Author Topic: Hobbies & How you spend your time  (Read 22672 times)

Offline Hawk

• Sly
Hobbies & How you spend your time
« on: January 04, 2007, 04:32:26 PM »
There are some interesting fella's on this forum and I thought it would be cool to see what you guys do with your free time as far as hobbies.  First of all my FAMILY (wife, 2 daughters, and 1 son) comes first, but in the free time I do have you can find me:

Playing Golf

Racing ATV's in the ATVCCS (ATV Cross Country Series) for Texas - Chicken Hawk #999

Riding my Harley Davidson V-Rod (my wife hates when I pull it out of the driveway - LOL!)

Playing and Writing Music - I've sold one song, but it required me to sign a non-disclosure agreement so I can't say the name of the song, but you have probably heard it on the radio

I do a lot of charity work for the Down Syndrome Guild of Texas

POST UP......What floats your boat!!!!

« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 04:35:25 PM by Chicken Hawk »

Hawk
"I live life in the fast lane and my hair couldn't keep up"

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Hobbies & How you spend your time
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 04:53:06 PM »
Music is my big thing. I play guitar, sing and I'm writing some songs. Not really interested in selling much at this point. I wanna play my own stuff and maybe sell it later. Other than that, I just spend time with the family. I like hot air ballooning too, but my pilot currently lives in Denver and I haven't flown since............it's been almost a year I think. I have crewed for him since then though. Wife got a ride during balloon fiesta this year though. VERY enjoyable and beautiful sky when the balloons fill it.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 04:55:11 PM »
i work too damn much. whenever i do find time i spend it with my family wife and 2 boys. as for fun: fishing is my passion/obssesion. coaching my boys in sports takes up alot of it but it is SO worth it. i like to draw, paint, and cook. if you like what you see you can find me at...........wait, wrong site. sorry

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Hawk

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 04:56:30 PM »
Music is my big thing. I play guitar, sing and I'm writing some songs. Not really interested in selling much at this point. I wanna play my own stuff and maybe sell it later. Other than that, I just spend time with the family. I like hot air ballooning too, but my pilot currently lives in Denver and I haven't flown since............it's been almost a year I think. I have crewed for him since then though. Wife got a ride during balloon fiesta this year though. VERY enjoyable and beautiful sky when the balloons fill it.

I've always wanted to try hot air ballooning!  It seems really peaceful.  Sweet hobby man!
Hawk

Offline Hawk

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 04:59:44 PM »
i work too damn much. whenever i do find time i spend it with my family wife and 2 boys. as for fun: fishing is my passion/obssesion. coaching my boys in sports takes up alot of it but it is SO worth it. i like to draw, paint, and cook. if you like what you see you can find me at...........wait, wrong site. sorry

I have a lot of respect for those that can draw and paint.  I've tried, but unless you want a good stick person you won't be happy with my work.  Maybe in the next life I will be able to paint!  Great hobby!
Hawk

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 05:04:12 PM »

I have a lot of respect for those that can draw and paint.  I've tried, but unless you want a good stick person you won't be happy with my work.  Maybe in the next life I will be able to paint!  Great hobby!

I can't either, but when I student taught last spring, one of my students designed his own shirts.    He painted the scenes/characters and everything.   One of the subs we had loved to paint and gave lessons on the side, I got her to meet him and get him started on that path.

He had a lot of artistic talent, and I hope I see his name mentioned in a newspaper in the future.
bald for life

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 05:48:38 PM »

I've always wanted to try hot air ballooning!  It seems really peaceful.  Sweet hobby man!

It's a blast. I think the best part is the tailgating, but I am biased...
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 05:57:07 PM »
... beautiful sky when the balloons fill it.

Yer not kidding...we have them go up in MULTIPLES here in the Denver burbs...not far from our house.  It's gorgeous!  Sometimes they drift over our backyard, pretty dang close.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 06:08:13 PM »
... beautiful sky when the balloons fill it.

Yer not kidding...we have them go up in MULTIPLES here in the Denver burbs...not far from our house.  It's gorgeous!  Sometimes they drift over our backyard, pretty dang close.

You've probably seen my buddy's balloon. It's a dead cat, grey with black ears that are ten feet tall, X's for eyes and tongue sticking out. He calls it 1 down 8-2 go

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 06:32:17 PM »
You've probably seen my buddy's balloon. It's a dead cat, grey with black ears that are ten feet tall, X's for eyes and tongue sticking out. He calls it 1 down 8-2 go

I'll keep an eye out.  What's the season they do it.

This is weird, but I seem to recall seeing a balloon like that

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 06:34:36 PM »
He likes to fly as often as he can. Doesn't really matter what time of year. He told me that the last time he flew up there it was -6 degrees. He flew for an hour and a half and barely used any fuel at all.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 07:42:29 PM »
I’m pretty simple.  The family I have now is my wife, my one son and me.  With the family, school and work, my old hobbies and interest have fallen on the priority list.  I enjoy keeping in shape and car racing.
I sort of fit the description “jack of all trades but master of none” when it comes to hobbies.  I dabbled in several different things ranging from photography, web design, mma and cooking.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

BaldRob

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 06:38:09 AM »
Great idea for a topic Chicken Hawk!

My biggest hobby is chasing women...  ;D j/k because that's more of a job!!

I love photography... got a Canon 30D a few months ago and even though it's my second digital SLR I'm still learning how to use it.  World of difference between film and digital!

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 06:59:23 AM »
I off road and spend my spare time working on my jeep and my buddies buggy.  I love welding and building things from metal.  Dabble in woodworking a bit, and collect straight razors.  During the summer I ride my Honda VFR every chance I get.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

BaldRob

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2007, 07:00:46 AM »
I off road and spend my spare time working on my jeep and my buddies buggy.  I love welding and building things from metal.  Dabble in woodworking a bit, and collect straight razors.  During the summer I ride my Honda VFR every chance I get.

A fellow jeeper... <wave>