Author Topic: ureeeka! (finally)  (Read 2941 times)

HoodooMan

ureeeka! (finally)
« on: May 29, 2008, 08:52:09 PM »
hey brothers,
  i've been sly for just over a month now. i heard others say how liberating it is to be sly, and that you'll eventually grow to love it if you don't love it right away. i was doubtful at best. i'll admit, i initially did it because i felt that it was my only option. i hated it, but then again, i also hated my receeding hairline with the hair i had left, so what's the difference? anyway, the past couple days i've finally looked in the mirror in the morning and thought, "ohh! i get it now! i do look fine sly, and i DO love it!" it's taken me this amount of time to finally REALLY dig it, but i have to say i really do dig being sly. i don't even wear my hats all the time anymore! no more worries with wind, rain, motorcycle riding, boating, etc. it was you guys who gave me the courage to finally do it too. i've begun to see a couple other sly guys here on campus as well, which is really great being only 23 years old seeing fellow young slys. i feel like a new man, and i do like my new look. i can't wait to go out to the bars with my new look now, i know the ladies will dig it. my lost confidence is finally coming back to me. it was there all along, but i just needed a little push to find it again. as far as i'm concerned, that is the sh*t. PERIOD

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: ureeeka! (finally)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 08:59:17 PM »
Awesome bro!  Welcome to the Sly side of life!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

GASlick

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 11:56:15 PM »
Good for you!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 05:01:41 AM »
Awesome bro. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 11:25:26 AM »
congrats bro. now get out there and enjoy it.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 01:25:22 PM »
Another saved soul converted to ways of righteousness and slydom.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 01:44:45 PM »
Great to hear, and it gives credence to our motto to give it 30 days before you really decide if it's you.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 02:59:44 PM »
OH YEAH!  O:O

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Enter your email address: