue i fell foul of when we were doing a crawl of all the pubs in York that sold this particular tipple!
A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 04:22:53 PM »
I used to work in a liquor store during my high school / college days. We carried O.P. I remember it well. Back then, it was in shorter, stubbier black bottles.

I just remember M-80. I drank that almost exclusively when I went to Scotland a few years back. Well, that and single malts.

Oy !
Schro

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 04:25:08 PM »
Scotland is a fabulous part of the world

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 04:32:05 PM »
It was a great trip, no doubt.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 06:16:51 PM »
Scotland Rocks!  Nothing like the beer - or a glass or two or bottle of whiskey while up at the Old Course - which is golf at its finest.  Try reading How The Scots Invented The Modern World
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt