Author Topic: Ways to get rid of extreme bumps?  (Read 7241 times)

Offline Scotsman

• Sly Guy in Training
Ways to get rid of extreme bumps?
« on: June 20, 2008, 12:46:05 PM »
Three days ago, I first tried going bald all the way and I butchered it. I used some cheapo electric razor and went to town. Any rough spots that I had I went over waaaay too much, and went to work with a beet red head and tons of bumping.

Well, I finally got my shaving routine down, but the bumps from a few days ago haven't left yet. I know they aren't from recently, as I left the shower with no irritation (except for some headslick in the eyes  :'() I just rubbed the back of my head this morning, and they are STILL there.

So what could I use to get rid of these persistent bumps? ...anything short of an open flame and an extremely high pain tolerance?  ;D

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
Re: Ways to get rid of extreme bumps?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 01:01:28 PM »
Hey Scotsman,

Bumps like that usually take a bit of time (1 week) to clear up. After your shave try rubbing some Witch Hazel on your scalp to dry the bumps up. And have patience. O0

Nick, WARHAWK any advice for our Brother?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 01:04:17 PM by fr8train »
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 02:48:59 PM »
scotsman:  U might want 2 try spraying rubbing alcohol on your blades after 1 or 2 passes on the noggin'.  U can buy a bottle of rubbing alcohol for about 1 or 2 bucks.  i put the alcohol in a small 2 oz. bottle spray that U can buy at walmart in the travel-size section:  where they keep the travel sized... soaps, lotions, mouthwash, toothpaste, etc. 
after headshaving... give yourself a good cold water rinse, ice cube rub, pat dry, and apply some TN DICKINSON witch hazel.  place the witch hazel in the fridge.  the coolness is an inviting sensation.  witch hazel is an astringent & its good 4 the skin (cuts down on irritation/bumps).  i got that advice from jdog.  anyways... check out my post titled...WARHAWK's ALCOHOL REVIEW... i believe it's located in the HEADSHAVING section of the forum.  anyways... as far as your current bumps, they will should slowly go away.  also... try not 2 apply toooo much pressure when shaving the noggin'.  hope this helps & keep us posted.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Scotsman

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 12:29:12 PM »
Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot! O0